Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How to delete an Invoice that has been marked as Paid so it can be re-sent?

Default How to delete an Invoice that has been marked as Paid so it can be re-sent?

Hi all,
    I have a snag resulting from when I sent an invoice for multiple purchases, I adjusted the P&P discount for Recorded delivery after selecting "Recorded Delivery" from the drop-down menu on the invoice.
    This I did not realise is then still applied to both sets of Postage options.

Now my snag is that I have refunded the buyers payment (mutualy), tried to delete the invoice so I can send a new one. However it keeps taking me to the invoice (with Paid on it) and 3 options -
    Print Invoice
    Mark all as Shipped
    Mark all as Refunded
    I have tried 11 times now to "Mark as Refunded", but it always takes me back to the invoice page.
    I have been in contact with the "Help - Contact Us", who suggested I mark as "Payment dispute" (messaged Buyer to ignore this if it sent any emails to them), so I did that, but it hasn't helped.
    Each item now no longer has the "Paid" button in green, but I still cannot send an invoice as it always takes me back to the "Invoice Paid" page.

Has anyone else had this snag, and if so, how did they sort it.

Thanks, Jason

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How to delete an Invoice that has been marked as Paid so it can be re-sent?

I haven't had this particular problem but I did have a problem once (can't remember what it was) and I just sent an invoice from PayPal and then marked it as paid on the ASL when the funds cleared.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How to delete an Invoice that has been marked as Paid so it can be re-sent?

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a snag resulting from when I sent an invoice for multiple purchases, I adjusted the P&P discount for Recorded delivery after selecting "Recorded Delivery" from the drop-down menu on the invoice.
    This I did not realise is then still applied to both sets of Postage options.

Now my snag is that I have refunded the buyers payment (mutualy), tried to delete the invoice so I can send a new one. However it keeps taking me to the invoice (with Paid on it) and 3 options -
    Print Invoice
    Mark all as Shipped
    Mark all as Refunded
    I have tried 11 times now to "Mark as Refunded", but it always takes me back to the invoice page.
    I have been in contact with the "Help - Contact Us", who suggested I mark as "Payment dispute" (messaged Buyer to ignore this if it sent any emails to them), so I did that, but it hasn't helped.
    Each item now no longer has the "Paid" button in green, but I still cannot send an invoice as it always takes me back to the "Invoice Paid" page.

Has anyone else had this snag, and if so, how did they sort it.

Thanks, Jason
    if you have refunded the buyer your P should go orange rather than stay green, until it goes orange you cannot send another combined invoice.

You could always send your buyer a paypal invoice
    Last edited by purplestevie; 18th January 2015 at 06:12 PM.

Wow!

I would get back onto support - that is not an acceptable answer under any circumstances, it is a potentially damaging one!

To send a new invoice the original one has to be deleted. So, if each item no longer has the paid P in green, then go to one of those individual listings on the invoice and see if 'delete invoice' is available from the drop down box.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Wow!

To send a new invoice the original one has to be deleted. So, if each item no longer has the paid P in green, then go to one of those individual listings on the invoice and see if 'delete invoice' is available from the drop down box.
    Althought there is no longer a green for P paid, and the drop down box still contains 'delete invoice', every time I select it it takes me to the invoice which still says Paid. And when I select 'mark all as Refunded' and put reason in ASL box, it takes me straight back to the invoice page again.

So the solution the Buyer and Myself have come up with is for me to cancel the items and re-list them (without pictures - so no extra fvf) at a set time.

And yes, I replied to the 'Support' saying their suggestion didn't work.

Althought there is no longer a green for P paid, and the drop down box still contains 'delete invoice', every time I select it it takes me to the invoice which still says Paid. And when I select 'mark all as Refunded' and put reason in ASL box, it takes me straight back to the invoice page again.

So the solution the Buyer and Myself have come up with is for me to cancel the items and re-list them (without pictures - so no extra fvf) at a set time.

And yes, I replied to the 'Support' saying their suggestion didn't work.

Ah I see, everything is going around in a loop. At least you have a buyer who is communicating with you and therefore have a solution. If it was a new to eBid buyer then it could have turned into a bit of nightmare.

That is something support need to look at. There have been some tweaks in the way that refunds are recorded on the ASL over the last few months (good tweaks) but the process you describe indicates a problem which needs to be addressed.

Yes, kept being an endless loop.
    Relisted items and sale has now gone smoothly (may not be much money), and communication is always good.

Yes, kept being an endless loop.
    Relisted items and sale has now gone smoothly (may not be much money), and communication is always good.
    Excellent - well done on the sales....

And, never being one to miss an opportunity .........

I see you have put another 250 items with Comic in the title...... Just remember that even though the one's that sell may not have comic in the title, the keyword comic being in titles will allow more buyers to find your shop and have a look around. So your shop now has another 250 doors that have been opened for buyers to come in and browse through your shop, and upon looking around some will make a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Excellent - well done on the sales....

And, never being one to miss an opportunity .........

I see you have put another 250 items with Comic in the title...... Just remember that even though the one's that sell may not have comic in the title, the keyword comic being in titles will allow more buyers to find your shop and have a look around. So your shop now has another 250 doors that have been opened for buyers to come in and browse through your shop, and upon looking around some will make a purchase.
    Thank you.
    I took the advice about adding in 'Comic' with the listings.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well Done.

Thread Information