Thread: Vonz is in hospital

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Vonz is in hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I've been to Monkey World - lived on the Poole/Bournemouth border for many years.

Yvonne, you will love it and will fall in love with the those little/big apes and will want to take them home with you.

My suggestion is you look for flights to Bournemouth airport as Eastleigh is roughly 50 miles away from the venue. Or, maybe a coach as there are 6 of you.

It's been 12 years since I lived in Bournemouth so maybe Deanosaur1972 can suggest more options.
    Good Morning Everyone ......

I fell in love with Monkey World after watching "Monkey Business" on TV umpteen years ago.
    I think if I lived on the doorstep i'd be a season ticket holder .... or a volunteer!

Gill .... i've researched all the fight times from "up north" and Southampton is really the only option to get the most out of the day ... 1hr 20mins and no stops.
    Definately a people carrier too ... we want the independence of being able to have a mooch about en route to wherever we're going. And if we need to stop in a hurry ..... least said the better lol.

Things are plodding along with hospitals, tests and treatments ... but Monday was a particularly draining experience. Stuck in the hospital Medical Physics Dept. all day for a blood test every hour! I was eternally grateful when staff found me an empty treatment room, with a bed, so that I could lie down flat ... my back was breaking!

First visit yesterday from the District Nursing team - blood tests every week from now on in ... le sigh .... i'm like a pin cushion here with some lovely technicolor bruises to show for it lol. Next lot of chemo starts on 20th March. No hair loss yet and i'm not feeling too sicky either. Result!!

My bedsit is just about finished, clean curtains up today & i'm moving in.
    The family house move is planned for Sunday ...... that should be fun! (note to self - check the weather forcast).
    I'm just gonna try and stay out of the way ..... well maybe keep the kettle boiled iykwim.
    It's rather fortunate that the local pub does takeaway Sunday lunches though because I don't think anyone will have time to cook.

Of course, isn't it Sod's Law that business has gone absolutely crazy. Internet sales have shot up by about 250% (show season is just around the corner) and our shop is a constant customer stream. Needs must though and we now have a lovely, reliable new member of staff.
    I'm still having to keep out of the way - too many mucky rugs being brought in to be laundered!

Trying to keep some semblance of normality - i've got hundreds of sweet pea seeds soaking - these WILL be planted today.
    Although I will need to find a face mask before I go into the dusty greenhouse - goodness only knows what's lurking in there lol

Have a great day
    Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am glad you are not feeling too ill. I didn't and I was really hoping to loose some weight, so I was disappointed. Hope the move will go smoothly on Sunday and the delivered pub lunch sounds an excellent idea

My mum lost neither her hair nor her appetite throughout the whole process
    ... she used to get soup and sandwiches (they fed dad too) during her treatment,
    then they brought in fish suppers on the way home!
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Mental image of Vonz being addicted to needles by the time she's finished !

Great to hear the business is doing well and the family will be able to keep you in the lap of luxury while you relax, twiddle your thumbs, and get well !

View maplegin's Feedback (+1177)
    All-About maplegin
    View maplegin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad to hear that you are so orginised, glad the family will be able to be around for you, & sounds as though you will be well looked after, glad you are not loosing any hair yet, Hope the move goes well, with it being mothering Sunday a good day to have a take away Sunday dinner.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Has anyone heard from Vonz recently?

I notice her forum name has changed in a post in the Plug thread, but Vonz' name not there..

Vonz, please let us know how you are
    Last edited by Poscar; 23rd March 2015 at 09:11 AM.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Vonz, here's hoping you're doing well and you enjoyed your trip to Monkey World, that sounds like a blast, I just love primates, as long as they're in a good mood...

Name:  monkey shines.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  14.3 KB

Hugs and good thoughts,

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning Everyone!

I'm still here .... albeit with a new avatar & name change.

2nd round of chemo is all done & dusted now & I feel a bit wobbly at the knees???
    Still not too sickly but my hair is falling out now .... not in massive great clumps but definitely noticible.
    Am wondering if it's gonna be pure white when it comes back in lol.

No hospital appointments this week ... yayyyyyy, only District Nurses for blood on Wednesday.

Just as well I spend most days in my PJ's (they're the most comfortable) cos i've managed to put 2kg in weight ON!!
    I was kind of hoping that clothes would be getting rather "roomy", but oh no.
    I'll put it down to fluid retention ..... I don't seem to have any "ankles" any more ... le sigh.
    Pain is well under control and i'm managing with the minimum of opiates.

The family are now insitu .... and so far it's working ok (no teenage strops yet).
    Shelley's dog is also in residence but seems to have swapped his attachment onto me. Find me ... find the dog ...do they know??
    The house still looks as if a bomb's dropped, but hey ho, on the grand scheme of things, it's not that flamin' important!

Rightly or wrongly, i'm busy preparing myself mentally and physically for Thursday evening.
    We are booked in to be at a huge sale / fundraiser, and I AM going to be there! Plenty of bodies are going to do the lifting and carrying but I need to be able to drive the 60 mile round trip (no morhine that day!!)
    Hopefully I will come home with an empty van .... I generally do.

Business is still manic but Shelley is managing to keep it all on track ... even when a wagon turns up with 100+ bags of horse feed on a collapsed pallet & had to be hand balled off instead of using the forklift. Poor kid!!

I'll sign off now & try and sleep.
    Night all
    Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am glad you are still here

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yayyy! Good to hear from you Vonz.

You are one hell of a lady, keep the fight up, you will win!

Comfort is the way to go, that's my excuse these days too

Best of luck on Thursday evening,

Here's a song for you, you need to imagine each member of eBid singing the chorus to you.

A big warm hug from me.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Thread Information