Thread: Does having a store give you more visability

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Does having a store give you more visability

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotec View Post
    I have a seller+ account on here for just over a month now but only listed about 10 items for most of that time. So far I have had no sales here and I can not understand it.

The amount of views to my listings is quite low compared to that other well known auction site. As that other site is a pain in the neck I would like to get most of my sales through this site. So I was wondering what I am doing wrong. Also would I get more visability if I opened a shop.

If anyone could look over my listings and give me any pointers I would be greatful.
    Think of comparitive exposure. If an item on Ebay gets 10 times as many views as on Ebid, then an answer could be to list 10 times as many items on Ebid to get the same comparitive exposure.
    Better still, list 100 times as many items on Ebid, because there are no listing fees, and get 10 times the exposure you would get on Ebay.

* I don't know whether the 10 times exposure is right, but if my guess is wrong, substitute the right number!
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Yes I agree that this site obviously has a lot less views at the moment and therefore more listing should help. I do intend putting quite a lot more listings on but can only do it as time allows. Thanks for the advice I do see the logic. I only have about 26 low value listings on that other site as I have feel it is too much of a risk for sellers now. I feel much more relaxed about trading through ebid.

I have noticed one thing since opening a shop yesterday on here, I have noticed that I have lost all my visability in google. Before opening the eBid shop if I typed alarm contacts into google you would see at least one of my ebid contacts listed near to the top of the first google page. I'm not sure if visability on google is that important as the google search results seem to mix other peoples images with your listings and vice versa.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this.

Click here to join ebid.
    http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/1551551

Ipswich - The Jewel Of The East -, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View squern's Feedback (+2196)
    All-About squern
    View squern's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not on the google question, but on this:

It's generally accepted that the more you list, the more you sell. And a variety of items will bring in buyers looking for different things.

So, if you sell things other than burglar alarm contacts (Burglar alarms, door chains, etc etc.) it would widen your scope.

Personally, I think the idea of viewers is overrated - only buyers really count. How many viewers does Marks & Spencer have in its shop windows? How many of them buy? I don't know, and I would think they don't either.

Just found out something interesting regarding visibility. I had uploaded 14 listings to eBid, they were visible under the google shopping link when you typed "alarm contacts" into google search. When I placed all 14 listings into my shop yesterday, they all disappeared from google shopping listings.

I thought it may be just some change that google had made. So earlier today I removed one of my listings from my shop, it's the one for 2 white surface contacts. I have just checked the google shopping link after searching google for alarm contacts. That listing is now 3rd from the top of google shopping for that search term.

This confirms to me that putting your items into your ebid store is hiding your listings from google for some reason. I'm not sure if anyone else has made this observation.

Click here to join ebid.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just found out something interesting regarding visibility. I had uploaded 14 listings to eBid, they were visible under the google shopping link when you typed "alarm contacts" into google search. When I placed all 14 listings into my shop yesterday, they all disappeared from google shopping listings.

I thought it may be just some change that google had made. So earlier today I removed one of my listings from my shop, it's the one for 2 white surface contacts. I have just checked the google shopping link after searching google for alarm contacts. That listing is now 3rd from the top of google shopping for that search term.

This confirms to me that putting your items into your ebid store is hiding your listings from google for some reason. I'm not sure if anyone else has made this observation.

run until sold is not a good idea not only do you remain at the bottom of search results the items dont refresh refreshed data gets a new upload. try 7-10 day listings with auto repost.

check all your listings via edit that the upload to google shopping bit is enabled .
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

that never happened to me, i have done the same search as yourself and get the same results, try doing what my above post suggests

Thanks Sid, I am trying your suggestion with the listing for one white surface contact.

I have set it to be listed for 10 days and relist 10 times. I will have a look on google tomorrow sometime to see if it becomes visible. I will report back here when I find out what happens.

Regards
    John

Click here to join ebid.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Thanks Sid, I am trying your suggestion with the listing for one white surface contact.

I have set it to be listed for 10 days and relist 10 times. I will have a look on google tomorrow sometime to see if it becomes visible. I will report back here when I find out what happens.

Regards

John

sounds good

Had a look earlier, and it has worked, that item now appears ninth from the top of the second page of google shopping for the search phrase alarm contacts. I have just edited the title of the listing to try and cover a few more common security related phrases.

I will change all my listings to 10 days relisting 10 times. You've all been a great help much appreciated. :-)

Click here to join ebid.

Thread Information