eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How NOT to sell on eBid....

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How NOT to sell on eBid....

Have you considered moving this to the Selling, Starting Auctions & eBid Stores forum? There it would get pushed out of view by new threads/posts far less quickly. Also, probably more the place people would look for such info.

BTW... the above forum should say Starting Listings - not auctions.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Have you considered moving this to the Selling, Starting Auctions & eBid Stores forum? There it would get pushed out of view by new threads/posts far less quickly. Also, probably more the place people would look for such info.

I hadn't thought of that but I've done it now. Thanks for thinking of it.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

He does have some good ideas - at times

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

oh good not going mad

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...n-reason/page4
    28th December 2014, 11:17 PM

Great minds are said to think alike (makes a change for mine ;-))
    Our general listings page - anything that you may have seen elsewhere, that is not yet listed, happy to set up the listing :-)
    ✓Over *600 listings*

Shops under construction...
    Send a Sixpence - for almost any occasion...
    Something for the Season - Many unique gifts for all seasons, Bonfire Night to Thanksgiving...
    Post a Penny - for almost any occasion...
    YDC listings... here

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EmpHolisticGifts View Post
    Great minds are said to think alike...
    They also go on to say that 'fools seldom differ'.

I think I paid attention....maybe.....errr

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Say WHAT?!?!?

Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    All-About sarasparkleshine
    View sarasparkleshine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the giggle - still learning but I will try my best not to attempt to sell my items in the manner described above!
    Hi, I'm sarasparkleshine and I sell beautiful, affordable fashion jewellery - please check out my listings!

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post

1. Don't fill in your All About Me page..... Tell prospective Buyers absolutely nothing about yourself. Don't let them think you are a human being who cares and is trying to help them as best you can. You're just a faceless "thing" - Buyers love that.

Having said that, should you decide to take the plunge & give Buyers a chance to get to know you a little bit ~ do remember the "little bit". Buyers don't want your full life history or a version of War and Peace! (thanks, sucadot)

2. Do list your items as RUS - Run Until Sold items stay at the bottom of the viewings lists.... brilliant, you can have your goodies all to yourself ~ FOREVER!

3. Don't open a Store - your items will enjoy floating about the eBid ether with thousands of other similar items.

4. Don't bother to change listing titles in any way thus making sure you have lots of duplicates - guaranteed to get them deleted. See 2 ~ and remember FOREVER.

5. Don't advertise your items in the Plug Forum AT ALL.... after all, all Forum members are Sellers and Sellers don't BUY do they? Anyway, Buyers don't read the Forums do they?

6. Have loads of references to eBay in your listings, with live links, and contact details - then eBid will remove them all and your descriptions will read like gobble-de-gook..... nice one!

7. Don't go to any trouble to properly describe your item - don't even bother to put what it is in your title.... Buyers will love trying to fathom it all out.

8. Ignore the HELP Button (top right) and don't read up any FAQ's or see any How To video's - or ask Forum members for advice (and then don't take it - after all, what do the seasoned Sellers on the Forum know? Thanks, sidthelamp) - just assume every online auction site works the same as everywhere else.
    Well you drive your automatic car in exactly the same way as you did your manual one don't you? A car is a car, right?

9. Don't waste time thinking of suitable keywords in your titles so that the search engines can bring you loads more potential customers - the search engines will be glad of less work to do.

10. Leave the Item Specifics section in the listing form totally blank - guaranteed to make sure you won't get any Buyers from Google Shopping.

11. Don't bother putting up decent pictures of your items - out of focus will do just fine. Take really dark fuzzy pictures against a highly patterned background. This is particularly recommended if the item is itself patterned. (thanks squern). Don't bother rotating your pictures so that your item is shown upright - ALL Buyers have a 90 degree bend (to either side as appropriate) in their necks. Do remember to upload upside down pictures of your items - this will be especially appreciated by the Australian Buyers who can't see your items anyway 'cos you don't ship to Australia. That's the Oz Buyers fixed.

12. Make sure your eBid items are dearer to buy than anywhere else - even though the fees on eBid are less - guaranteed to make Buyers go elsewhere.

13. Remember to thoroughly rip potential Customers off by charging exorbitant postage fees.... enjoy your extra free time gazing at your unsold items (gained by not bothering to properly weigh & calculate proper costs).

14. Don't offer ANY of your items overseas..... Buyers only live in your Country anyway and if there are any outside of it they won't be able to see them so you're safe there.

15. Do remember to set a ridiculously high Reserve price and an equally ridiculously low bid start price on your items ~ Buyers have loads of time to waste and just love the frustration of repeatedly being told they haven't won your item.

16. While obeying 1-15, don't list lots of varied items to attract more Buyers - list just ONE expensive item for a week or so and then get upset when it doesn't sell. (thanks, Madelaine) ~ or come to the forums, say you can't sell and demand your money back (thanks, Maelbrigda).

17. Do remember to set your auction run time for at least a month or more ~ it's a well known fact that Buyers don't want items NOW or in the near future.

18. Don't worry about categories - stick all your stuff anywhere you feel like. (thanks, Madelaine). For example, Buyers will obviously look for Egg Cups in an Electronics category and, of course, eBid will delete listings wrongly categorised anyway so, either way, you get to keep your Egg Cups (or whatever) FOREVER.

19. Prospective buyers actually only want to see a Camera Icon instead of a Gallery picture when they are browsing. So what ever you do, do NOT waste your time and money supplying a thumb nail picture. (thanks, MPS16)

20. Only check your listings and e-mails once a month - Buyers are quite happy to wait that long while you send an invoice and ignore your eBid e-mails. (thanks squern)

and so on, ad infinitum and ad nauseum..... but you get the gist?

More "tips" on the next post if you would like to read on...

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Due a bump.

Thread Information