eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New ebid user wants to make sure he is doing things correctly

View HDLuckyLady's Feedback (+392)
    All-About HDLuckyLady
    View HDLuckyLady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: New ebid user wants to make sure he is doing things correctly

Sounds like the right way to go. If you need help with your first customs form, shoot me a line.
    Love jewelry? Love motorcycles? Me too! Check out http://harley-biker-shop.ebid.net/

Keep the rubber side down!

Thank you for your help with this HDLuckyLady!

Two questions.

1. I have been adding my items to Google+ as I list them on eBid and another place I sell. Is there anything further I could do to increase the traffic or get more people to follow it? Does it really help?

2. When I am entering in the international shipping on a new listing, I have been using the international package option. Is that solely for boxes or does it include things like padded mailer envelopes? Does that mean I may be charging too much for international shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by amcer93 View Post
    Two questions.

1. I have been adding my items to Google+ as I list them on eBid and another place I sell. Is there anything further I could do to increase the traffic or get more people to follow it? Does it really help?

2. When I am entering in the international shipping on a new listing, I have been using the international package option. Is that solely for boxes or does it include things like padded mailer envelopes? Does that mean I may be charging too much for international shipping?
    1. You can also post to facebook, twitter, pinterest.
    On Google+ are you following others that have similar interests?
    2. Padded envelopes are packages according to USPS. USPS prices are based on envelope/letter ... forget how thin the measurement ... but it's pretty thin or package.
    Last edited by hurryb4itsgone; 3rd February 2015 at 08:56 PM.

I was actually thinking of making a Facebook page for my things. Believe it or not, I have never used Twitter or Pintrest. I must be one of the few people my age that doesn't.

In terms of following others, I have not come across other pages of eBid sellers. If I followed them would they follow me back as common courtesy or something? How would that improve traffic and bring sales?

I figured a padded envelope was considered a package. I wasn't sure if selecting the package option was presenting a higher then necessary postage price.

I was actually thinking of making a Facebook page for my things. Believe it or not, I have never used Twitter or Pintrest. I must be one of the few people my age that doesn't.

In terms of following others, I have not come across other pages of eBid sellers. If I followed them would they follow me back as common courtesy or something? How would that improve traffic and bring sales?

I figured a padded envelope was considered a package. I wasn't sure if selecting the package option was presenting a higher then necessary postage price.

Actually, I don't use Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter. You can also post to the eBid community on Google +

There are many eBid sellers on Google+, but they probably already know about you. The focus is to get the name out there and I think it is of more value to follow non-eBidders ... though I do follow a number of eBidders, also.
    Last edited by hurryb4itsgone; 3rd February 2015 at 08:56 PM.

Great! I know that adding more items will also help, though I will be returning to school in a couple days and will be putting my stores on vacation mode. If I come back for a weekend or during Spring Break I'll try to list more things.

Well I am back home for spring break after about five weeks or so being away at school, so I hope to get some things listed while I am back.

One question I have regarding my Google+ page is about hashtags. I notice on a few of the listings Google added one while the others didn't. Do these hashtags have any benefit? Do they help buyers find them? Should I add them to all my Google+ listings?

Well I am back home for spring break after about five weeks or so being away at school, so I hope to get some things listed while I am back.

One question I have regarding my Google+ page is about hashtags. I notice on a few of the listings Google added one while the others didn't. Do these hashtags have any benefit? Do they help buyers find them? Should I add them to all my Google+ listings?
    Wecome back! Hashtags are used when people do a general search on Google+. So if you put #chevrolet and someone searches for chevrolet your posts will come up. If you don't use hashtags your postings will usually only be found if someone goes to your page or the page where you posted.

Okay. I'll be sure to add as many as I can to my Google+ listings. Hopefully I get my first sale and get many more after.

Thread Information