Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Opinion needed please

View poppyrowan's Feedback (+127)
    All-About poppyrowan
    View poppyrowan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Opinion needed please

Hi... I have been knocking around for a few years now on and off...some of you may remember me?? If you get a minute, would anyone mind having a quick peep at my listings and tell me whether I have got it right? Thank you very much in advance :-)

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Opinion needed please

Look good to me, tho I didn't check them all. The Animal Guides book might do better with a tweak to the title. I would take out the period (full stop) and the P/B, and just type paperback. Not sure Google likes odd characters like the / in a title. And I personally am unfamiliar with P/B being short for paperback. Reminds me of PBJ. There are a lot of spaces available in a title....best to use them all, with details after you get all the main info in.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poppyrowan View Post
    Hi... I have been knocking around for a few years now on and off...some of you may remember me?? If you get a minute, would anyone mind having a quick peep at my listings and tell me whether I have got it right? Thank you very much in advance :-)
    I just had a quick look and got the following ideas which I hope won't offend. Intended to be helpful suggestions.....

Re your Book : Find Your Spirit Animals
    David Carson
    ISBN 190748678X
    Publisher: Watkins Publishing, 2011

Price: £6.87 including postage elsewhere ~ yours is more expensive.

Also, by not putting the ISBN number and the Publisher (Brand) in the Item Specifics section of the listing form this item is not showing as being uploaded to Google Shopping. (not on the listing form anyway, I mean).

I have great difficulty justifying signed for postage on low value items.... I certainly wouldn't pay it.
    eg £2.50 for 2nd signed for ~ for a pair of earrings?

Dreamcatcher - again, 1st class signed for a £3 item? Which could go letter rate at 90p (postage and packing costs)?

As I said, please don't be offended. Trying to help!

All-About poppyrowan
    Forum Posts

Oh trust me.... I appreciate any help passed my way! I will certainly look at the Animal Spirit Guide book in particular, but don't see how I can lower the price much further as I don't buy in bulk. I will re-think all of the postage too...that is something I was unsure of because of people saying they hadn't received the item, but I suppose that doesn't happen often to be fair.
    So, add the full description including the ISBN to the item specifics...noted :-)
    Reduce the postage costs as much as I can :-)
    Take the full stops out of the titles :-)
    Use 'paperback' rather than abbreviations :-)
    Thank you :-)

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

So glad you are not offended.

In my whole time here no-one has ever said that one of my items has never arrived. I always get a Proof of Postage and state that I have one when I mark as shipped in the ASL. Perhaps that would help alleviate your worries?

Handmade items - you need Exempt in the Barcode area for eBid to submit your items to Google Shopping.

For your book ~ "The Knight of the Cave - or the Quest of the Pallium" there is no ISBM (Printed 1906) so you will need to put Exempt in the Barcode Box. This book is a rarity and you have undervalued it (well, for what it's worth, I think so!)...... also, you will need to send this Signed for due to a)value and b) Royal Mail compensation to cover it's value should you need to claim it.

re your Animal book and anything else - I wouldn't buy if other folk can make a better profit than me! What's the point of stuff lying unsold on shelves 'cos no-one will buy at the price?

edit: another quick look =
    Sheet Music ~ eg Tower of Strength
    You need Chappell in the Brand box and the number 10396 in the Barcode box to get this item to Google Shopping.

Brand (Publisher) needed on 138406166.

edit again: titles.... more keywords = more potential customers for the search engines to find for you.....

eg your title: Hand made Sea Pottery Runes
    Could be:
    Runes Runic Alphabet Divination Tools Sea Pottery Hand Made

Last edited by cheaver; 23rd April 2015 at 09:37 AM.

All-About poppyrowan
    Forum Posts

It will take me a while, but I am spending time setting up default postage, so that I can do it easily rather than look it up individually each time, and will charge normal 2nd hand postage mainly.
    I will look at The Knight of the Cave again. I am scared of charging too much!! I will check the postage I have on that too.
    I see what you mean about the runes too.
    I will pop over and alter Tower of Strength now
    I really appreciate you taking the time to give constructive criticism, and it is a shame that people take offence when you are trying to help. I guess those people don't really want help eh? Thanks again :-)

All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am scared of charging too much!!....
    Don't be! It's a rare item, hard to find; very collectible and you are far below the existing prices of the couple available elsewhere.

You can always lower the price later if you want to ~ but one thing is for sure, you can't raise it once it's sold!

That's one I would be prepared to "sit on" for a while...... they pays the money for rarity, if not, you sit on it while it inflates!

Just my two pennerth..... and you are welcome.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh trust me.... I appreciate any help passed my way! I will certainly look at the Animal Spirit Guide book in particular, but don't see how I can lower the price much further as I don't buy in bulk. I will re-think all of the postage too...that is something I was unsure of because of people saying they hadn't received the item, but I suppose that doesn't happen often to be fair.
    So, add the full description including the ISBN to the item specifics...noted :-)
    Reduce the postage costs as much as I can :-)
    I always send everything 2nd class and I get a certificate of posting. If something goes missing in the post I get a Lost, Damaged or Delayed Inland Mail Claim Form from the post office (or you can download one) and send it off with a copy of the PayPal transaction page and the certificate of posting and I always get all my money back including the postage. To be honest, I'm making more money from Royal Mail than feebay at the moment lol
    (I should add that this only works for items worth £20 or under)
    Last edited by olivia8143; 23rd April 2015 at 03:08 PM.

All-About poppyrowan
    Forum Posts

Thank you all. I have spent the day making the suggested changes.....fingers crossed :-)

Thread Information