Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Why isn't my bid showing on the bid for item page?

Forum Newbie
    All-About bbartrug
    View bbartrug's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Why isn't my bid showing on the bid for item page?

I'm bidding on a book for a charity auction. I've bid three times in small increments trying to determine why my bid doesn't show up. I think I'm doing the right things when bidding. On the bid page for the item it still shows 10.50 as the winning bid, whereas my bid is currently 21.00. Do I have to enter a paypal account number and choose shipping? What gives?

Thank you,
    BAB

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Why isn't my bid showing on the bid for item page?

Quote Originally Posted by bbartrug View Post
    I'm bidding on a book for a charity auction. I've bid three times in small increments trying to determine why my bid doesn't show up. I think I'm doing the right things when bidding. On the bid page for the item it still shows 10.50 as the winning bid, whereas my bid is currently 21.00. Do I have to enter a paypal account number and choose shipping? What gives?

Thank you,
    BAB
    Can you let us have the auction number? That would help a lot.

and Welcome to the Forum! Great to see you here!

Forum Newbie
    All-About bbartrug
    View bbartrug's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not sure about the auction number but here's a link to the item page. Note it clearly states I am the highest bidder at $21.00, but the item bid price still shows 10.50.

http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/big-cats...-138219576.htm

Thanks!

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not sure about the auction number but here's a link to the item page. Note it clearly states I am the highest bidder at $21.00, but the item bid price still shows 10.50.

http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/big-cats...-138219576.htm

Thanks!
    The original bidder has only placed the one single bid..... you then placed your bid(s)... ie you have a proxy bid on at the moment.

The auction doesn't end for another week..... if no-one else bids then you will win the item at $10.50.

If someone else bids, then eBid will automatically increase your bid by one increment... and so on until all the bids you have made have been overtaken by a higher one than your current maximum.

Good Luck! Hope you win!

edit: the auction number can be found at the top of any listing underneath the eBid logo - in this case it is: 138219576

edit again: you don't do anything now until you see if you are either outbid (in which case it is your choice to bid more or not) or have won.
    Last edited by cheaver; 18th April 2015 at 03:44 PM.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you,
    BAB
    This will help you understand proxy bidding:
    http://us.ebid.net/help_bid.php#7

Forum Newbie
    All-About bbartrug
    View bbartrug's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    The original bidder has only placed the one single bid..... you then placed your bid(s)... ie you have a proxy bid on at the moment.

The auction doesn't end for another week..... if no-one else bids then you will win the item at $10.50.

If someone else bids, then eBid will automatically increase your bid by one increment... and so on until all the bids you have made have been overtaken by a higher one than your current maximum.

Good Luck! Hope you win!

edit: the auction number can be found at the top of any listing underneath the eBid logo - in this case it is: 138219576

edit again: you don't do anything now until you see if you are either outbid (in which case it is your choice to bid more or not) or have won.
    Thanks much! Two questions. 1.) Is there a way to tell I'm in a proxy bidding situation? 2.) This is a charity auction and at the end I would like to donate my bid ($21.00) to this charity. Is there a way I can do so? Other than just sending them the money through PayPal at the end of the auction.

Thanks again,
    BAB

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks much! Two questions. 1.) Is there a way to tell I'm in a proxy bidding situation? 2.) This is a charity auction and at the end I would like to donate my bid ($21.00) to this charity. Is there a way I can do so? Other than just sending them the money through PayPal at the end of the auction.

Thanks again,
    BAB
    Hi and welcome to the forums. Not sure about the proxy bidding, but at the bottom of the item page you can see the bid history. Also, if I recall correctly, eBid does send e mail notification of proxy bids made on your behalf (at least it sent them to me for YDC charity auction bids).

As Cheaver said, unless you get outbid (unlikely) you'll win for the first/lowest amount you bid. If you get outbid, eBid will send you a notification and you have the option to increase your bid or not.

Re: the charity donation, what a great thing to do, most commendable. After the auction ends, you'll get the seller's e mail details and Paypal info., you could then e mail the seller and let them know what you wish to do. If you want to contact the seller beforehand, you can use the Q&A at the bottom of the listing.

Good luck on your bid, hope you win. If you're interested in charity auctions, the YDC runs every month except December from the 24th to the 28th of the month, you can search ydc* to see available listings to bid on, or list an item yourself, if you're so inclined, everyone is welcome to participate and the monies raised go to good causes. You can check out the YDC section of the forum for more info. about YDC, or click here (announcement thread for the last YDC):

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...h-2015-Charity

Best wishes for many sales to all,

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks again,
    BAB
    Hi Bab, You are welcome!

re your questions:

1) proxy bidding ~ scroll down to the bottom left hand side of the auction and you will see the bidding history. (see pic below). To the right of your $10.50 bid is a red P in a circle. Hover your mouse over that red P on the actual listing itself and it will confirm that your bid is a proxy one.

Name:  bb.png
Views: 41
Size:  22.0 KB

2) You could pay the Seller for the item at whatever $$ the item finishes at and pay the balance to the Charity direct if you preferred to as an option? There is a link in the description area to go to the Charity donate page. (or click here)... Alternatively contact the Seller after the auction closes as suesjools suggests.

Name:  bb link.png
Views: 41
Size:  10.8 KB

Thread Information