eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6month returns ebay only? or here too? paypal + ebay ONLY?

View Golde's Feedback (+16)
    All-About Golde
    View Golde's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default 6month returns ebay only? or here too? paypal + ebay ONLY?

Hello, I have stopped accepting paypal on ebay since the 6month returns thing started ( I mostly sell old/used/antique items and so it is completely unworkable, plus I will never accept such a blackmailing criteria in order to sell MY things!)

I only list 'strictly cash on collection only' items on egreed now, which works fine for big things anyway.

I was going to move here entirely, as I assumed that the 6month returns thing is an Egreed thing ONLY?
    But today I see the post on here about it being a paypal thing?

Surely that would only work when the selling platform has been designed to work in conjunction with it? (as per egreed)
    Does this even work in reality on the ebid platform? and if so how? and if so why would ebid allow it, knowing that it will scare away sellers here too!

If the 6month thing is here too then I have wasted £50 joining ebid.. : (

Can anyone clarify?

View Golde's Feedback (+16)
    All-About Golde
    View Golde's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 6month returns ebay only? or here too? paypal + ebay ONLY?

And just to add, if this IS the case, can I opt NOT to include paypal as an accepted payment and specify postal orders instead? I assume that I am not bullied into offering paypal here! : )

Yes it is a general Paypal ruling and nothing to do with individual sites. You can opt out of using Paypal here but it will severely limit your sales as so many people use it these days. eBid does have Skrill intergrated and also their own pppay company. Hope this helps.

A claimit would have to contact PayPal.
    PayPal would deduct the refund from your PayPal account.
    eBid would not be involved at all.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I stopped using Paypal here sometime ago, except for YDC listings.

I use Skrill, which is an integrated payment method on eBid, and payment went through smoohly.

Just to add, I also accept Skrill as a payment option and have had three buyers pay with this method. No issues, so far, with using Skrill as a payment method.

All of the Above Collectibles Plus

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Although the six-month return period is horrendous, unfair, and probably illegal, it will be more of a problem on eBay than on this premium site.

eBay have encouraged their buyers to be more and more demanding over a long period of time. They have also put in place practices which make it very easy for scammers and thieves, to the detriment of their paying customers. They therefore encourage a certain sort of buyer - a sort of hybrid, which will not be found anywhere else.

Think about it - which High Sreet shop would tolerate the antics of some eBay buyers? eBay pressure their paying customers to accept this unreasonable behaviour, on pain of sanctions. You may wonder why, I certainly do.

Like any other trading partner, eBid does not encourage its buyers to expect any more than they are due under the law, and so does not suffer the high proportion of dishonesty that eBay does.

There will be exceptions, but I believe the average eBid buyer is above such devious practices.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I stopped using Paypal here sometime ago, except for YDC listings.

I use Skrill, which is an integrated payment method on eBid, and payment went through smoohly.
    I went to The Skrill site - it talks about being a european company. I am in The USA, and wonder what product you use. Skill Direct? Other? Thank you!

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squern View Post
    Although the six-month return period is horrendous, unfair, and probably illegal, it will be more of a problem on eBay than on this premium site.

eBay have encouraged their buyers to be more and more demanding over a long period of time. They have also put in place practices which make it very easy for scammers and thieves, to the detriment of their paying customers. They therefore encourage a certain sort of buyer - a sort of hybrid, which will not be found anywhere else.

Think about it - which High Sreet shop would tolerate the antics of some eBay buyers? eBay pressure their paying customers to accept this unreasonable behaviour, on pain of sanctions. You may wonder why, I certainly do.

Like any other trading partner, eBid does not encourage its buyers to expect any more than they are due under the law, and so does not suffer the high proportion of dishonesty that eBay does.

There will be exceptions, but I believe the average eBid buyer is above such devious practices.
    Sorry, but that made me really laugh.

its like saying Marks & Spencer has less shoplifters than Poundland because M&S customers are above than sort of thing.

i suspect that if you calculated the percentage of scammers to number of customers on any site or store the percentages would be fairly close.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AddyGirl View Post
    I went to The Skrill site - it talks about being a european company. I am in The USA, and wonder what product you use. Skill Direct? Other? Thank you!
    I am in the USA also. When you sign up with Skrill they make the adjustment to USA.

Skrill is an integrated payment system on eBid.net. Just enter your information (email) in your account information area, next to skrill and a payment button will appear on your invoices, and on your listings.
    This is set up in "My eBid" > "My Options" > "My Personal Details".

The most recent sale I had, the buyer stated they sent it to my email address. I received the payment without difficulty. Just sign up on their site, and they will validate your accounts, as Paypal does. I registered with them at www.skrill.com; by clicking on "Sign Up" Button.

Thread Information