Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sales Are Picking Up

Default Re: Sales Are Picking Up

Here in the USA, it's true: not as well known as in The UK.
    But, we have to advertise, and I am currently rethinking what I will sell, so I hesitate listing until I get a better handle on what I might better sell.
    We all have to self promote: I hit that little red Google Button so much, I see it in my dreams. But, it works. I get views, but no takers.
    Could be a lot of different factors; we have to step back and access ourselves. Would we buy what we are selling, and at that price and shipping? Yes? No? oh yes - and to throw a monkey into the wrench, there's always someone out there who will.

I think Facebook is all about those who post on it, rather than being a source of sales. IMHO.

Google it. I also toss mu biz cards in public places. And try not to worry.

Much success to you, my friend!

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AddyGirl View Post

I think Facebook is all about those who post on it, rather than being a source of sales. IMHO.
    I used to be very anti - Facebook ... until I learned how to use it as a marketing tool.

No business profiles are allowed now, this needs to be personal, but then create an attached business page.
    We generate sales every day from there now. Granted, nearly all visitors to our bricks & mortar premises, or customers contacting us directly & paying over the phone or internet - but sales are sales wherever they come from.

Join like minded groups, ie: mingle amongst your potential customers, there are thousands of them!!
    Throw special offers into the mix .... generate interest in what you have and your customers will come.

Best of luck.
    Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Thanks!

Happy to see you posting! Hope you are doing better.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AddyGirl View Post
    Thanks!

Happy to see you posting! Hope you are doing better.
    Yep, can't keep a good woman down lol

Going to our shop in about half an hour, am sure to see something that needs doing.
    Just wish I could drive though .... but too many opiates in the ol' bod to be safe.

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Forum Newbie
    Provincetown, Massachusetts, United States
    All-About AdinfinitumEtc
    View AdinfinitumEtc's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi - I'm responding to you in particular because you are based in the US.......I've been selling coupons (and other things) on fee-bay for ages and they changed their coupon policy which SEVERELY limited how many (and value) I could list, so I looked for other sites and found ebid.I purchased the lifetime membership as it sounded like a good deal. I have been listing for about 8 weeks now and have had NO sales. I read suggestions - what TO do and what NOT to do - filled out my profile, created 2 stores, lurked around the forums and tried to join the affiliate program (still trying to figure that one out). I am also immediately posting to facebook when I do a new listing or edit an already existing listing. Any more suggestions? I am somewhat technologically-challenged, so everything seems to have a big learning curve and I'm getting a bit discouraged. Thanks! C-Sue

I'm about to go look up how to create a link to my stores:

Save Money here: http://coupon-continuum.ebid.net
    Check out my books here: http://bodacious-book-banquet.ebid.net

Forum Lurker
    View daysailer55's Feedback (+251)
    All-About daysailer55
    View daysailer55's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AdinfinitumEtc View Post
    Hi - I'm responding to you in particular because you are based in the US.......I've been selling coupons (and other things) on fee-bay for ages and they changed their coupon policy which SEVERELY limited how many (and value) I could list, so I looked for other sites and found ebid.I purchased the lifetime membership as it sounded like a good deal. I have been listing for about 8 weeks now and have had NO sales. I read suggestions - what TO do and what NOT to do - filled out my profile, created 2 stores, lurked around the forums and tried to join the affiliate program (still trying to figure that one out). I am also immediately posting to facebook when I do a new listing or edit an already existing listing. Any more suggestions? I am somewhat technologically-challenged, so everything seems to have a big learning curve and I'm getting a bit discouraged. Thanks! C-Sue

Er, I don't know if eBid has changed their policy banning selling coupons. I just looked at the banned items list and couldn't find it but didn't look too hard.

A few years ago I innocently listed some coupons for sale (I didn't know they were banned). Within a few weeks I got an email from support telling me they were banned and that the listings had been removed. Oops. Didn't mean to violate policy.

You might want to ask support if they are still forbidden.

It took a few months to get my first sale when I first joined. All I can say is 'keywords in the first 150 characters'.

Halfblood
    , I took a look at some of your listings. If English is not your native language, you might want to enlist some help. I see numerous grammar and spelling errors. Your descriptions are written in first person too. It would also help to break up your descriptions into 2-3 sentence paragraphs. Add more item description information too. Capitalize the first word of your sentences too. Proper grammar inspires more confidence for buyers. Your listing titles are also unsearchable as they contain symbols in them. Google then reads them as one long word which is undiscoverable by search engines. Take out all the '~" symbols in your titles. Just trying to help.

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AdinfinitumEtc View Post

That's exactly how I felt when I joined - bewildered!
    And it is a long learning curve, where I made lots of mistakes. Didn't make a sale for 3 months.

I'm just having my best month ever - 26 sales so far, the last 3 to the US, so perseverance pays off.
    I don't use Facebook or Twitter, and rarely post on Pinterest - I don't have the time.

If you can be patient, and read the tips and tricks on the forums, I'm sure it will come right for you. There are a lot of clever people on here, and most of them will help if you ask.

Good luck with future sales.

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    My views are up but alas my sales are not.
    Since 21.12.14 (post #4) my sales are up. The new year started well with one sale and was quickly followed by another to the same buyer. One in February and now two in March so have equaled last years sales already.

I do wish more buyers would leave feedback. I'm sure it would help sales by giving others confidence in the seller.

My feedback is +5 but I've actually sold ten items (two posted this week so fingers crossed).

Anyway things are definitely looking up.
    Last edited by theElench; 13th March 2015 at 09:27 PM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Quote Originally Posted by caramia64 View Post
    I have to say I have not had a sale for ages, was busy for a period last year but drastically down! Plenty of views though but I guess they are from other sellers just browsing
    I do find it a bit odd that some of my listings get so many views but no buyers. One particular coin I have had on for months is a very collectable RM proof. On TOS they always sell on auction (often for more than my price) and regularly sell BIN for more than I am asking. It's had around eighty views but no takers.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Newbie
    Provincetown, Massachusetts, United States
    All-About AdinfinitumEtc
    View AdinfinitumEtc's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK, I will go check out my listings to see if I need to make corrections. I didn't know about the google doing that with the special characters. Thanks for the help.

I went into several of my listings and trmoved the special characters from the title, but now they look like english is my second language - it's NOT, BTW - because the punctuation is wrong!

I also edited the descriptions and reviewed the changes. The editor is not saving my changes as I have written them - has anyone had trouble with this?
    Last edited by AdinfinitumEtc; 14th March 2015 at 03:14 PM. Reason: added text

Thread Information