Thread: Shipping Options

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Shipping Options

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    Apparently it is not more expensive. I just sold a 24 pound item and eBid charged the buyer zero for shipping (even with a $1.00 handling fee).
    I was not aware that eBid decided the shipping price.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

The listing was set to calculated shipping for Standard Post at 24 pounds plus $1.00 handling fee. The buyer got an invoice to pay from eBid with zero added for shipping. Yeah, they set the price. It wasn't what I chose.
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

I'm trying to set options for domestic shipping within my country (New Zealand) and see only 7x options in the Ebid drop-down menu: "Not Known, Free Shipping, Standard Post, Fast Post, Registered Post, Other Courier (non next day), Collection in Person."

In my case what I'm selling is a "Courier only" item, and the courier fee will differ depending on what part of NZ the buyer lives in.

Unfortunately, the Ebid template appears to have no option to specify this. "Other Courier" (non next day) is not sufficient.

There should be a customized option in the template where the seller can enter their own description of the shipping method.

*bump*

Forum Newbie
    View jbsales222's Feedback (+217)
    All-About jbsales222
    View jbsales222's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TerrasMimi View Post
    In eBay one of the shipping options was Parcel Select. Why is this not offered on eBid? eBid offers Standard Post but I believe those rates are higher than Parcel Select.

Thanks
    I suspect this has to do with USPS limitations on this Commercial Parcel pricing. Note 1 at bottom of page 23 of USPS Price List Notice 123 for Parcel Select Non presort indicates "Must be part of a mailing of 50 pieces or 50 lbs unless PC Postage, part of a Parcel Select Mailing of at least 50 pieces, or a combined parcel mailing (see DMM 253.4.3)".

Forum Newbie
    All-About jbsales222
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    USPS did use the term Parcel Select on their website when they attempted to change the name of Standard Post over a year ago.

Parcel Select is Standard Post.

I guess the attempted name change caused too much confusion, so they are back to Standard Post.
    This entry is inaccurate information.

USPS changed "Parcel Post" to be "Standard Post". They still have "Parcel Select". It is under the Commercial section of their Notice 123 Price List (pages 20-22) which was issued January 17, 2016. To use it, you can not use USPS.COM nor a Post Office to purchase postage to ship with this service which may be why eBid does not offer it.

I checked PayPal and it is possible to purchase postage to ship "Parcel Select Ground" through them. And, I believe I did use this service in the middle of last year to ship something I sold which I had listed with "Free Shipping".

Quote Originally Posted by jbsales222 View Post
    This entry is inaccurate information.

USPS changed "Parcel Post" to be "Standard Post". They still have "Parcel Select". It is under the Commercial section of their Notice 123 Price List (pages 20-22) which was issued January 17, 2016. To use it, you can not use USPS.COM nor a Post Office to purchase postage to ship with this service which may be why eBid does not offer it.

I checked PayPal and it is possible to purchase postage to ship "Parcel Select Ground" through them. And, I believe I did use this service in the middle of last year to ship something I sold which I had listed with "Free Shipping".
    As of the date of my post, the information was accurate.

As of now: "Parcel Select Ground" was added as an
    USPS option with January 17, 2016 increase/updates. Prior to that, "Parcel Select" was available via USPS for a very short time. After that and before the most current update, "Parcel Select" was only available through sources other than the USPS.
    Last edited by hurryb4itsgone; 31st January 2016 at 01:26 AM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About jbsales222
    Forum Posts

As of the date of my post, the information was accurate.

As of now: "Parcel Select Ground" was added as an
    USPS option with January 17, 2016 increase/updates. Prior to that, "Parcel Select" was available via USPS for a very short time. After that and before the most current update, "Parcel Select" was only available through sources other than the USPS.
    Your original post was March 19, 2015, 04:05 PM That would fall under USPS Notice 123 Price List of September 7, 2014 as it was before their May 31, 2015 one. However, in checking again, I see Parcel Select is in both of these as Commercial shipping service.

Bottom line is that it is a variant of Standard Post which does have lower pricing for large businesses. And Standard Post is now Standard Post Ground.

Yes, they are the same service ... which I believe I indicated in a previous post.

And as I recall, USPS commercial shipping services are not available without qualification via USPS site/post office or through a service outside of USPS, like PayPal or stamps.com.

Forum Newbie
    All-About jbsales222
    Forum Posts

Yes, they are the same service ... which I believe I indicated in a previous post.

And as I recall, USPS commercial shipping services are not available without qualification via USPS site/post office or through a service outside of USPS, like PayPal or stamps.com.
    I would agree with that.

Of the businesses you mention, stamps.com does offer much lower shipping prices than PayPal though they also have a $15.99 monthly fee to use their service. In other words, one would likely need to be shipping quite a few packages (or several large and/or heavy packages) each month before using stamps.com would be more cost effective.

Thread Information