Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Feedback - how long after auction to ask for it politely!

Forum Newbie
    View starion72's Feedback (+549)
    All-About starion72
    View starion72's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Feedback - how long after auction to ask for it politely!

If I hear nothing back from a buyer. Is it frowned upon to ask for feedback on here?

I noticed there was a request feedback button, so I assume it's ok to ask for it?

Though how long after the auction should you wait?

http://starion-stores.ebid.net/

Great range of phone accessories at special prices. We Ship Worldwide. Free UK Postage & packing on all products.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Feedback - how long after auction to ask for it politely!

I would never chase feedback. Your choice though. I think eBid sends a reminder after 30 days.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I would never chase feedback. Your choice though. I think eBid sends a reminder after 30 days.
    Ditto this. I leave positive fb for buyers when payment is received, some buyers return the favor, others don't, but as long as we're both good with the transaction, I consider it a positive.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Newbie
    View starion72's Feedback (+549)
    All-About starion72
    View starion72's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ok thanks for the replies

If EBID sends a custom reminder then all well and good!

On the other site I had loads of people not leaving feedback, but it can affect your star rating etc!

http://starion-stores.ebid.net/

Great range of phone accessories at special prices. We Ship Worldwide. Free UK Postage & packing on all products.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

I routinely request feedback (only once) if it's not given, & well after I estimate the shipment should have arrived.
    I leave feedback for the buyer as soon as they pay.
    If they choose not to leave me feedback after that, I drop the subject.
    It used to be that about 30% didn't leave feedback, but that number has risen sharply since I first joined, & would now be about the 50% plus mark I guesstimate?

Over the last 12 months my feedback to sales is 45.98% on eBid
    That is higher than I thought it was
    Over on eBay in the same period my feedback to sales is 64.07% which is lower than I thought
    On amazon, my feedback is 0% from quite a few sales

Quote Originally Posted by starion72 View Post
    If I hear nothing back from a buyer. Is it frowned upon to ask for feedback on here?

I noticed there was a request feedback button, so I assume it's ok to ask for it?

Though how long after the auction should you wait?
    I too click the FB Request button once but have found that if the buyer doesn't leave FB without the request they don't respond after the request either. Have sold ten items and have +six so 60% left FB. On TOS my FB is more like 90%, I don't know why there is that diference. I leave FB for the buyer when they have paid and have noticed that several buyers have had zero until then.

I have posted before about FB and sales and won't bore everyone by going over it all again but my sales have definitely increased as my FB score has gone up. But then again sales have gone up as my listings have increased in number so it could be "either/or".

At the end of the day it seems some buyers will leave FB and some won't. I usually click the request button about ten days after the sale, three/four days for delivery plus a week. After that I forget about it.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

FB here is different because new buyers on the whole come in from google, two clicks and its theres, most dont even know its a FB site, as and when that buyer returns and get familiar with the site so FB is returned, ebid send a FB reminder one month after the sale, i dont send my own FB reminder any more,

as the diversity increases on the site and buyers have a reason to return to buy of other sellers then they become more familiar with the site, they might try selling ect so the FB issue becomes very real to them,

what we are doing here is comparing the rate of FB on feebay , with lets say 90% left on feebay 50% left on ebid, its going to be a progression to achieve the same results, diversity, loyalty, and becoming a seller,

ive found a bigger % of over seas buyers leaving FB.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    FB here is different because new buyers on the whole come in from google, two clicks and its theres, most dont even know its a FB site, as and when that buyer returns and get familiar with the site so FB is returned, ebid send a FB reminder one month after the sale, i dont send my own FB reminder any more.
    Yes, I can see what you're saying makes a lot of sense. I came here from TOS so leaving FB was part of buying and selling for me when I arrived. Not so for buyers used to other sites and would explain the diference.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information