eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6month returns ebay only? or here too? paypal + ebay ONLY?

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 6month returns ebay only? or here too? paypal + ebay ONLY?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Sorry, but that made me really laugh.

its like saying Marks & Spencer has less shoplifters than Poundland because M&S customers are above than sort of thing.

i suspect that if you calculated the percentage of scammers to number of customers on any site or store the percentages would be fairly close.
    You don't now see the sellers on the eBay forums complaining about the many and various ways they have been ripped off by "buyers", with the connivance of the site owners, and I suspect it is because eBay sanitise the threads.

However, you used to see about every third contribution saying that, in one form or the other.

You very rarely see it on these forums. I'm sure it would appear regularly if it was happening.

On the subject of shoplifting, or "theft" as I prefer to call it: Marks and Spencers would appear to be a better target than Poundland because of the greater value of their stock, and the ability of thieves to easily dispose of it.

Imagine how much stuff you would have to lift from Poundland to net the same profit - you would need a hand barrow. And where would you sell it? Half price Wagon Wheels or Imperial Leather soap down the pub?

The comparison of shoplifting levels between shops has nothing to do with the customers, and all to do with the disposability and cost of the stock.

And I still think eBid attracts a nicer type of buyer!

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I am in the USA also. When you sign up with Skrill they make the adjustment to USA.

Skrill is an integrated payment system on eBid.net. Just enter your information (email) in your account information area, next to skrill and a payment button will appear on your invoices, and on your listings.
    This is set up in "My eBid" > "My Options" > "My Personal Details".

The most recent sale I had, the buyer stated they sent it to my email address. I received the payment without difficulty. Just sign up on their site, and they will validate your accounts, as Paypal does. I registered with them at www.skrill.com; by clicking on "Sign Up" Button.
    Thank you, burgyeb!

View Golde's Feedback (+16)
    All-About Golde
    View Golde's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wow thankyou for all of the great answers! I will sign up for skrill, nothing to lose! as paypal have just made themselves simply unusable for me. I will also try to buy using skrill.

I agree with everything that you say 100% squern. I think that greedbay has effectively altered general internet buyers perceptions of what to expect, often in direct contradiction to sellers legal rights, and more importantly what they can get away with! I class myself as an excellent honest seller. I WANT buyers to be happy. The 'good feeling' is very important to me. But my long term 100% feedback on greedbay was eroded by just a couple of unscrupulous buyers who took advantage of the system deliberately. When the DSR's came in, many of us saw our formerly proudly gleaming 100% status drop to 99. in part purely to new buyers not understanding the significance of just one 'star'. In fact the last 2 items that I sold with paypal ( both £100+£10citilink courier) albeit spanning a 3month period have been challenged, with buyers opening INR + SNAD ( wanting 50% discount) cases, 'trying it on' fortunately neither managed it and paypal closed cases! However this new worry for me is too much with ridiculous 6 month returns!! (One of those items was a 1920's gramophone ( working and sold cheap!) Paypal is effectively blackmailing sellers into disregarding their own UK legal rights, madness!

I know it is only a % of buyers, I used to be able to avoid problems 100% through a high level of service, but that % seems to have grown a LOT in the last 12months.Too much for me!

What really surprises me, is how many buyers have no idea about the trading UK law of 'offer & acceptance' ie. The REAL UK SELLING LAW not greedbays 'made up one'.

1. Seller advertises item for sale.
    2. Buyer makes OFFER to seller to buy under terms offered by seller.
    3. Seller ACCEPTS buyers offer, and only then is legally binding contract made

The problem is that THIS ^ is what greedbay is deliberately trying to mislead buyers away from.

I look forward to seeing greedbay's share price in Q1 2015, as I have been told that their sales numbers are massively right now down by 2 friends who work in investments. Investors/traders have NO IDEA what is really going on there. It is obvious to me just looking at no. of pages of listings in the categories I have always searched regularly. Way down from this time last year. Time will tell.

I sell a large item cash on collection only probably only once a month on greedbay now, (down from 20-30items a month) Last month I had a buyer pay with paypal for an old mans bike despite the clear listing details in capitals stating STRICTLY CASH ON COLLECTION ONLY. He was local so easy to collect. I explained that unfortunately we do not accept paypal for collected items as per Paypals own advice to sellers. He said that he only wanted to pay by paypal even though he was aware of listing terms. I refunded. It was all done very politely. But he then did not bother to collect, so another £10 lost for me in fvfs, as it showed that he 'had paid'
    Of course if I had let him take the bike, he could have opened INR and won, so I had no choice but to refund him. I can't rely on buyer honesty, when the system is working against me and paypal will happily bounce my payment back out of my bank account at their whim.

I cant afford, and do not wish to continue that utterly ridiculous game of seller blackmail @ £10 a go. I may as well feed change into a slot machine instead.

I WANT this site to succeed SO much!
    Last edited by Golde; 18th December 2014 at 01:49 PM.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

you could offer pppay as well I have received quite a few payments through them.

There is also nochex but i lost money with them because i hadnt used it in a year and they closed my account and kept the £15 i had in it
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golde View Post

The problem is that THIS ^ is what greedbay is deliberately trying to mislead buyers away from.

I look forward to seeing greedbay's share price in Q1 2015, as I have been told that their sales numbers are massively right now down by 2 friends who work in investments. Investors/traders have NO IDEA what is really going on there. It is obvious to me just looking at no. of pages of listings in the categories I have always searched regularly. Way down from this time last year. Time will tell.

I sell a large item cash on collection only probably only once a month on greedbay now, (down from 20-30items a month) Last month I had a buyer pay with paypal for an old mans bike despite the clear listing details in capitals stating STRICTLY CASH ON COLLECTION ONLY. He was local so easy to collect. I explained that unfortunately we do not accept paypal for collected items as per Paypals own advice to sellers. He said that he only wanted to pay by paypal even though he was aware of listing terms. I refunded. It was all done very politely. But he then did not bother to collect, so another £10 lost for me in fvfs, as it showed that he 'had paid'
    Of course if I had let him take the bike, he could have opened INR and won, so I had no choice but to refund him. I can't rely on buyer honesty, when the system is working against me and paypal will happily bounce my payment back out of my bank account at their whim.

I cant afford, and do not wish to continue that utterly ridiculous game of seller blackmail @ £10 a go. I may as well feed change into a slot machine instead.

Nightmare scenario's on another site? Nothing new there.... and no point in folks quoting them here as far as I can see....

It's a question of adaptation to a new site & letting the past go, surely?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wow thankyou for all of the great answers! I will sign up for skrill, nothing to lose! as paypal have just made themselves simply unusable for me. I will also try to buy using skrill.

I agree with everything that you say 100% squern. I think that greedbay has effectively altered general internet buyers perceptions of what to expect, often in direct contradiction to sellers legal rights, and more importantly what they can get away with! I class myself as an excellent honest seller. I WANT buyers to be happy. The 'good feeling' is very important to me. But my long term 100% feedback on greedbay was eroded by just a couple of unscrupulous buyers who took advantage of the system deliberately. In fact the last 2 items that I sold with paypal ( both £100+£10citilink courier) albeit spanning a 3month period have been challenged, with buyers opening INR + SNAD ( wanting 50% discount) cases, 'trying it on' fortunately neither managed it and paypal closed cases! However this new worry for me is too much with ridiculous 6 month returns!! Paypal is effectively blackmailing sellers into disregarding their own UK legal rights, crazy!

I know it is only a % of buyers, but that % seems to have grown a LOT in the last 12months. Just too much for me!

I look forward to seeing greedbay's share price in Q1 2015, as I have been told that their sales numbers are massively right now down by 2 friends who work in investments. It is obvious to me just looking at no. of pages of listings in the categories I search regularly. Way down from this time last year. Time will tell.

I left feebay in 2008 because how can i say they misrepresented the DSR act .in effect tarring all sellers with the same brush,

i would say there action was wrong but the action was a reaction to a problem that was growing and is still growing over there, the scam, fake, untruthful sellers still exist ,there chancres , who actually can manipulate the new "bad seller" rules to there advantage .

and then we get the buyers who took advantage of the bad seller rules to get stuff for free or huge % back in the form of SNAD,

so what a can of worms feebay opened up , making it increasingly more and more difficult for low volume business sellers to trade, collectable sellers to trade, coupled with the way the feedback system worked one could think they were gearing up as a huge retail only mega market, only the very large volume sellers would be unaffected by the star system that could wipe out selling privileges at a stroke, conspiracy theory ? nope its a fact.

6 months returns well it does not really make much sense does it , but hang on if you have thousands of lets say not up to the mark items you want to move on, at a cheap price because your not gonna pass any visual or test in a bricks and mortar store , then to move them its a % game , so the 6 months return makes a lot of sense, the people who suffer are the collectable sellerrs and the low volume sellers,

so we all move to alternative sites new grazing for old horses , dont think so as alternative sites grow they still use the no1 payment system son of feebay even though hes just about matured enough to stand on his own he still follows the families rules, ok a lot of sellers do offer alternative PO its the buyers who need to be convinced , heard me bang on about incentives, if you want to entice buyers to not only a cheaper/competitive price your gonna have to give them a reason to change a simple click and pay option to another one,

so what happens as ebid gets bigger and bigger do you think its only gonna be goodie sellers and buyers here, do the scammers on all sides when caught just evaporate and are never heard of again? do we start to implement the same restrictions on sellers here as on feebay ? i have my own ideas on how to make the site lets say a fairer for all concerned, but what do YOU ALL think will happen in the future when we get bigger and the less desirables increase ?
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About Golde
    View Golde's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Nightmare scenario's on another site? Nothing new there.... and no point in folks quoting them here as far as I can see....

It's a question of adaptation to a new site & letting the past go, surely?

I have been here since 2008. I want this site to IMPROVE. And be better than the other one. And we all know that it is within grasp! I was begrudgingly ok with paypal until the 6month thing. Game over.
    Last edited by Golde; 18th December 2014 at 02:28 PM.

All-About Golde
    View Golde's Listings
    Forum Posts

"new grazing for old horses"

Ah you made me smile : )

I agree with everything you say. I know it is the name of the game, the gift of low fees here will change with popularity, but I dont begrudge that at all. I think we disliked the 10% greedbay fees but got used to it. We were shocked by the 10% added to postage costs?!*! (I still believe illegal if challenged in UK court. I can only assume no one has tried.) But 6month free returns? the step too far.
    So we return here, again, but with real conviction this time..

( I say, yet I have still not devoted time to listing 100+items as my original intention!) I recently listed a few valuable items on both here and there at the same time, but CHEAPER here, as an experiment. Sold there (cash on collection only) Clearly people find the other listing, but not the one here..despite it being listed cheaper here..)

So in my view it is the SEARCH that needs to be improved.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been here since 2008. I want this site to IMPROVE. And be better than the other one. And we all know that it is within grasp! I was begrudgingly ok with paypal until the 6month thing. Game over.
    I joined here 2 years after you but my experience here is very different to yours.
    I gave up selling on eBay over 2 years ago....
    I accept Paypal because it is what Buyers want to use.... so be it. I haven't yet had a problem with it.
    eBid is constantly improving as it evolves.... we, as individuals, only need to evolve with it. Using what is available has worked for me: Opening Stores, filling in About Me page, listing varied items etc etc ad nauseum ad infinitum has paid off.... maybe it would for you?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

"new grazing for old horses"

Ah you made me smile : )

I agree with everything you say. I know it is the name of the game, the gift of low fees here will change with popularity, but I dont begrudge that at all. I think we disliked the 10% greedbay fees but got used to it. We were shocked by the 10% added to postage costs?!*! (I still believe illegal if challenged in UK court. I can only assume no one has tried.) But 6month free returns? the step too far.
    So we return here, again, but with real conviction this time..

( I say, yet I have still not devoted time to listing 100+items as my original intention!) I recently listed a few valuable items on both here and there at the same time, but CHEAPER here, as an experiment. Sold there (cash on collection only) Clearly people find the other listing, but not the one here..despite it being listed cheaper here..)

So in my view it is the SEARCH that needs to be improved.
    as i seem to be increasingly pointing out there is no incentive for people to look anywere else if its listed were they already are ,incentive means giving people a reason to look else were and buy else were

'shocked by the 10% added to postage costs?!*! (I still believe illegal if challenged in UK court. I can only assume no one has tried.) But 6month free returns? the step too far. "

that is a interesting one , you the supplier offer a non profit service, postage then your host charges you a fee to provide that service or encourages you to deceive your customer with free postage, ok i think the host can charge for hosting i dont think i could be termed illegal if it did get as far as court i think you would have a very good case in the fact that 10% was unreasonable a EG 2% handling fee would be reasonable its all on one or a combined invoice thats automatic there is no extra admin involved on feebays part,

i havent met anyone yet who agrees with a 6 month return policy

free postage offered does not mean free costs for small or collectable sellers who often have to take a hit on margins to even try to compete with bulk sellers who can have discounts with shipping companies on a sliding scale by numbers and or weight , its a deceptive move to encourage buyers with " yes folks its free shipping time " shipping cost moves to hidden cost,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thread Information