eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Accepting Skrill payments if selling domestic (US) only?

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Accepting Skrill payments if selling domestic (US) only?

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Hi, it was not Diceman that mentioned Nochex but me. If I remember correctly you charge if the the account is not used within a certain period. Also for reasons best known to yourselves you close accounts without warning if they are unused. That may be sensible to you, however we can't force folks to use a certain type of payment facility if they do not want to.
    Nochex edited their post content nearly 3 hours after posting it, this was the original...

Hello DiceWrangler

We do not charge when customers choose not to pay via Nochex. Our accounts do carry an inactivity fee of £15 per quarter after twelve months if you go three consecutive months without taking any payments.

Unfortunately we do not open U.S based accounts so I am afraid we will not be able to help. Best of luck with your decision, hope all goes well for you despite not being able to benefit from the wonderful Nochex solution
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poscar View Post
    Nochex edited their post content nearly 3 hours after posting it, this was the original...

Hello DiceWrangler

We do not charge when customers choose not to pay via Nochex. Our accounts do carry an inactivity fee of £15 per quarter after twelve months if you go three consecutive months without taking any payments.

Unfortunately we do not open U.S based accounts so I am afraid we will not be able to help. Best of luck with your decision, hope all goes well for you despite not being able to benefit from the wonderful Nochex solution
    Ouch!

Glad I read this thread as seeing I only have to log in once a year to make skrill free for me to use I have signed up. Perhaps if we all were to do that and offer skrill as an alternative we might get the ball rolling for people to use it as an alternative to Paypal. No harm in offering it and who knows what can happen.
    https://sew-much-to-see.ebid.net
    https://dellswear.ebid.net
    https://the-dolls-boutique.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mommabearsplace View Post
    Glad I read this thread as seeing I only have to log in once a year to make skrill free for me to use I have signed up. Perhaps if we all were to do that and offer skrill as an alternative we might get the ball rolling for people to use it as an alternative to Paypal. No harm in offering it and who knows what can happen.
    As usual, I think I may be getting confused here...

1. Skrill is indeed offered to USA as well as International Sellers and buyers.

2. Skrill is a good alternative to PayPal. (I hate to do it, but I 'assume' Skrill does not have a 6 month rental program for buyers' benefit).

3. Skrill posted twice saying they do not provide an account base in The USA, and another that they do.
    Skrill also posted that they do charge inactivity fees and then posted they do not.

4. Burgyeb replied, "ouch" and mamabearsplace wants to see it going here on Ebid.

Would the real Mr. Straight-talk please stand up and give the real skinny.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AddyGirl View Post
    As usual, I think I may be getting confused here...

1. Skrill is indeed offered to USA as well as International Sellers and buyers.

2. Skrill is a good alternative to PayPal. (I hate to do it, but I 'assume' Skrill does not have a 6 month rental program for buyers' benefit).

3. Skrill posted twice saying they do not provide an account base in The USA, and another that they do.
    Skrill also posted that they do charge inactivity fees and then posted they do not.

4. Burgyeb replied, "ouch" and mamabearsplace wants to see it going here on Ebid.

Would the real Mr. Straight-talk please stand up and give the real skinny.
    LOL! I would like to know as well

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Addygirl: It was not Skrill that posted on the thread, but Nochex - a British based company that only provide a service for British residents.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Okey-Dokey Smokey. Not being too familiar with these services, I "assumed" they were a joint venture.
    Egg looks good on me face.

Still though, my questions remain with them applied to Skrill. I'm hoping they do not have the 6 month rental thing, and logging in once a year is enough to keep charges away?!?!?!?!?!?

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AddyGirl View Post
    Okey-Dokey Smokey. Not being too familiar with these services, I "assumed" they were a joint venture.
    Egg looks good on me face.

Still though, my questions remain with them applied to Skrill. I'm hoping they do not have the 6 month rental thing, and logging in once a year is enough to keep charges away?!?!?!?!?!?
    I have never paid a charge for using Skrill and it is several months, if not a year or more, since anyone paid me using Skrill. I have, however, used Skrill to pay a seller.
    As far as I am aware, the 6 months (or 180 days to be accurate) time limit is a Paypal condition. I am not aware that its legality has ever been tested in a court of law.

Thank you, Tony.
    You bring up a very good point about legality.
    It seems PayPal/EEBEH must have a great deal of confidence and/or a good amount of weight behind them to impose this condition on sellers.
    We'll have to wait and see if there will be any lawsuits or class action suits in the future; it's too soon to prove if it may be an illegal one.
    In the meantime, looking for alternatives. Thanks again!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I have never paid a charge for using Skrill and it is several months, if not a year or more, since anyone paid me using Skrill. I have, however, used Skrill to pay a seller.
    As far as I am aware, the 6 months (or 180 days to be accurate) time limit is a Paypal condition. I am not aware that its legality has ever been tested in a court of law.
    I'm totally confused now. Are you saying that Paypal will charge a seller some sort of fee if they have not received a payment from a buyer or myself using it to pay for something within 6 months?

I thought Paypal has imposed a new rule which they allow a buyer a grace period of 6 months whereby they can return an item for a full refund.

Thread Information