eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does 'country/location' of seller not appear in results?

View Golde's Feedback (+16)
    All-About Golde
    View Golde's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down Why does 'country/location' of seller not appear in results?

Doing an advanced search to find UK only listings is one thing, but on my slow connection, having to click on a listing BEFORE i can see country of seller is, sorry to appear rude, but utterly worthless to me. I just wont bother searching, due to time wasted. All other similar sites show sellers location on key seach list.

I live in UK and only buy & sell inside UK on greedbay. And have done so for the last few years since getting my fingers burnt there over an expensive amplifier returned broken from France that cost me a fortune£!
    I have/and never will have any interest in either :

1.offering expensive international postage ( in these new days of paypal 6month return risk blackmail(completely unworkable when you sell vintage/used items) or
    2. buying anything from ouside UK. I simply dont need to!

Any chance that sellers location could be shown in search results PLEASE?

I might have to give up on this site if not and write off the £50 I paid. Which is a shame as with just a few tweeks, this site could EASILY replace the other one with support from keen sellers like me! But if it does'nt work, it does'nt work..

I thought that this site was UK based when I paid? But it is swamped by US listings?
    Last edited by Golde; 18th December 2014 at 12:33 PM.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Why does 'country/location' of seller not appear in results?

You can do this via the 'Advanced Search' tab to select only listings from the UK and in whichever category you wish to search:

Name:  advanced search_UK.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  26.6 KB

I use this method to find Australian listings when present hunting for my son and his family in Western Australia.

HTH

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golde View Post
    Doing an advanced search to find UK only listings is one thing, but on my slow connection, having to click on a listing BEFORE i can see country of seller is, sorry to appear rude, but utterly worthless to me. I just wont bother searching, due to time wasted. All other similar sites show sellers location on key seach list.

I live in UK and only buy & sell inside UK on greedbay. And have done so for the last few years since getting my fingers burnt there over an expensive amplifier returned broken from France that cost me a fortune£!
    I have/and never will have any interest in either :

1.offering expensive international postage ( in these new days of paypal 6month return risk blackmail(completely unworkable when you sell vintage/used items) or
    2. buying anything from ouside UK. I simply dont need to!

Any chance that sellers location could be shown in search results PLEASE?

I might have to give up on this site if not and write off the £50 I paid. Which is a shame as with just a few tweeks, this site could EASILY replace the other one with support from keen sellers like me! But if it does'nt work, it does'nt work..

I thought that this site was UK based when I paid? But it is swamped by US listings?

if you do the advanced search for the country or countries your interested in then only them countries or country will appear so you already know EG if its a uk item your gonna be looking at, if your saying this search has bugs or is not working , you need to post your concern on the correct thread which is one of the threads monitored all the time,

it seems to me you dont want to do a advanced search for EG uk only items , were as the ability to do that search is there and is a few clicks to enable your particular search wants,

Any chance that sellers location could be shown in search results PLEASE?"

the above suggestion might lead to some confusion maybe not for your particular needs but if i did a general search for a item then i would bypass the filter the sellers willing to ship to so i would have to click on each listing to see if the item was indeed allowed to EG the uk, otherwise i cant see the location being that important , because the original search options give me the items available in the uk or anywhere else im willing to buy from , as far as i can see, so in effect you would over rule the sellers ship only too" so you would see every thing available wether the seller ships there or nor, i dont have any problem with that, as long as thee original search options aren't interfered with, some buyers do search all ebid countries and ask if they can buy a item that the seller would not normally ship to i have had this happen on previous occasions
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About Golde
    View Golde's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    a few clicks
    A few unnecessary clicks though.
    1 click would be better (as greedbay)

Seller location needs to be shown on search results regardless. It makes no sense not to.

Then I would not have to waste extra time on 'advanced search criteria' ( on a slow connection, just to give you some idea, I often 'knit' whilst searching as page loads are slow!!) as I could just scan down the page, and dodge the US ones.

I am trying to give constructive criticism, possibly failing though lol! I agree I am raising 2 separate issues, but I keep 'trying' to buy on ebid instead of greedbay, but it is more hassle to search here, so I keep reverting back.
    I have stopped selling there now ( apart from cash on collection large items only) But annoyingly I am still buying on there! grr! BECAUSE things are EASIER to find there.

***Sellers location on search result pages is A MUST!**

30% of the time I click on listings here to find that they are in US but offering UK post. I will give you a totally random example of a listing that is a waste of time : item buy it now £5.78 post to uk £11.39 : http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/victoria...-131467592.htm
    Last edited by Golde; 18th December 2014 at 02:12 PM.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

30% of the time I click on listings here to find that they are in US but offering UK post. I will give you a totally random example of a listing that is a waste of time : item buy it now £5.78 post to uk £11.39 : http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/victoria...-131467592.htm
    Are you saying that this item is in the UK only search (using advanced) ?
    I couldn't find it there.

Why click randomly when you can search UK only so easily?

It's a straight case of adapting to a new site, surely?

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Doing an advanced search to find UK only listings is one thing, but on my slow connection, having to click on a listing BEFORE i can see country of seller is, sorry to appear rude, but utterly worthless to me. I just wont bother searching, due to time wasted......

....I thought that this site was UK based when I paid? But it is swamped by US listings?
    Advance search appears to be working as it should.

Basic search using the Key Word Lego = 2123 items available to a UK buyer.

Advanced search using Lego and UK = 1673 items available to a UK buyer.

Advanced search using Lego and US = 201 items available to a UK buyer.

So there is not a problem finding items by country.

And neither is the eBid site swamped by US listings.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

All-About Golde
    View Golde's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    Are you saying that this item is in the UK only search (using advanced) ?
    I couldn't find it there.

Why click randomly when you can search UK only so easily?

It's a straight case of adapting to a new site, surely?

I joined Ebid 2008. I have adapted. I have watched the site improve a lot! BUT sales are still very poor here compared to others. Basic search results NEED TO show location. This works on the other sites BECAUSE It is ESSENTIAL.

Yes, I just searched 'chair' no advanced, and then randomly clicked a couple. No location shown UNTIL AFTER you are on the items details page.

Come on, it is not rocket science, it is about making the site WORK BETTER.
    I have been here for years now, Ebid SHOULD be asking ME why I do not use this site more?! The answer is that I would LOVE TO! We all know that sales are slow here. There are reasons for that.
    I am trying to highlight a BIG ONE that I find as a buyer!
    Last edited by Golde; 18th December 2014 at 02:22 PM.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

I joined Ebid 2008. I have adapted. I have watched the site improve a lot! BUT sales are still very poor here compared to others. Basic search results NEED TO show location. This works on the other sites BECAUSE It is ESSENTIAL.

Yes, I just searched 'chair' no advanced, and then randomly clicked a couple. No location shown UNTIL AFTER you are on the items details page.

Come on, it is not rocket science, it is about making the site WORK BETTER.
    I have been here for years now, Ebid SHOULD be asking ME why I do not use this site more?! The answer is that I would LOVE TO! We all know that sales are slow here. There are reasons for that.
    I am trying to highlight a BIG ONE that I find as a buyer!
    Back to comparing others? Why?
    Need to show location - why?
    Because it is ESSENTIAL - no it isn't, not to me & possibly lots of others too.... only you consider it essential as far as I can see right now... the Advanced function serves the need.
    Ebid SHOULD be asking ME why I do not use this site more? - why? They don't ask me & I don't want/need them to. I go at my own pace - hence the difference in our feedbacks....
    We all know that sales are slow here. - speak for yourself..... my pace suits me thank you very much.
    I am trying to highlight a BIG ONE - it's only BIG to you it appears....

I just cannot accept your reasoning or assumptions stated as fact.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

A few unnecessary clicks though.
    1 click would be better (as greedbay)

Seller location needs to be shown on search results regardless. It makes no sense not to.

Then I would not have to waste extra time on 'advanced search criteria' ( on a slow connection, just to give you some idea, I often 'knit' whilst searching as page loads are slow!!) as I could just scan down the page, and dodge the US ones.

I am trying to give constructive criticism, possibly failing though lol! I agree I am raising 2 separate issues, but I keep 'trying' to buy on ebid instead of greedbay, but it is more hassle to search here, so I keep reverting back.
    I have stopped selling there now ( apart from cash on collection large items only) But annoyingly I am still buying on there! grr! BECAUSE things are EASIER to find there.

***Sellers location on search result pages is A MUST!**

i under stand your point i waas pointing out that what you asked for could be contradictory to search fields and may help you but may hinder others anyways all points are looked at in a debate and if ebid can see a improvement for the site through debate they more often than not implement it ,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5871)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would like to be able to confine my searches to items located in the UK without going through advanced search - I rather agree with the OP on the subject.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information