Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Who Wants Tape?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd buy eBid tape & pay the shipping. (price dependent)

19 38.78%
  • No, keep current system!

0 0%
  • Have both options!

30 61.22%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Official eBid tape - Don't understand Please explain!

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Official eBid tape - Don't understand Please explain!

Quote Originally Posted by AddyGirl View Post
    All of these ideas sounds good!

I'd like stickers - to put on mailers, to cover EEEEE-BEH-BEH when I use PayPal postage, and to go with my EHHHHHHTSEEEEEE sales. We need some advertising here in The USA: Sunday Games Day TV or Radio spots. Costly, I know - but just putting' it out there.

i always thought for some reason maybe something i read on the forum here ebid USA was at a disadvantage because there was no google shopping there , but i just looked at the google feeds to the world, thats shopping feeds,and this is what it says,

Google Shopping UK:
    – Products must be listed in English.
    – Product landing pages must be in English.
    – Product prices must be listed in pounds sterling (GBP), including all applicable taxes and charges except shipping.
    Google Shopping US:
    – Product prices must be listed in US dollars (USD).

and it says the same for canada,

i just checked the googleshopping .com site and found one of your items there
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All of these ideas sounds good!

I'd like stickers - to put on mailers, to cover EEEEE-BEH-BEH when I use PayPal postage, and to go with my EHHHHHHTSEEEEEE sales. We need some advertising here in The USA: Sunday Games Day TV or Radio spots. Costly, I know - but just putting' it out there.
    I use stickers....look here:

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Post Re: Official eBid tape - Don't understand Please explain!

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i always thought for some reason maybe something i read on the forum here ebid USA was at a disadvantage because there was no google shopping there , but i just looked at the google feeds to the world, thats shopping feeds,and this is what it says,

Google Shopping UK:
    – Product prices must be listed in pounds sterling (GBP), including all applicable taxes and charges except shipping.
    Google Shopping US:
    – Product prices must be listed in US dollars (USD).

and it says the same for canada,

i just checked the googleshopping .com site and found one of your items there
    Yes - Google World Wide. The disadvantage is that in The USA, Americans (and, YES! NOT NAU!) don't know about EBID. I'd like to know where my views come from; that would be helpful. Funny: I did make one sale last week from someone, believe it or not, right in my own state of New York. I almost fell on the floor!
    Thanks to Google Shopping and having Computer Software as my sale: easy to look up and find me.

TOS has a big lead WW - that's just the way it is right now. Big advertising made it so. People complain about them, but they still sell there because sales are made and people go there first. Customers know TOS and PayPal together make for customers to abuse sellers, lest we forget the PayPal 6 month rental program applies no matter what site PayPal is used.

EBID is not as well known here, if at all. And shipping prices KILL SALES. It's also product, etc. These are the big problems. here.

One more point: at first landing, Ebid promotes itself by name and kind as an auction site. People don't really know about stores, at a glance. TOS changed that kind of 'LOOK' away from that to a more general, retail look. People always knew about their auctions, but now it looks more like a Sears Marketplace, rather than just an auction house.

Not criticising; just trying to look at EBID like a buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by cambrensis View Post
    GOT IT! Thank you, cambrensis! My ink is pricey - but I can print a sheet of them for 10¢ USD per page at our local library. Works for me.

I forgot all about Astral's Page. Don't shoot me!
    Last edited by AddyGirl; 27th March 2015 at 11:12 AM.

My ink is pricey
    I use a cheap Canon printer for this....but a set of cartridges would cost more than the printer, so I use refillable cartridges with a third party ink...the ink i use is German made and as good as or better spec than the Canon so I get no problems. Have used this ink for years. Set of Canon costs £50uk....set of 3rd party bottles costs £20 and enough ink there for 4 refills.

I do have other printers for different tasks of course, but that is what I use for run of the mill things.

Very interesting. We are running a Mac OS X with Yosemite, and an Epson printer. Cartridges are very expensive - I've been ripped off here in The USA by refilling through Office Max, a chain of Office Supply. Did not FILL! Used to have a PC some years ago and I refilled the carts myself - messy ,but cheap. Sounds like you have a very good deal.

Looking into a thermal Printer, but the initial expense + paper is pricey - I don't understand the savings, As well, I want one that will print postage labels from any site, and am still researching. [sigh]. Ink prices stink. I wonder about getting German cartridges similar to yours for my Epson. Do you have a link, or is it a local purchase for you?

Thanks.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Very interesting. We are running a Mac OS X with Yosemite, and an Epson printer. Cartridges are very expensive - I've been ripped off here in The USA by refilling through Office Max, a chain of Office Supply. Did not FILL! Used to have a PC some years ago and I refilled the carts myself - messy ,but cheap. Sounds like you have a very good deal.

Looking into a thermal Printer, but the initial expense + paper is pricey - I don't understand the savings, As well, I want one that will print postage labels from any site, and am still researching. [sigh]. Ink prices stink. I wonder about getting German cartridges similar to yours for my Epson. Do you have a link, or is it a local purchase for you?

Thanks.
    I hear ya, ink prices are bad here in NC, too, which is why I'm looking into getting a laser printer, my Mom and bro both have them and apparently the toner powder lasts for ages, (my biggest beef with ink jets is that the ink dries up if you don't print regularly). They used to be expensive, but not so much now, so it's good timing on my part.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thanks, Sue! Yes - I heard that from a guy who makes EEK-BEH videos on how to see. You tube. I'm glad to hear someone else mention it - gives me more incentive to start pricing.

Sorry about the dealy. I hads to go and do a few jobs around the place and I am not so quick "as I used to was". I've done a check and as I suspected the inks I was speaking of (OCP) are available in the YS, their offices being in Tennessee.

The most obvious dealer through a search appears to be here, but there are others so do a check:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtkpqwWdP7o
    http://www.rjettek.com/product-finder/
    http://www.manta.com/c/mtc6sbs/ocp-usa-inc

These inks are make and sometimes model specific, so do check for this. I use the syringe system and rather than use the original cartridges I use third party ones; they are Chinese made (but so are the originals) and chipped correctly and available from obvious sources. Do not make the mistake of "topping up" or the notification system goes awry. Wait until your printer informs you that there is no ink before refilling.

One of the links above is to youtube; the ink as supplied in the US is cheaper than here. I have never had a printer clog in use with this brand so although it is dearer than the "Made in China" ones, it is well worth it.

Thank you very much for your generous reply, cambrensis! I will certainly look to it this afternoon.
    Much appreciated!

Thread Information