Thread: Immediate Payment

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Immediate Payment

it seems a strange dilemma....what i mean is ...to be concerned that there are too many site users (mostly newly registered) who seem to find it impossible to make good a commitment to "buy it now".....to me buy it now means pay for it now....and receive it as soon as possible.
    With this said...Ebid to their credit, do provide a solution, and it is that upon a "buyer", committing to buy, they're required to make or arrange immediate payment...as a seller you send an invoice.....day 2 you send a reminder, day 3 you send another reminder, and then just to cover yourself you can send one more.
    From this point Ebid require you as a seller oi leave negative feedback and report the ID in question as a non payer, from there as long as it falls within the 3 day timescale the drop down menu shows you the option to reclaim your final value fee back in relation to the failed sale.

Lastly you can then relist the offending item and i always add the user ID to "my Blackball"....its that straightforward.

Relying on this approach means that there's no problem relating to a genuine buyer being put under undue pressure to complete a payment in a short time.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    ...as a seller you send an invoice.....day 2 you send a reminder, day 3 you send another reminder......

Relying on this approach means that there's no problem relating to a genuine buyer being put under undue pressure to complete a payment in a short time.
    Do you not really think that an invoice and two payment reminders sent on three consecutive days is unreasonable.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

personally...i do believe that it seems slightly excessive and i'd like to take a more relaxed approach in cases where i believe that theres a reasonable chance of payment being received.

Ebid on the other hand have different ideas and they inform me that the necessary reminders along with a non paying bidder report must be made within 3 days of the buy it now tab being pressed....if this isn't done then the ability to recoup the final fees in relation to the failed sale cannot be re credited to you....so you may by all means allow a non payment case to drag on for as long as you wish in the hope that the payment materialises....but in the event of payment not being forthcoming you as the seller will be expected to absorb these.

personally...i do believe that it seems slightly excessive and i'd like to take a more relaxed approach in cases where i believe that theres a reasonable chance of payment being received.

Ebid on the other hand have different ideas and they inform me that the necessary reminders along with a non paying bidder report must be made within 3 days of the buy it now tab being pressed....if this isn't done then the ability to recoup the final fees in relation to the failed sale cannot be re credited to you....so you may by all means allow a non payment case to drag on for as long as you wish in the hope that the payment materialises....but in the event of payment not being forthcoming you as the seller will be expected to absorb these.
    Is this a change in their policy? It's been a long time since I've had a NPB, but I have always followed their rules . . . a reminder after three days, another three days after that, three days later mark as NPB. I always had my FVF refunded when I did this, and that's nine days after the Buy Now button was pushed.

That isn't the case. It was not so long ago that you were defending leaving a neg for a buyer for non payment after 36 hours. A seller should give as much time as possible to give the sale every chance to go through.

Whilst RIP shouldn't be used by many, I would personally hope that you are using it, that would save a lot buyers receiving negs.

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

The week before last i "had a sale"....where payment didn't materialise....so, i decided on this occasion i wouldn't jump the gun and bombard the "buyer" with reminders etc.
    I let the situation run for 10 days, and at this point decided to send the necessary reminders so that i'd be able to report the ID as a non payment case and from her reclaim the fees.
    Unfortunately, i couldn't see the option to reclaim fvf's in the drop down menu and decided that perhaps by cancelling the sale the option may reappear. After doing this....what was achieved was that the feedback that i'd left had been deleted. I contacted Ebid support abd to their credit they replied in a very short space of time explaining to me that in order to reclaim the fvf's it was necessary for me as a seller to send the required number of payment reminders, then, report the "buyer" ID as a non payer, then the fvf's could be refunded....the main condition to receive credit on the fee element is that all of this must be done within 3 days of the "sale" taking place.

It seems that while it is entirely up to a seller to decide when a buyer should be asked to pay for any item that they commit to buy ...Ebid will deem the sale to be successful , and fvf's charged unless you tell them differently within the first 3 day period...otherwise you as a seller will be left with a non paying "buyer" and the fees to pay.

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    That isn't the case. It was not so long ago that you were defending leaving a neg for a buyer for non payment after 36 hours. A seller should give as much time as possible to give the sale every chance to go through.

Whilst RIP shouldn't be used by many, I would personally hope that you are using it, that would save a lot buyers receiving negs.
    Of course i was defending leaving a negative for a non payer within a 36 hour period...i mean....the errant buyer ID had made a commitment to "buy it now", and had blatantly refused to make the necessary payment. They were sitting at a computer/device perfectly able to press the "buy it now" tab....yet or some reason simply couldn't continue to the Paypal screen.....why on earth not?.......perhaps the term timewaster may be a fitting one to apply?.

Yes...while i felt that it was reasonable to leave a negative for a non paying "buyer" after 36 hours...on this most recent occasion i decided that perhaps there was no need to rush to hit the red dot and just let them take their time to make the payment...besides i had actually reflected upon the horror that you had expressed at my actions that could drive these precious buyers away from Ebid, and always one to wonder if i can be proved wrong i let the matter rest.
    However....it was clear that here was one more timewaster or messer and i wasn't able to let them take as long as they believed that it was reasonable to let me wait without making contact....so there you are ......there's something new to learn every day.

Anyway......getting back to the point under discussion....on Saturday i needed to contact Ebid regarding a 10 day old non payment case where my option to reclaim the fvf's from the drop down menu wasn't showing and as already explained....it seems that all non payment procedures ned to be carried out within the first 3 days if the "sale" taking place....so while you tell me that i am wrong ...i've seen for myself and been informed by Ebid support that what i describe isn't a figment of my imagination,.

"you will have the option to claim back you final value fees 3 days a sale has been made. You must have left negative or neutral feedback for the buyer and reported the bidder as a NPB (non paying bidder), then you will see the option Refund final fee in the drop down menu. Reclaimed fees are credited to your Ebid account"

This is the word explanation that Ebid support sent to me on Saturday....now....unless i misunderstand what they're saying....i'm not sure that its wise to allow a non payment case to pass the 3 day point....assuming that you may want to receive credit on your fvf's.
    Last edited by cerealmunkee; 3rd February 2015 at 07:55 PM. Reason: More information.

Of course i was defending leaving a negative for a non payer within a 36 hour period...i mean....the errant buyer ID had made a commitment to "buy it now", and had blatantly refused to make the necessary payment. They were sitting at a computer/device perfectly able to press the "buy it now" tab....yet or some reason simply couldn't continue to the Paypal screen.....why on earth not?.......perhaps the term timewaster may be a fitting one to apply?.

Yes...while i felt that it was reasonable to leave a negative for a non paying "buyer" after 36 hours...on this most recent occasion i decided that perhaps there was no need to rush to hit the red dot and just let them take their time to make the payment...besides i had actually reflected upon the horror that you had expressed at my actions that could drive these precious buyers away from Ebid, and always one to wonder if i can be proved wrong i let the matter rest.
    However....it was clear that here was one more timewaster or messer and i wasn't able to let them take as long as they believed that it was reasonable to let me wait without making contact....so there you are ......there's something new to learn every day.

Anyway......getting back to the point under discussion....on Saturday i needed to contact Ebid regarding a 10 day old non payment case where my option to reclaim the fvf's from the drop down menu wasn't showing and as already explained....it seems that all non payment procedures ned to be carried out within the first 3 days if the "sale" taking place....so while you tell me that i am wrong ...i've seen for myself and been informed by Ebid support that what i describe isn't a figment of my imagination,.

"you will have the option to claim back you final value fees 3 days a sale has been made. You must have left negative or neutral feedback for the buyer and reported the bidder as a NPB (non paying bidder), then you will see the option Refund final fee in the drop down menu. Reclaimed fees are credited to your Ebid account"

This is the word explanation that Ebid support sent to me on Saturday....now....unless i misunderstand what they're saying....i'm not sure that its wise to allow a non payment case to pass the 3 day point....assuming that you may want to receive credit on your fvf's.
    I think you have clearly misunderstood the response you had. That is certainly not the case.

So why are you not using the 'require instant payment' ??? You want the buyer to pay immediately - so use the damn thing. Whilst I hate the require instant payment it is applicable to some - you.

It seems that there are sellers using RIP who shouldn't be and losing sales and the sellers who should definitely use it are not!

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

I thought at the time that the response sent to me directly from Ebid support was pretty clear....now though ....i'm not so certain....after you inform me that i have clearly misunderstood what i've been told.

Sure enough i would like buyers to pay immediately, but there times when for example they may request a invoice and a time delay may come about, if i'm not mistaken i believe this can be one downside to using RIP. For those "buyers", who refuse to pay, then as Ebid kindly informed me then there is a clear procedure for all sellers to follow in order to deal with them.

Unfortunately...because you haven't clearly outlined the areas in which i have made my misunderstanding.....i'm unfortunately none th wiser....but on reflection their response seems more than straightforward.

My reasons for not (yet) choosing to use RIP, is that in the event of a genuine buyer deciding to purchase multiple items ...which does happen from time to time, i offer the benefit of drastically (in most cases and where applicable) reducing shipping costs, and to use RIP may place these buyers at a financial disadvantage......i'm not going to make it harder for real buyers to secure the best deal just because a few timewasters have made phantom purchases.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

.....Unfortunately...because you haven't clearly outlined the areas in which i have made my misunderstanding.....i'm unfortunately none th wiser....but on reflection their response seems more than straightforward.....
    If I understand correctly this is what eBid said to you.

The significant word is "Option"

Thus I understand the statement is just telling you the shortest time that needs to have passed before you can claim your Final Valuation Fees back because of a non paying buyer.

It does not appear to state that there is a maximum time to complete the process.
    Last edited by MPS16; 3rd February 2015 at 11:35 PM.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Thread Information