Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: My First Sale...it's different but getting there

Default My First Sale...it's different but getting there

Woop woop.

Now as expected the first sale brings up a process that I haven't encountered before, I have to admit it was a bit of a sit back and work out what was where and how to do what, when and where, but I managed to find out what was where, and gradually what to do when and where, with a few "How the Gidddy Duck does that work?".

So in summary of what happens after you sell something, for those who say "It's not the same" well correct, but it is reasonably logical, so long as you look around and read.

Could it be better? Well that answer is always "Yes" ....is it terrible? "No" that would be unjustified. I think a fair comment is "Yes it's OK", and I am sure after a few more sales I'll be saying "Oh it is so simple".

Janners

Default Re: My First Sale...it's different but getting there

Congratulations, may it be the first of many !

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jannersmugs View Post
    Woop woop.

Now as expected the first sale brings up a process that I haven't encountered before, I have to admit it was a bit of a sit back and work out what was where and how to do what, when and where......

Could it be better? Well that answer is always "Yes" ...
    In what way?

This is a serious question as to me the actions available to complete a sale seem very logical, and more importantly very flexible if one uses the options available on the ASL drop down menu.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View lakeleilani's Feedback (+434)
    All-About lakeleilani
    View lakeleilani's Listings
    Forum Posts

Congratulations on your first sale. I expect the process will get easier for you as you get more used to it.
    http://lake-leilani.ebid.net Fair Trade Clothes and accessories with a boho twist. For men, women and children.
    http://lake-leilani-occasions.ebid.net Handcrafted Cards and Fair Trade Gift Wrap.
    http://lake-leilani-gifts.ebid.net Fair Trade and Handcrafted gifts, incense and homeware.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    In what way?

This is a serious question as to me the actions available to complete a sale seem very logical, and more importantly very flexible if one uses the options available on the ASL drop down menu.
    It's very congested. I am looking to send invoices and answer questions, whilst all my dashboard options are down the side, and newly listed items at the bottom.

ASL .... who is that? OK I have now worked out what that is but, it's not intuitive.

The layout would have been fine 5 years ago. My 10 year old walks around iphones, tablets etc with ease, because they are just intuitive. She would not work out eBid. You may say "ahhh but it's not for 10 year olds"....OK but a lot of adults struggle with reading and writing.

My initial thoughts, and I re-iterate my point of "It's not bad".

It is fair to say that I would think once I have used it half a dozen times it will become blindingly obvious.

Hope that helps.

Janners

Well done Janners! The first of many I'm sure !

I agree the ASL could be better, it can be fairly time consuming, especially if you have a few sales at the same time

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jannersmugs View Post
    Woop woop.

Now as expected the first sale brings up a process that I haven't encountered before, I have to admit it was a bit of a sit back and work out what was where and how to do what, when and where, but I managed to find out what was where, and gradually what to do when and where, with a few "How the Gidddy Duck does that work?".

So in summary of what happens after you sell something, for those who say "It's not the same" well correct, but it is reasonably logical, so long as you look around and read.

Could it be better? Well that answer is always "Yes" ....is it terrible? "No" that would be unjustified. I think a fair comment is "Yes it's OK", and I am sure after a few more sales I'll be saying "Oh it is so simple".

Janners
    Let us know what you had problems with, what the confusing parts were and how you think it could be improved.

Any input gratefully received.

Thx,
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Hi Gazza
    make it "clean".

You need to keep the advertising at the top as I guess it brings in revenue, but when on my dashboard I don't need new listings or recently viewed flapping around at the bottom.

What's with the how small can we make the text in the ASL? It is rather diminutive.

I am not a website designer...so I can only suggest little things. But hope they help.

Janners

Thread Information