Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Insurance

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Car Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    Insurers will no longer be able to charge different premiums to men and women because of their gender following a ruling by the European Court of Justice (ECJ).The industry was given time to prepare for the change, but the changes have now come into effect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12608777
    More idiocy. Insurers are not interested in gender but in risk. Offering a lower premium to a proven lower risk group such as women is no different to offering a lower premium to 50 year old vicars who only drive 2 miles to church and back on a Sunday.

If the premium for women has to be levelled with men then the total risk remains and has to be spread across the board. This will penalise those who present a lower risk to the insurers and benefit those who are a higher risk.

Default Re: Car Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Due to the untimely demise of my previous vehicle I needed another. Got one last week but managed to nurse the old one to the end of the month rather than paying a months tax for a few days. Used the comparison sites and while doing so on Compare the market (kids want a Meerkat) I got a reasonable quote for fully comprehensive, then had a look at third party, then refreshed the fully comprehensive quote to buy it. The results were:

9.43 am Fully Comprehensive - £268.53
    9.46 am Third Party - £366.97
    9.46 am Fully Comprehensive - £335.66

So Third Party was almost £100 more than Fully Comprehensive, then the Fully Comprehensive increased in price by over £67 in 3 minutes for the same insurer!

Forget the Meerkat, went to Confused.com and got insured for £267.96 and got a talking Brian robot, which might end up getting listed.
    Clear your cookies and try again, I guarantee it will go back to the old quote
    Fund Raiser For The Talbot Owners Club

All Profits From any Sales goes to fund the Talbot Owners Club ( Classic Motorhome )

Thread Information