Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How to offer multiple shipping options in a listing?

Question How to offer multiple shipping options in a listing?

I just put together a new listing. It's lot of 3 Hallmark ornaments; I wanted to offer both Priority Mail and Express. Can offer a free Priority, however am not willing to pay $$ for the Express. I tried to offer a free Priority and weight-based Express however this didn't work, so I ended up offering a free Priority and then stating the availability of the Express Shipping for an extra fee in the Item Description and asked to request a shipping quote for the Express.

Would much rather offer this in the Shipping Options and let the Express be calculated based on the buyer's distance, but couldn't. Try all I might, actually twice, and it didn't work. I wanted the Express Shipping be one of my selling points, but oh well.

Any way around it? Thanks
    Last edited by OvertheRainbow4U; 21st December 2014 at 09:51 PM.

Question Re: How to offer multiple shipping options in a listing?

Ah great. No answer but all of a sudden my account is deactivated. I sent an email asking why, and then boom, it's reactivated. Still no answer.

I am still unable to do what I tried to do which is offer a free priority shipping AND a calculated express. Had no problem doing this on the other side of the bay. Don't know if this sells - remains to be seen - but at least I was able to offer it.

No such luck on eBid. Oh well. 8-|
    Last edited by OvertheRainbow4U; 22nd December 2014 at 08:19 AM.

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How to offer multiple shipping options in a listing?

Quote Originally Posted by OvertheRainbow4U View Post
    I just put together a new listing. It's lot of 3 Hallmark ornaments; I wanted to offer both Priority Mail and Express. Can offer a free Priority, however am not willing to pay $$ for the Express. I tried to offer a free Priority and weight-based Express however this didn't work, so I ended up offering a free Priority and then stating the availability of the Express Shipping for an extra fee in the Item Description and asked to request a shipping quote for the Express.

Would much rather offer this in the Shipping Options and let the Express be calculated based on the buyer's distance, but couldn't. Try all I might, actually twice, and it didn't work. I wanted the Express Shipping be one of my selling points, but oh well.

Any way around it? Thanks
    I am not in the states, but I think you should be able to do it, look at the screenshot below

Name:  Shipping.png
Views: 46
Size:  7.1 KB

Select your first shipping option, then press the purple +, and you should be able to add another option.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Thank you for taking the time to reply. True I could add the second option this way but after that, only the 2nd one will display. It was a calculated express, and the first one, free priority, vanished.

Thanks again

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

You really need an answer from a fellow American. Yours and our (UK) shipping are entirely different, and the options on listing are different - we do not see what you see. Alternatively, contact support direct for advice.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OvertheRainbow4U View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. True I could add the second option this way but after that, only the 2nd one will display. It was a calculated express, and the first one, free priority, vanished.

Thanks again
    If that is the case, then enter them the other way around

eBid does not have the option that most other sites have.
    Most other sites has a box by your first shipping option you can tick for free shipping & it will use calculated shipping for your other shipping options.

But since eBid does not charge fees on the shipping charges, most sellers do not offer free shipping.
    Last edited by HaleysComics; 23rd December 2014 at 03:20 AM.

Thread Information