eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Underhand Tactics

Default Underhand Tactics

Hi all,

Yesterday I had an item sell on the Buy-It-Now option, I sell comics, and the buyer requested I send it to an address that wasn't theirs and to a different name.
    Now this buyer also sells comics, so I asked them to explain why the different address, and I gave them 24 hours to respond, which they didn't, so I refunded their payment.

Now my concerns are that this person, who has the exact same comic listed for sale, has possibly advertised the comic he tried to purchase on another auction site (to which they do exist as they use the same name and sell the same items as they do here), sold it, then purchased the one I was selling.

I don't mind someone buying my items and then selling them on if they dicide to, but what gets my goat is if they appear to have sold it before even having purchased it.

Would like your thoughts on this possibly unsavoury pactice.
    Jason

Default Re: Underhand Tactics

Maybe they lost it or damaged it, this has just happened to me, I sold a pattern on here , it got lost ( my fault ) I had to buy one on the other side and ask the seller to send it to a different name and address as in my customer on ebid, I hope the seller didn't think I was unsavoury.

Hi buttons-and-bows,

I never thought of that. Maybe that is what happened with them, but that still wouldn't explain why they have the same item up for sale at this moment (which they could have sent instead if it was a lost item).
    And I did give them time to reply.
    Oh well.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

If the buyer has paid the price you asked for why are you concerned about what they do with the item they have bought
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    If the buyer has paid the price you asked for why are you concerned about what they do with the item they have bought
    Ditto this. Though I don't personally buy items to resell them, I wouldn't have a problem with my buyers doing this, (heck once they buy the item and pay for it IMHO it's theirs to do what they please with, whether wear, gift, resell, eat, pin on the doggy, whatever).

Best wishes for many sales to all,

I am also a little confused here, but I do see a point of concern with sending to a different address. I shall explain.
    You buy to sell, fine, so do they, so if you get what you want for it all is good. If they can sell it with ever buying it...good business sense by them. So give them a round of applause.
    BUT if you send direct to their customer with your business details they have lost a customer and you have gained one. Bad business sense by them.

End result is you sell for the money you want and you gain a new customer, you were in a win win situation.

Just my thought, feel free to ignore me.

Janners

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jannersmugs View Post
    I am also a little confused here, but I do see a point of concern with sending to a different address. I shall explain.
    You buy to sell, fine, so do they, so if you get what you want for it all is good. If they can sell it with ever buying it...good business sense by them. So give them a round of applause.
    BUT if you send direct to their customer with your business details they have lost a customer and you have gained one. Bad business sense by them.

End result is you sell for the money you want and you gain a new customer, you were in a win win situation.

Just my thought, feel free to ignore me.

Janners
    most of the things stated by the OP is guesswork. There is no proof the buyer has asked for the item to be sent to another buyer. For all we know they may have wanted the item sent to their old mum as a present. Unlikely, maybe but as I said the OP is just guessing as to their buyers motives.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

To avoid this situation in the future, the op might want to include a line in their T&Cs that they will only send to the buyer's registered address.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps your buyer is using eBid as a dropshipper.

Madelaine had this happen back in December:

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...2C+dropshipper

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I too have in the past sold an item, couldn't find it and bought another to have sent straight to my buyer.
    As long as they pay the price you ask it shouldnt be a problem. As has been already said put a card in advertising your shop and you may gain a new buyer
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Thread Information