Quote Originally Posted by Golde View Post
Wow thankyou for all of the great answers! I will sign up for skrill, nothing to lose! as paypal have just made themselves simply unusable for me. I will also try to buy using skrill.

I agree with everything that you say 100% squern. I think that greedbay has effectively altered general internet buyers perceptions of what to expect, often in direct contradiction to sellers legal rights, and more importantly what they can get away with! I class myself as an excellent honest seller. I WANT buyers to be happy. The 'good feeling' is very important to me. But my long term 100% feedback on greedbay was eroded by just a couple of unscrupulous buyers who took advantage of the system deliberately. When the DSR's came in, many of us saw our formerly proudly gleaming 100% status drop to 99. in part purely to new buyers not understanding the significance of just one 'star'. In fact the last 2 items that I sold with paypal ( both £100+£10citilink courier) albeit spanning a 3month period have been challenged, with buyers opening INR + SNAD ( wanting 50% discount) cases, 'trying it on' fortunately neither managed it and paypal closed cases! However this new worry for me is too much with ridiculous 6 month returns!! (One of those items was a 1920's gramophone ( working and sold cheap!) Paypal is effectively blackmailing sellers into disregarding their own UK legal rights, madness!

I know it is only a % of buyers, I used to be able to avoid problems 100% through a high level of service, but that % seems to have grown a LOT in the last 12months.Too much for me!

What really surprises me, is how many buyers have no idea about the trading UK law of 'offer & acceptance' ie. The REAL UK SELLING LAW not greedbays 'made up one'.

1. Seller advertises item for sale.
2. Buyer makes OFFER to seller to buy under terms offered by seller.
3. Seller ACCEPTS buyers offer, and only then is legally binding contract made

The problem is that THIS ^ is what greedbay is deliberately trying to mislead buyers away from.

I look forward to seeing greedbay's share price in Q1 2015, as I have been told that their sales numbers are massively right now down by 2 friends who work in investments. Investors/traders have NO IDEA what is really going on there. It is obvious to me just looking at no. of pages of listings in the categories I have always searched regularly. Way down from this time last year. Time will tell.

I sell a large item cash on collection only probably only once a month on greedbay now, (down from 20-30items a month) Last month I had a buyer pay with paypal for an old mans bike despite the clear listing details in capitals stating STRICTLY CASH ON COLLECTION ONLY. He was local so easy to collect. I explained that unfortunately we do not accept paypal for collected items as per Paypals own advice to sellers. He said that he only wanted to pay by paypal even though he was aware of listing terms. I refunded. It was all done very politely. But he then did not bother to collect, so another £10 lost for me in fvfs, as it showed that he 'had paid'
Of course if I had let him take the bike, he could have opened INR and won, so I had no choice but to refund him. I can't rely on buyer honesty, when the system is working against me and paypal will happily bounce my payment back out of my bank account at their whim.

I cant afford, and do not wish to continue that utterly ridiculous game of seller blackmail @ £10 a go. I may as well feed change into a slot machine instead.

I WANT this site to succeed SO much!
WOW! For anyone not yet acquainted with, 'What's wrong with PayPal?" you certainly gave a textbook condensation in
less than 1 chapter!

Good job! Now, grab a Brandy and on we go to promote this site and any PayPal alternatives that do not provide long term rentals-to-ruination.