Thread: Deciding the Winner of the YDC Auctions

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Deciding the Winner of the YDC Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I know that the competition element has always been there, that adds to the fun of YDC
    What I do not agree with is having to use the word "competition" in the description as this has never been a rule change or voted on from what I can see on all the threads between my ending of organising the YDC and Vonz taking over the organisation of YDC

I agree that if the organiser wants to enforce the rules, that should be their choice, however only enforce the rules that are part of the YDC and only rule changes that have been voted on.

I do not see the need for the word competition and I will not use the word unless it is made compulsory to abide with the YDC.
    I have to agree with you Sarah. I've never used the word 'competition' and don't intend to.

I've been lisitng in the YDC since YDC56 and the phrase 'This is an entry into YDC----' has always been enough - and is what I use now via the YDC templates that I've obtained from other eBid / YDC sellers.

Just my tuppence worth.

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

For whatever reason 'competition' has been there in the rules since July 2010, even though those rules weren't always enforced in the past.

Our new coordinator has made it clear, and has given plenty of notice, that the rules as they stand will now be enforced. Otherwise what's the point of having rules?

What's the big deal - a quick copy & paste of the correct wording into my template and I'm all set ready to go.

(I'm glad I didn't apply for the job.)
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

In A Butterfly House, Essex, United Kingdom
    View emmily121's Feedback (+310)
    All-About emmily121
    View emmily121's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sucadot View Post
    For whatever reason 'competition' has been there in the rules since July 2010, even though those rules weren't always enforced in the past.

Our new coordinator has made it clear, and has given plenty of notice, that the rules as they stand will now be enforced. Otherwise what's the point of having rules?

What's the big deal - a quick copy & paste of the correct wording into my template and I'm all set ready to go.

(I'm glad I didn't apply for the job.)
    Name:  I agree.gif
Views: 70
Size:  4.1 KB

I use previous YDC listings as templates and repost changing the info that needs to be changed, the info that needs to be there is always there.

Honest, reliable seller looking for honest, reliable buyers.

Emmily's Pin Badges
    New and used pin badges

NAWT Charity Store
    Take a minute to take a look

End of the Rainbow
    Will you find treasure at the end of the rainbow.
    Cuddly puppies and kittens now available.

YDC Charity Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by sucadot View Post

The "big deal" to me is the following
    1) The new organiser wished to enforce the YDC rules in full, which is their choice, but to do so part of the YDC rules are that any changes be voted on by the YDC participants, the word competition has not had this happen.
    2) as the word competition has been added at the time of Vonz's takeover without said vote (which I was unaware of until I looked into this word being added, and when) then to me it is not part of the rules, and if it is going to be deemed part of the rules without a vote on the word competition...
    3) what is stopping the current or future organisers from adding words / rules without a vote as that is what seems to be happening

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry you see it as a 'big deal'. I have no issue with post 71.
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I feel that if new folk see the word competition it may make them less likely
    to bid
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    YDC (Your Donation Counts) is the monthly round of charity auctions on eBid.net.

YDC has two aspects.
    1. General fund-raising for good causes.
    2. Competition to win the right to select the next month's nominated charity.

The rules, therefore, also have two parts. The first part applies to all auctions which are to be part of YDC. The second part applies only to those auctions which are to be considered part of the competition.

If joining in with the YDC monthly charity auctions you must follow the rules in part one. If you would like a chance of winning the competition, you are required to also follow the rules in part two. If you do not wish to compete, you can ignore part 2.

Part One: Rules for All.

1. Auctions must run from the 24th to the 28th of the month.
    2. Auctions must be listed in the Your Donation Counts sub-category of the Charity Auctions category.
    3. Your items must be listed on eBid.net and must comply with all eBid's listing rules.
    4. Your auction(s) must be for a charity or good cause.
    5. YDC nnn (the number of the current YDC) must be included in the auction title.

Part Two: Rules for the Competition.

1. Auctions should have a start price of 99p or less (or local equivalent.) The website xe.com is a good place to check currency exchanges
    2. No item should have an expected value of more than £20.00 (or local equivalent). Higher value items are still welcome in YDC but should not be considered competition entries.
    3. No reserve or Buy Now price should be used, nor should any listing enhancements such as Featured.
    4. Make sure your end time on the 28th matches your start time on the 24th, so that your auction only runs for exactly four days - no extending from very early on the 24th to late on the 28th.
    5. Your auction(s) description must include the following text:
      This auction is an entry in the YDC nnn charity auction competition. All money raised by this auction will go to charity name.

Recommendations, Notes and Requests:

• You can list as many items as you wish.
    • You do not have to support the nominated charity. You are free to support any cause you wish.
    • Please try to offer your auctions to as many international destinations as possible for maximum YDC visibility.
    • Please do not charge more than cost price for shipping / postage.

Thread Information