eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: 'not selling' red symbol

Forum Newbie
    View handyman123's Feedback (+404)
    All-About handyman123
    View handyman123's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default 'not selling' red symbol

I'm a newbie and do not understand the 'not selling' logo. Can potential buyers see it? What does it mean? And can I get rid of it? Thanks in advance!

Default Re: 'not selling' red symbol

my listing says the same thing has a red circle with x in it.how do i know if it's working or not?

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

The red symbol indicates that if the item in question is being listed within the auction format, then it has no bids (as of the time viewed)....obviously enough in the case of a listing being a buy it now then the red symbol indicates that the listing has not attracted a sale.
    If you have for example multiple quantities of items that feature within a single listing and for the sake of argument you list ten and sell one and have nine remaining to sell....then the symbol will change to green tick which indicates that the listing has/is making a sales/sales.

If you want to see if your listing is working or not ....then simply enter the relevant product description into Ebid's search box and see if your listing appears....if it doesn't then fine tune your listings key words until it appears.

You'll know when your listing is working correctly when it results in you being able to find it in the same fashion that the usual casual site user would,and of course, the appearance of a green tick will confirm that you've got it right.by making a sale....many sellers over here learn to live with their listings showing red crosses.....at the least..... in the hope that the odd green tick will appear....from time to time.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by handyman123 View Post
    I'm a newbie and do not understand the 'not selling' logo. Can potential buyers see it? What does it mean? And can I get rid of it? Thanks in advance!
    The "not selling logo"...isn't a real mystery.......it indicates that a listing hasn't attracted bids....if the listing is an auction .......and that if the listing is a buy it now has not resulted in a sale.

Potential buyers can't see this....although it is often questioned whether potential buyers who have yet to learn of Ebid's existence are able to see your listings.
    The only way to get of the dreaded red cross is to make the listing result in a sale and when this happens you'll see the red cross replaced by a much welcome green cross.....you can achieve this by listing decent quality and unusual items that feature in listings headed by strong keywords....well....you know the sort of thing....if you need assistance in making your Ebid listings more visible to the outside world then you could start a thread asking how to go about this and everyone can offer their views.....and no doubt..... a decent row will ensue.

Thread Information