My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Information wanted

Default Information wanted

Hi i have just joined and a request has come through asking for documentation. i scanned a driving licence and passport which has been accepted, but they now want a utility bill, however these are in the name of my partner, will a copy of my credit card be accepted.....also when went to ebay to put in the unique code the ABOUT ME page is no longer in use with ebay.......should i print out ascreen shot and scan that through..cheers joe

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Information wanted

Quote Originally Posted by honestjerseyjoe View Post
    Hi i have just joined and a request has come through asking for documentation. i scanned a driving licence and passport which has been accepted, but they now want a utility bill, however these are in the name of my partner, will a copy of my credit card be accepted.....also when went to ebay to put in the unique code the ABOUT ME page is no longer in use with ebay.......should i print out ascreen shot and scan that through..cheers joe
    Hi Joe, Welcome to eBid and the Forum! Great to have you aboard.
    Just email the guys in Support and they'll let you know what to do.
    Real humans they are too! Not bots!

support@ebid.net

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

.....also when went to ebay to put in the unique code the ABOUT ME page is no longer in use with ebay......
    Follow the instructions on this post,it does work.

Mel's posted pics later in that thread.
    Last edited by bluebedouin; 2nd February 2015 at 05:33 PM.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

What Cheaver and Blue said; if you don't have the required ID docs but have others, I don't see why they wouldn't be accepted. If you have any questions, do contact support: support@ebid.net they're always glad to help new and established members and are real people, as Cheaver said, and not bots. Oh and they're fast, too, they've always answered my queries in a timely and helpful fashion.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    Follow the instructions on this post,it does work.

Mel's posted pics later in that thread.
    Hi Bluebedouin,,,,,I think its worked, will let you know thank you

I have to ask.......

Your location is Devon on eBid, your items are listed on the bay with the location as Jersey?

I know that you are new and you have been sorting out your account, so just a few friendly words of advice once you have all that sorted out.

If you have an item with a starting price on the bay at £300.00 no reserve and a price on eBid at £350.00 with a reserve then the item is more likely to sell over there - costing you much more money in FVF etc... (and buyers really hate reserve prices)

Keywords are so important on eBid:

So your title: Chuck Jones Meter Leader

That title doesn't really reach out to anyone searching.

Warner Bros COA Hand Signed Print (to name a few) are all keywords that you can add to the title to gain more exposure.

You have another listing title as: Queen Mother (I think I will let that one rest in peace)

The keywords in titles need to explain exactly what the item is to try and match with the keywords people are searching for both on site and off site.

Good luck.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    I have to ask.......

Your location is Devon on eBid, your items are listed on the bay with the location as Jersey?

I know that you are new and you have been sorting out your account, so just a few friendly words of advice once you have all that sorted out.

If you have an item with a starting price on the bay at £300.00 no reserve and a price on eBid at £350.00 with a reserve then the item is more likely to sell over there - costing you much more money in FVF etc... (and buyers really hate reserve prices)

Keywords are so important on eBid:

So your title: Chuck Jones Meter Leader

That title doesn't really reach out to anyone searching.

Warner Bros COA Hand Signed Print (to name a few) are all keywords that you can add to the title to gain more exposure.

You have another listing title as: Queen Mother (I think I will let that one rest in peace)

The keywords in titles need to explain exactly what the item is to try and match with the keywords people are searching for both on site and off site.

Good luck.
    Once again, someone doesn't understand the true benefits of listing on eBid and making sure they make the sale here on eBid. *sigh*

Hi, many thanks for your advice, will happily take it on board, and review my listing.....I need to change my location as Jersey did not show up on the list, but will look at it later,.....once again thank you,,,,this is the first place I ve been in where other sellers help you.....I think I will enjoy the time here,,,,,,,If I open a bid shop can do I have to use my name or can I put the Charity name up...cheers
    Joe

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, many thanks for your advice, will happily take it on board, and review my listing.....I need to change my location as Jersey did not show up on the list, but will look at it later,.....once again thank you,,,,this is the first place I ve been in where other sellers help you.....I think I will enjoy the time here,,,,,,,If I open a bid shop can do I have to use my name or can I put the Charity name up...cheers
    Joe
    You can name your shop whatever you like, as long as it is available

Thread Information