Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thico mobile question

Default Re: Thico mobile question

I think so as well, I only want it for any emergency in the car. at this rate I will end up £100s of in credit. I thought you just bought a sim. put money on and that was it. I haven't got anyone to phone cause all my friend headed for the hills when I got ill..............nice people eh.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I think with my Virgin Media PAYG if you do not use the phone for three months then it deactivates and you have to top-up to reactivate it. Any amount that was there is still there + the top-up. Bit of a PITA as I only use it when travelling (which I do less and less of as the years pass).

I have a calendar event set to remind me to use it every few months.
    i think most companies do this. So many phones get lost or when stolen have their SIM cards thrown away they deactivate unused numbers so they can reissue them to new customers. If they didn't do this new numbers would just get impossibly long a lot quicker.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    i think most companies do this. So many phones get lost or when stolen have their SIM cards thrown away they deactivate unused numbers so they can reissue them to new customers. If they didn't do this new numbers would just get impossibly long a lot quicker.
    I had never heard of this. I'm glad that my two don't do it. (T Mobile & Tesco).

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    I had never heard of this. I'm glad that my two don't do it. (T Mobile & Tesco).

Maybe you should read their t&c Rule 6

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/..._v1_online.pdf

(c) You must make a connection action at least once every 180 days. If you do notyour SIM will be disconnected from the network and you will not be able to use theservice at all. You will lose your mobile phone number. Any credit on your accountat the time of such disconnection will be forfeited.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Maybe you should read their t&c Rule 6

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/..._v1_online.pdf

(c) You must make a connection action at least once every 180 days. If you do notyour SIM will be disconnected from the network and you will not be able to use theservice at all. You will lose your mobile phone number. Any credit on your accountat the time of such disconnection will be forfeited.
    ooooh thank you so much for posting this link...... I had absolutely no idea. My T Mobile phone is on it's last legs (had it forever it seems) so I might use up the credit then bin it since that's the case.

It's a good job you posted this thread Buttons!

I know, i now have to do 38 pounds worth of yapping, by the way make sure I have your correct moblie number if you are binning one as i have you down in my little book for Mike to contact just in case I get arrested and locked up or summat

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I think so as well, I only want it for any emergency in the car. at this rate I will end up £100s of in credit. I thought you just bought a sim. put money on and that was it. I haven't got anyone to phone cause all my friend headed for the hills when I got ill..............nice people eh.
    i bought a phone and sim card back in the late 90s as a pay as you go i still use the same sim card thats been through upteen phones and had long periods of not being used yet its still good to go, its in my new smart phone now, i dont use the phone for internet or all the other things it can do , it seems pay as you go has now a limited time period compared with my pay as you go,

my phone will ring 4 or 5 times then direct the caller to answer phone, 4 or 5 rings is not enough time to get the phone out of my inner zipped pocket and answer, its a con why cant the phone ring a sensible amount of times before going to answer phone, plus the number if the phone goes to answer phone is with held if the ringer does leave a message, if they dont bother to leave a answer phone message i can see the number as a missed call ,

so i dont add any credit to the phone its just for incoming calls and i tell people who have the number dont leave a answer phone message because i cant get to it and i wont know its you who has rung , just hang up when it goes to answer phone at your end
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

just as a heads up the cheapest way i have found to make phone calls is via SKYPE you talk to the screen and amazingly some one answers you back, includes mobile numbers too,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    I know, i now have to do 38 pounds worth of yapping, by the way make sure I have your correct moblie number if you are binning one as i have you down in my little book for Mike to contact just in case I get arrested and locked up or summat
    Sorry Buttons, only just seen this post. Will PM you.

Thread Information