eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Help with editing

Forum Lurker
    View Cazamoran's Feedback (+24)
    All-About Cazamoran
    View Cazamoran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Help with editing

Hello I have been absent from ebid for a long time now but have decided to come back as the fees are astronomical on the other side nowadays Paid 16%of sales to them, without the PayPal fees. time to leave methinks! Anyway, upon my return I have decided the look of my listings need a revamp. I have entered the terms and conditions in the description area, but it's now out of date, how do I change and save the details that are displayed there automatically for each listing please? Also. I would like to have something a little 'prettier' as a visual in place of the boring appearance of the terms and conditions as they are at present. Can anyone help with some advice on how I would do that? I seem to remember that Auctiva provided some graphics in the past. If anyone can help with some advice, I would be grateful.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Icing
    View Icing's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Help with editing

Hi Cazamoran,
    I'm new here as of today. I was actually kicked out of Ebay because my photos were too pretty. Try picmonkey.com to edit your photos. You can then save them and just upload them the way you always do. If I can help you at all please let me know. So happy to help.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31499)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cazamoran View Post
    Hello I have been absent from ebid for a long time now but have decided to come back as the fees are astronomical on the other side nowadays Paid 16%of sales to them, without the PayPal fees. time to leave methinks! Anyway, upon my return I have decided the look of my listings need a revamp. I have entered the terms and conditions in the description area, but it's now out of date, how do I change and save the details that are displayed there automatically for each listing please? Also. I would like to have something a little 'prettier' as a visual in place of the boring appearance of the terms and conditions as they are at present. Can anyone help with some advice on how I would do that? I seem to remember that Auctiva provided some graphics in the past. If anyone can help with some advice, I would be grateful.
    I think that you could add more than just terms and conditions in the description area.
    For example, a large scale picture of your item might help some buyers,
    Also any specific details of your product that gives more information. I am interested in your thistle seeds, but where they are sourced, and when and how I should plant them is buyer information I would expect.

I have terms and conditions together with how to find other items in my store. It is standard for all items, and I add it as a piece of html code at the end of my specific description so it is independent of Ebid listings and I can make changes to 25000 listings at a stroke. The code I add is this formula:
    <object data="http://www.bhopkinson.co.uk/ebid/ebidterms.htm" height="1600" width="1150"></object>
    where http://www.bhopkinson.co.uk/ebid/ebidterms.htm is your terms and conditions saved somewhere on the web. Lots of free hosts that would support you producing a good looking webpage with a bit of design and graphics. Then when you have your specific description in Ebid, you click on plain HTML in choose editor, and add right at the end
    <object data="mywebpageurl" ></object> where mywebpageurl is the web address of your terms and conditions.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Lurker
    All-About Cazamoran
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icing View Post
    Hi Cazamoran,
    I'm new here as of today. I was actually kicked out of Ebay because my photos were too pretty. Try picmonkey.com to edit your photos. You can then save them and just upload them the way you always do. If I can help you at all please let me know. So happy to help.
    Hello Icing
    Wow, I would say that's difficult to believe but anything is possible with the other side nowadays. The stories are endless regarding their unfair treatment of sellers. Thank you so much for your offer that's very kind of you I'll take a pool at pic monkey and see what I can do I'm not that brilliant at this kind of thing, but if I put my mind to it, I should be able to come up with something hopefully. if not, I'll give you a call. Thanks again

Forum Lurker
    All-About Cazamoran
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsstamps View Post
    I think that you could add more than just terms and conditions in the description area.
    For example, a large scale picture of your item might help some buyers,
    Also any specific details of your product that gives more information. I am interested in your thistle seeds, but where they are sourced, and when and how I should plant them is buyer information I would expect.

I have terms and conditions together with how to find other items in my store. It is standard for all items, and I add it as a piece of html code at the end of my specific description so it is independent of Ebid listings and I can make changes to 25000 listings at a stroke. The code I add is this formula:
    <object data="http://www.bhopkinson.co.uk/ebid/ebidterms.htm" height="1600" width="1150"></object>
    where http://www.bhopkinson.co.uk/ebid/ebidterms.htm is your terms and conditions saved somewhere on the web. Lots of free hosts that would support you producing a good looking webpage with a bit of design and graphics. Then when you have your specific description in Ebid, you click on plain HTML in choose editor, and add right at the end
    <object data="mywebpageurl" ></object> where mywebpageurl is the web address of your terms and conditions.
    Hello Bill,
    Thank you for your help and for taking the time to look at my listings I have entered the details for planting of the seeds and can see why that's a good idea I usually print the details off and send with the seeds but I imagine that knowing ahead of time for some people would be a big help. I'm aiming to do a general tidy up of my listings now so that when I add items, the big work will be done I don't have huge amounts of time, but I do have lots of items to list. So prior planning is a necessity. Again, thank you for your advice, I appreciate it very much

Forum Lurker
    All-About Cazamoran
    Forum Posts

Sorry Bill The other thing I meant to say was that I was actually wanting to put a large photo of my item in the main body of my description, I have done it in the past when I first joined here, but can't remember how I did it. I think it's one of the big benefits of selling here as opposed to the other side, to be able to do that. I'm no computer wizard but I'm willing to learn! Thank you

I have entered the terms and conditions in the description area, but it's now out of date, how do I change and save the details that are displayed there automatically for each listing please? Also. I would like to have something a little 'prettier' as a visual in place of the boring appearance of the terms and conditions as they are at present. Can anyone help with some advice on how I would do that?
    Of you want to edit listings that are already posted, you can use the bulk editor. However since terms & conditions might need to be changed from time to time, I have a line in under the actual item listing that says "When you make a purchase, you are agreeing to my Selling Policies found Here" The word "here" is a clickable link that opens my All About Me page in a separate window. Then, when I need to make a change, I only have to go to my All About Me page and change it one time.

To save yourself time when listing, use "my Defaults" where you can create a page with all your basic info that will appear every time you want to list a new item. You can make several of these default listings if you require different basic information for some of the items you sell. I.E. I have one for New Listings and one for YDC.

If you are wanting some graphics for your store, one of our members - jeweleffects does web design for a reasonable price.

Happy Selling!

Shes

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry Bill The other thing I meant to say was that I was actually wanting to put a large photo of my item in the main body of my description, I have done it in the past when I first joined here, but can't remember how I did it. I think it's one of the big benefits of selling here as opposed to the other side, to be able to do that. I'm no computer wizard but I'm willing to learn! Thank you
    You can still add images to the body of your listing if you wish, but eBid now uses the original item images that you upload. That means if you add large images to your listing they will be displayed at the maximum size the viewers screen can handle. For an example see http://www.ebid.net/uk/for-sale/test...-153118361.htm and click on the image.

If you still want to go the 'in body' route then you need to say which editor type you are using to create your listing to get exact instructions.

Thread Information