eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Immediate Payment

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Immediate Payment

I would like to see an offering that says Immrdiate Payment...
    So, would one of the sellers here on eBid post here a URL for one of your listings that require Immediate Payment..
    What about combined shipping from the buyer, if buyer buys more than one different item.
    This site does Not explain the subject very well... and support is a carousel, that avoids question.
    I say blue they think purple.

Immediate Payment needs work.. like, how do you apply it when you relist auctions from your closed auctios that did not originally have Immediate payment. These are to tough to get an answer from ebid support.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Immediate Payment

RIP is currently set in My eBid > My Defaults

It has 3 settings.

It can be set to OFF, ON for all your buyers or ON for only new buyers

Our FAQ is here, http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#62 , let us know which aspects you are unsure about and we will improve the FAQ for it to cover these.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

All-About FBNeNotes
    Forum Posts

1- How do you apply it when you relist auctions from your closed auctions that did not originally have Immediate payment.
    2- How can I edit an active auction to 'make' it Immediate payment.

I would like the above two questions answered(clearly).

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    1- How do you apply it when you relist auctions from your closed auctions that did not originally have Immediate payment.
    2- How can I edit an active auction to 'make' it Immediate payment.

I would like the above two questions answered(clearly).
    FBNeNotes,
    From what I understand you must set it to on in your My eBid > My Defaults & it will then be applied to all of your listings.
    At this point in time you can not use require immediate payment on certain listings, it's all or nothing.

eBid really needs to add a box that can be ticked on the listing form for RIP instead of having a setting in My eBid > My Defaults, that way the seller could use the RIP feature only on the listings that they wanted.

All-About FBNeNotes
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    FBNeNotes,
    From what I understand you must set it to on in your My eBid > My Defaults & it will then be applied to all of your listings.
    At this point in time you can not use require immediate payment on certain listings, it's all or nothing.

eBid really needs to add a box that can be ticked on the listing form for RIP instead of having a setting in My eBid > My Defaults, that way the seller could use the RIP feature only on the listings that they wanted.
    Exactly..... it is so minor league the way it is now, basically useless.
    Thanks.

I still would like to ""see""-view some current listings here with Immediate Payment... most likely under 0.05% have them.
    Last edited by FBNeNotes; 29th January 2015 at 11:15 AM.

All-About FBNeNotes
    Forum Posts

How would the seller apply Combined shipping... it seems impossible. I mean buyer has 30 minutes to pay... and how does seller give buyer an Invoice? seems impossible.
    Me thinks it needs alot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    How would the seller apply Combined shipping... it seems impossible. I mean buyer has 30 minutes to pay... and how does seller give buyer an Invoice? seems impossible.
    Me thinks it needs alot of work.
    If a seller is likely to get multiple sales then it is not something that they should be using. It really only should be used by very few sellers - for example: those who sell expensive phones or high end electronics where there is likely to be just one purchase made rather than multiples.

The problem is that it is getting used by sellers who shouldn't be going anywhere near it. As per the thread http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...e-buyer-please

In that thread 5 sales were lost, but that was only known about because the buyer had requested an invoice - there could well be instances where a seller is losing 100's sales by using RIP. As most buyers don't request an invoice (they wait for one) then the sales would be cancelled and the seller would not know anything about it - the buyer just goes elsewhere to purchase.

I agree with HaleysComics - a better system would have been on individual listings rather than all or nothing.

I just don't like the way RIP is being touted as a cure for non-paying buyers for everyone - for the majority of sellers it will cost them sales if they use it. RIP is a cure for non-paying buyers in the same way that a headache can be cured with a guillotine.

All-About FBNeNotes
    Forum Posts

Yep... I agree. That is why I asked about editing and the relisting of auctions.
    Best way is for seller to Pick and Choose.
    I sell many for $5.00-!0.00 each, and also buyer will buy a few above $20.00. I offer from $1.00 up to $900.00 per item.
    It is useless to me as it is now.

The real solution to "immediate pay" would be a shopping cart system option so a buyer can browse and shop, add items to cart (which are not actually removed from seller's listings until they go to checkout, at which time a check is made to ensure that quantity requested remains available) - Sellers could enable the "Add To Cart" button for their listings in combination with "immediate pay" - a buyer may buy 10 items from 3 different sellers, they'd, as it stands, have to checkout 10 times.. with a cart, they can check out just 3 times (3 carts for 3 sellers with immediate pay enabled)

Sellers *WITHOUT* immediate pay option would not be able to enable cart either (Add To Cart would require immediate pay option)
    SO sellers with items that it makes sense to have a cart, and immediate pay, would be able to do so, while sellers who opted not to offer it, can do business as usual.

It'd take a bit of work, methinks, but would probably work much better for those wanting the immediate payment requirement enabled.
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

All-About FBNeNotes
    Forum Posts

We NEED pick and choose.
    I see one NPB today.. hit many sellers here on eBid. So far that NPB has 30 Negatives....

Thread Information