Thread: Political Thread

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Political Thread

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Jamie Oliver says he will quit Britain if Boris Johnson becomes PM.

Sounds like a good enough reason to give the man the job.
    boris as ruled himnsen out
    so will it be may or grove

and jamie unfortunately stays
    Last edited by PATRIOT73; 30th June 2016 at 01:34 PM.
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

I have now come to the conclusion that I don't know what the hell is going on with the con's, labour, the EU, Scotland. all I can see is everyone arguing and fighting everywhere ( present company excluded from my last remark)

Forum Diehard
    View PetBazaar's Feedback (+41)
    All-About PetBazaar
    View PetBazaar's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I have now come to the conclusion that I don't know what the hell is going on with the con's, labour, the EU, Scotland. all I can see is everyone arguing and fighting everywhere ( present company excluded from my last remark)
    Allow me to clarify... Courtesy of a friend on Facebook this morning...

"So, let me get this straight... the leader of the opposition campaigned to stay but secretly wanted to leave, so his party held a non-binding vote to shame him into resigning so someone else could lead the campaign to ignore the result of the non-binding referendum which many people now think was just angry people trying to shame politicians into seeing they'd all done nothing to help them.

Meanwhile, the man who campaigned to leave because he hoped losing would help him win the leadership of his party, accidentally won and ruined any chance of leading because the man who thought he couldn't lose, did - but resigned before actually doing the thing the vote had been about. The man who'd always thought he'd lead next, campaigned so badly that everyone thought he was lying when he said the economy would crash - and he was, but it did, but he's not resigned, but, like the man who lost and the man who won, also now can't become leader. Which means the woman who quietly campaigned to stay but always said she wanted to leave is likely to become leader instead.

Which means she holds the same view as the leader of the opposition but for opposite reasons, but her party's view of this view is the opposite of the opposition's. And the opposition aren't yet opposing anything because the leader isn't listening to his party, who aren't listening to the country, who aren't listening to experts or possibly paying that much attention at all. However, none of their opponents actually want to be the one to do the thing that the vote was about, so there's not yet anything actually on the table to oppose anyway. And if no one ever does do the thing that most people asked them to do, it will be undemocratic and if any one ever does do it, it will be awful.

Clear?"

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PetBazaar View Post
    In fairness to your argument, we've got no one to blame but ourselves for our current situation.

The problem now is that in many areas the skills are gone, or we're no longer competitive. When the far east can make steel for peanuts no one is going to invest in a new state of the art steel mill. Our own environmental policies have probably killed off the coal industry too with a little bit of help from National Grid feed in tariffs.

It also doesn't help that folk who are meant to be talking the country up (or at the very least, not talking it down) regularly seem unable to do it. A prime example was during IndyRef 1 when there was discussion about warship building on the Clyde. Someone quite reasonably pointed out that there was no reason why the yards couldn't be used for commercial shipping given the will to do so. As a result there was a constant stream of media, politicians, and experts (who oddly, all seemed to have links to Labour/Tory/LibDem think tanks) going out of their way to explain why it couldn't be done. Anytime it was pointed out that Germany, Norway, and Italy had reasonably successful commercial shipbuilding they just sort of mumbled inaudibly and repeated the can't be done mantra.

Others are just too busy playing politics and shouting SNPBad at anyone who'll listen. A recent example of this being the new Queensferry Crossing over the Forth. Politicians and journalists were lining up to denounce the Scottish Government for the scandalous use of Chinese steel instead of Scottish Steel. It didn't occur to any of them that we don't make steel in Scotland any more. When this was pointed out it became a scandal that we weren't using Scottish companies for fabrication work. It seems that no one told them that not a single Scottish company had even bid.

As much as it pains me to say it, with folk like that making policy and setting the agenda, I can't see any hope for heavy industry in Scotland or the UK no matter who is in power.

il just have a chant about ship building

there is no excuse there are people around in the uk who can build ships and teach others how to build ships, exactly the same for the steel industry

as i said the downgrading of the uk is a hidden agenda, as you said germany, norway italy are building ships , you have to ask there all in the eu, why would certain politicians belittle scotlands ability to build? because there bought of by the eu there told who can do what were,

competitiveness, cost within reason is only one factor that sells ships,you supply your own steel reduces costs, you use a home grown work force trained to do the job, you complete targets on schedule, need i go on, theres lots of reasons why we could compete in any market,

whats happened over the last 40 years is we have been systematically dismantled , so it looks like its a impossible task to rebuild industry, the eu has ordered this , implemented by westminster and were ever your politicians hang out,it probably pans out like this, eu, ok you keep the square mile , we will take all industry, uk oh yes please, eu, we will do this over time so the grunts dont notice, uk oh what a jolly good idea, eu we will allow token farming with absolute control, uk you mean through SFP , EU YES we will even stop them driving tractors when its wet,

you get the picture , unfortunately for them the eu, the grunts have seen through it and voted so, now we need leadership to make the uk work again, no wonder there delaying article 50, there gonna have to work for a living and put this country back on its feet gain
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Place in need of decorating?

Plenty of whitewash should be going spare today.

Waiting with baited breath or do we already know what the outcome is in our heads.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Waiting with baited breath or do we already know what the outcome is in our heads.
    Haven't seen any of the report yet but expect blame will be spread so widely and thinly that no one person will be apportioned enough to have to answer for it.

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

http://www.lbc.co.uk/katie-hopkins-t...sa-may--133239

as much as we dislike ms hopkins she speaks her mind
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

gottatake yer hat of to blair hes says theres no excuses then spends two hours making excuses,

shame the report never touched on the real reason why they went to war,

they used the notion of chem weapons as a reason for war, now they say, oh the intel was wrong, but still the truth is hidden behind the cloud of chem weapons,

its more than a white wash its a cover up.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Thread Information