eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Categories

Default Categories

Hi
    Any chance of having store categories go 3 deep - root>sub category> sub of sub category?

as an example: root - US Currency
    sub category - Federal Reserve Notes
    sub of sub category - $1.00 Note

Thanks for considering this
    Last edited by dutchman48; 10th January 2015 at 09:05 PM. Reason: clarification - not eBid but store categories

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Categories

Quote Originally Posted by dutchman48 View Post
    Hi
    Any chance of having categories go 3 deep - root>sub category> sub of sub category?

sub of sub category - $1.00 Note

Thanks for considering this
    The best way to approach the eBid site is to take advantage of what it currently offers.

You are a Seller + account holder with 5 free shops. So you could have a shop Titled US Currency with a

category of Federal Reserve Notes
    sub category $1 00 Note.

Simple.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Hi Thanks for the reply.
    I want to keep all my currency in one shop. I intend to open another shop for tokens, coins, stamps and miscellaneous. which will be my 5 shops.

Coins will have the same issues - US coins, dollars, Morgans, etc. I can't just keep opening a store for every denomination of currency or coins.

Hence 3 deep would solve almost all of those issue.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE = Dutchman48]Hi
    Any chance of having categories go 3 deep - root>sub category> sub of sub category?

sub of sub category - $1.00 Note[QUOTE]

Hi Thanks for the reply.
    I want to keep all my currency in one shop. I intend to open another shop for tokens, coins, stamps and miscellaneous. which will be my 5 shops.

Coins will have the same issues - US coins, dollars, Morgans, etc. I can't just keep opening a store for every denomination of currency or coins.

To satisfy your request, categories would have to go five deep not three
    Category Coins and Notes Sub Category Notes Third Sub-Category USA Fourth Sub-Category Federal Reserve Notes Fifth Sub-Category $1.00.
    To satisfy your request eBid would have to have a Main Headline category for each country whose currency on sale. I can't see eBid management agreeing to such a complex structure. We can't even get a separate Main Headline category for Postcards!!
    MP16's suggestion seems good to me. You don't have to open a new store for every denomination. You would have to set up a new sub-category within your coin store eg
    Store=Coins and Notes
    Parent Category=US Currency
    Sub-Category= Federal Reserve Notes ($1.00)
    =Federal Reserve Notes ($5.00) and so on.
    If you are absolutely sure that you will never sell anything other than US currency you could make your store "US Currency" giving you two lower subcategories.

Hi Thanks for the reply.

If memory serves me correctly (and I'm sure someone will tell us if not) Each store can have 100 Parent Category and 100 Subcategory’s within each Parent Category. Therefore you can have all Monies in one store.

Have a look at how others have done their store, not just coin dealers but also postcard & stamp Sellers. Hopefully that will give you some ideas, then get some paper and a pen and sit down and work out how you list your items within ebids "limitations" BEFORE you set up a store, it will save you some hassle in the long run . I'm sure you will get there in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    If memory serves me correctly (and I'm sure someone will tell us if not) Each store can have 100 Parent Category and 100 Subcategory’s within each Parent Category. Therefore you can have all Monies in one store.

Have a look at how others have done their store, not just coin dealers but also postcard & stamp Sellers. Hopefully that will give you some ideas, then get some paper and a pen and sit down and work out how you list your items within ebids "limitations" BEFORE you set up a store, it will save you some hassle in the long run . I'm sure you will get there in the end.
    After looking into this, it appears it does not make a great deal of difference as you can not use more than 1 store category per listing. You would have to set up a separate sub category for each possibility and list in that.

eg Parent - US Currency
    sub 1 - Federal Reserve Note - $1.00 - Star Note
    sub 2 - Federal Reserve Note - $1.00
    sub 3 - Federal Reserve Note - $5.00 - Star Note
    sub 4 - Federal Reserve Note - $5.00
    and so on

If you had a $1.00 non star note it would go into sub 2, if you had a $5.00 star note it would go into sub 4, and so on.

Makes for a lot of sub categories with still only 1 choice as only 1 store category could be used.

I wonder if eBid would ever consider adding a 2nd or even 3rd store category to be able to use as well as more than 1 sub deep.

I am fairly new as have not used eBid much and curious if this has been requested before?
    Last edited by dutchman48; 10th January 2015 at 05:20 PM.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

This thread belongs on this forum:

http://www.ebid.net/forums/forumdisp...ry-Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Hi
    I wasn't sure as I am not talking about eBid categories, but store categories. Does it still belong on the other thread? If so, how would I move this one or is it too late?

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Check your replies...

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Check your replies...
    Thank you and sent a further email

Thread Information