Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parcel2go customers be careful

Default Parcel2go customers be careful

It can be more expensive booking through parcel2go than direct with courier.

Here is why

0-1 kg myhermes parcel shop: £2.34 inc vat but has no insurance as standard, cost of insurance ranges from 25p + vat (for £5 value) to £1.00 + vat (£20 value)

On myhermes, if you book direct you get £50 worth of cover as standard for just £2.78

I took this up with parcel2go and was told "it is what it is"

This is the area on parcel2go that tells you what the cover is and what the extra cover cost. https://www.parcel2go.com/help-centre/answer/60

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Parcel2go customers be careful

Good info - thanks!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

i always book direct with myHermes as the courier is around my area nearly every day delivering/picking up.

Never used Parcel2go, but thanks for the info.

I use Parcel2go for most of my larger parcels. You get a basic £20 cover for all parcels, but if you claim you actually get the couriers rate. I have has 3 claims in total including 2 where I have received £30, and they give an extra 5% if you take the claim as credit on your account. In addition if use them on a regular basis and pay in £100 a time you get a 5% bonus.

On the insurance front I rarely pay the extra, I am sure that over the years I would have paid £100's more than I would have got back on claims.

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I use Parcel2go for most of my larger parcels. You get a basic £20 cover for all parcels, but if you claim you actually get the couriers rate. I have has 3 claims in total including 2 where I have received £30, and they give an extra 5% if you take the claim as credit on your account. In addition if use them on a regular basis and pay in £100 a time you get a 5% bonus.

On the insurance front I rarely pay the extra, I am sure that over the years I would have paid £100's more than I would have got back on claims.
    This is not correct now and when I posted this thread.
    Parcel shop compensation
    On parcels weighing less than 1kg, there is no compensation cover included in the price of this service although you can buy extra compensation to a maximum of £1,000 during the order process if you wish. In the event of loss or damage, we will, of course, refund the cost of carriage providing you can demonstrate that the parcel was adequately packaged.
    On parcels weighing more than 1kg, there is £10 compensation included in the cost of carriage but you can increase this during the order process to a maximum of £1,000.
    Myhermes collection through parcel2go for all weights
    For a parcel of value £20, with included compensation of £10.00, you would pay £0.50 excluding VAT to fully compensate your item
    Others service have less compensation included compared to booking direct or through paypal

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Its incredible. It seems as if everyone is taking services and goods/products away. Compensation is shrinking along with the sizes of products in the shops.
    P2G have basically removed all loss compensation for small parcels, mind you only a few items ever qualified for compensation anyway. Have you seen their exemption list?
    Goods in the supermarkets are getting smaller, even butterkist have knocked 20g out of their microwave popcorn and have you seen the size of a "Frys Turkish Delight"?
    If we were to try any of this malarkey we would be in deep do doo's.
    Last edited by kazeran; 5th March 2015 at 09:50 PM.

I go direct to the courier (whichever i'm using - usually for large sized parcels, MyHermes) and the only one i've had a problem with is Royal Mail.
    As for insurance, call me strange, but I don't think it should even be asked for.
    Why, you ask.
    Well, if i've paid for a service to deliver an item, then it should be up to the courier/delivery to deliver it in the same condition upon which I handed it over (securely/sufficiently packaged).
    Unfortunately, I have resorted to Insurance for a few items ever since a run in with Royal Mail "Losing" an expensive item, only for it to turn up 6 weeks later with an "Insufficient postage" label on it. And the reason for the Insufficient postage was due to the Postage sticker placed on at the Post Office had come off somewhere along the line.
    This cost me in Postage/Insufficient Postage Fee/PayPal Fee/Feebay Fee.
    To me it seems like a company accepting responsability is a thing of the past.
    Anyway, that's just what I think and I know everyone has a different opinion.

Did you receive a Proof of Postage and a cash receipt at the counter?
    SPiKE'S Books

Enjoy Books!

Quote Originally Posted by spikesbooks23 View Post
    Did you receive a Proof of Postage and a cash receipt at the counter?
    Yes I did, however the maximum they would have compensated me for would have been a maximum of £20, while the item sent was £70.

Forum Newbie
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View FatSpider's Feedback (+193)
    All-About FatSpider
    View FatSpider's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    I go direct to the courier (whichever i'm using - usually for large sized parcels, MyHermes) and the only one i've had a problem with is Royal Mail.
    As for insurance, call me strange, but I don't think it should even be asked for.
    Why, you ask.
    Well, if i've paid for a service to deliver an item, then it should be up to the courier/delivery to deliver it in the same condition upon which I handed it over (securely/sufficiently packaged).
    Unfortunately, I have resorted to Insurance for a few items ever since a run in with Royal Mail "Losing" an expensive item, only for it to turn up 6 weeks later with an "Insufficient postage" label on it. And the reason for the Insufficient postage was due to the Postage sticker placed on at the Post Office had come off somewhere along the line.
    This cost me in Postage/Insufficient Postage Fee/PayPal Fee/Feebay Fee.
    To me it seems like a company accepting responsability is a thing of the past.
    Anyway, that's just what I think and I know everyone has a different opinion.
    Couriers are no different to your own business, they offer various services with varying levels of compensation and you pick the one most suitable for your needs, if your so keen on the idea of a "one price fits all" service then why not start the ball rolling by offering everything you sell yourself at the same price.

Thread Information