Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: If only...

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default If only...

If only I was as morally bankrupt as this person I would likely have done a lot better in life.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-job-back.html

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: If only...

You were in a position where they give you money when leaving?

This looks like a typical example of the British press trying to sensationalise something with a spin that might not stand up to close scrutiny.

The lady’s pension scheme is her entitlement which will have been built up over a number of years. Within a pension scheme, UK pensions law allows a tax free lump sum to be taken out of the pension scheme once appropriate conditions have been met.

It would appear that this lady resigned from her job so that her pension could be activated. As part of that activation she night have withdrawn a tax free lump sum. That was her right and her money irrespective of what point in time she decided to take it and would not have involved any additional cost to her employer.

Having activated the pension scheme, she then decided to continue working - and to go back to work with her previous employer.

If my understanding of the situation is correct, then there has been no financial loss to her employer through this action and she has not broken any tax law. It is allowable in this country to be in receipt of occupational pensions payments whilst continuing to work. Whilst eyebrows might be raised at this situation, if people do not like it, then it is the pensions and tax laws that should be changed so that this kind of thing cannot happen again.

The article does not state the terms and conditions of rehiring of this person and whether a new pension scheme has been opened for this woman. Nor does it state whether part of the pension pot that she activated was made up of transfers of contributions from pensions schemes from previous employers.

More worrying is the loss of NHS money through the alleged paying off of whistle blowers.

The British press love to play the British public into thinking that they are being taken advantage of by spinning their exposes.

But I don't understand that westlondon as my O/H took his pension and he is only allowed to work a certain number of hours in government run schools before his pension would be affected. He couldn't take his full time post back and still keep all his pension. Is the national health pension different to teaching ?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    You were in a position where they give you money when leaving?
    Sort of. When I came out of the RAF they asked if I would be willing to come back and do the same job as a civilian. I couldn't sign on again and continue doing it (IT Operations Manager) as I had been working too long outside my trade, and I would have to go back onto aircraft. I would have picked up all my leaving benefits and pension and kept a nice job without all the carp that goes with service life. I chose to make a clean break though.

What I more meant was that if I had that moral bankruptcy where you don't care who you hurt, what people think of you, what damage you cause, or how corrupt you are, then life can be a lot better than that for Mr. Nice Guy. It certainly hasn't done Tony Blair* any harm.

* See he's back in the news again (and the Machiavellian Mandelson) and looking more like one of Satan's minions every day.

Thread Information