Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: sold item but no responce from buyer

Default sold item but no responce from buyer

Hi all,
    this is a bit different, normally we would complain about non paying bidders, we sell printed edible icing cake toppers and in this instance we have sold a personalised topper and the buyer paid immediately, we immediatly messaged the buyer and asked them to send us the details of the name they wanted personalised and printed on the topper, but we didnt get a reply, we checked to see if they had left the message on paypal but no message there either, but we did find a personal email address on the PayPal so we emailed on there too, but still no reply,
    we have now sent a total of 2 messages and 6 nudges ad one email, but still no reply, the sale was on Mon 06 Apr 2015 21:56, its now the 13th Apr.
    this is what we tell people on our adverts/auction so they know the score

1) When paying via PayPal there is a small box that says "add message" - this is the easiest way as it matches the message to your order automatically (this option is not always available when using a mobile phone)

2) If you forget/miss the above option please send a message via eBid AFTER paying so I can match the items up with the order

Also if you would like the topper without any message please let us know.
    And don’t worry if you forget to leave your required message we will not post your topper, we will keep contacting you on a daily basis until we get hold of you to get the message you require printed on your topper from you, we have never let a customer down yet, we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction
    Please do not send me private emails as this cannot be tracked by eBid and may be missed!

So what do i do ?, we have tried everything to get this topper to the customer but they have paid and done a runner on us , ive probably answered my own question really and to just sit and wait,
    i have even looked up their real names on Facebook and tried directory inquiry's, but no joy there either
    in theory ide love more customers like this lol
    has this ever happened to anyone else ?
    and what did you do to resolve it
    Welcome to Occasions Occasions, please take a moment to browse our listings

Thanks for looking and enjoy your stay

>>>>>>>>Click here http://uk.ebid.net/items/occasions.occasion <<<<<<<<<

We are also on Facebook come check us out and add us as a friend, We don't bite
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Occas...1987647?ref=hl

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: sold item but no responce from buyer

Oh wow, that is odd, not your usual NPB. I wonder if something happened, like they went away unexpectedly or are in a hospital somewhere? Not trying to be a Nervous Nellie, but this does make me wonder.

Of course they could just be having puter issues, though with all the cellphones you can access the Internet with nowadays that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Do you by any chance have a phone number? Maybe you could call them and see what's up. If not, you might want to contact support support@ebid.net to see if they have phone info.; with something like this, if it were me, I'd definitely want to call.

Good luck, hope you hear something soon.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thanks for the reply seusjools i will contact ebid support as you suggest and try to get a phone number for the customer,
    it is very strange for someone to pay and disappear, as you say they may have technicle problems, the item they have bought would only be recognized and understood by someone who is into this specific genre of music that is printed on the topper, its from the oldskool hardcore uk rave music scene, so only a raver would know this, so i would guess the age range is somewhere around the 35 to 40 years old mark, so not people who are not great with modern technology,
    but as you say there could be any reason to the disappearance, lets just hope its not a serious one
    thanks again for your advice.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

You're most welcome. I don't know if support has phone numbers or not, just a thought, but I do know if you contact them they will try to assist.

I hope you get a good answer to this one soon.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just hang in there and wait for a response.

If their email addresses are with an ISP it is possible to contact them that way as the ISP will have a phone number. If they are using Yahoo or msn, then there is no chance. Another good reason for avoiding such addresses!

But my own instinct would be to say that you have done all you can reasonably be expected to do...so just wait it out.

Great news, the customer has finally replied to us through Ebid messaging with the details we needed so we can now personalise and ship their item out today
    Thank you for your advice everyone.....

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by occasions.occasion View Post
    Great news, the customer has finally replied to us through Ebid messaging with the details we needed so we can now personalise and ship their item out today
    Thank you for your advice everyone.....
    Fantastic!

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Glad it all worked out.

Thread Information