eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Show me an example of a seller, selling from a multi item listing.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Show me an example of a seller, selling from a multi item listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrotec View Post
    I have been searching on ebid to try and find an example of someone selling on a regular basis from the UK. I am looking for sellers who have multiples of the same items for sale rather than just one off items.

I am struggling to find anyone selling anything. I don't have many of my own items listed yet because although I am getting views no one seems to be buying. I am beginning to think there is a technical fault with the site stopping people from completing a purchase.

My prices are lower here and although I am getting viewings no sales since I opened the account. If I could find a good example of a business selling on a regular basis, from multi item listings I may be able to learn their tequniques or determine if there is some kind of issue with my checkout process.

Any help much appreciated.
    There are many newcomers not willing to sign up with the site to make a purchase so I am not sure that new buyers are aware that they DON'T have to sign up with eBid to make a purchase. All they have to do is click on the Buy Now link and go from there. Perhaps make a mention of this in your descriptions?

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your response but we have been in business since 1985, so I am aware of having plans. I'm sure you would agree it is bad business practice to put all your eggs in one basket. Likewise it is not good practice to rely on one outlet or one supplier / manufacturer of the items you sell.

We sell through a number of outlets and all the items we list sell, some sell several times in one day. As yet after listing some of our lower priced and most popular items on eBid we have not sold anything here. What you said about competing with ourselves doesn't really hold water. People who buy on feebay don't necessarily buy on amazon or your own website. Quite often buyers tend to develop a preference for one outlet or another.

I suspect that at the moment eBid just does not have enough exposure, most people I talk to have never heard of it. As time goes by and more people list here, regardless of if they list elsewhere the popularity will increase and people will start selling. One or two adverts on radio or TV would give it a boost to get the ball rolling.

The reason not many people will spend the time listing here is because there is little evidence of many people making sales. Astral126 reponded with one example of an international seller shipping from Hong Kong who has sold two belt buckles since November last year. Although it shows the site is working, it's a bit poor for an international seller..

I will be pleased when this site takes off but it's now been going for a number of years with very slow progress. It needs a boost to get the momentum going. I can only assume sidthelamp you are very successful just selling on eBid, I will have a look at your listings to see if I can get some idea's.

The reason I did this post in the first place was because I had spent over an hour trying to find an ebid store that had multi item listings that were selling. I could not find any hence my post.

Click here to join ebid.
    http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/1551551

Thanks for that jeweleffects I was not aware that people could buy without signing up. As far as I know even though we accept paypal only, the buyer does not need to have a paypal account to pay by credit / debit card.

Click here to join ebid.

Sidthelamp, I just had a look for your listings but I can't find any, are they under a different name.

Click here to join ebid.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for your response but we have been in business since 1985, so I am aware of having plans. I'm sure you would agree it is bad business practice to put all your eggs in one basket. Likewise it is not good practice to rely on one outlet or one supplier / manufacturer of the items you sell.

We sell through a number of outlets and all the items we list sell, some sell several times in one day. As yet after listing some of our lower priced and most popular items on eBid we have not sold anything here. What you said about competing with ourselves doesn't really hold water. People who buy on feebay don't necessarily buy on amazon or your own website. Quite often buyers tend to develop a preference for one outlet or another.

I suspect that at the moment eBid just does not have enough exposure, most people I talk to have never heard of it. As time goes by and more people list here, regardless of if they list elsewhere the popularity will increase and people will start selling. One or two adverts on radio or TV would give it a boost to get the ball rolling.

The reason not many people will spend the time listing here is because there is little evidence of many people making sales. Astral126 reponded with one example of an international seller shipping from Hong Kong who has sold two belt buckles since November last year. Although it shows the site is working, it's a bit poor for an international seller..

I will be pleased when this site takes off but it's now been going for a number of years with very slow progress. It needs a boost to get the momentum going. I can only assume sidthelamp you are very successful just selling on eBid, I will have a look at your listings to see if I can get some idea's.

The reason I did this post in the first place was because I had spent over an hour trying to find an ebid store that had multi item listings that were selling. I could not find any hence my post.

by your own example listing on more than one site has not worked for you, yet you still seem to think by listing most of your stock on another site will make you sales here, you mention exposure on ebid yet 99% of your stock is exposed on another site how will that help your exposure on ebid ? how will it help the over all exposure of ebid,

you say you are aware of having plans, yet any plan you have implemented here has not worked, you do not have a business plan for the very reasons i have given above, you have only a best committed a tiny stock to ebid yet your the one complaining, even the general FB from most sellers on this site is " the more you list the more chance of a sale " yet your plans will not allow you list more, when thats the very thing that will attract buyers,

my sales i sold out of most of my stock on ebid not competing against myself but competing against other sellers in other market places never had a problem selling here, the only problem i had was with certain buyers trying to monopolise my stock, i was not just selling collectables i was selling the new consumables that service the collectables , with stiff opposition from other sites ,

the problem with sellers like you , you moan about one site ,try another site then moan about that site, your like a fish out of water, you will not commit to the new venue, a business plan will help you and sellers like you understand what you need to realise to achieve sales,

you must realise you have argued against every point i have made yet you have no experience of the points i have made, remember my posts are advise for you and sellers like you , its not me who doing the moaning its not me asking for advise its you,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Astral126 (near enough) reponded with one example of an international seller shipping from Hong Kong who has sold two belt buckles since November last year. Although it shows the site is working, it's a bit poor for an international seller...
    That the site purchasing procedures were working was all I set out to prove; the example given was simply the first I found that proved that. You must carry out your own research on the sell through rates. You understand your own business and only you can calculate the viability of eBid to it.

One issue on eBid that I feel keeps the kind of seller you are looking for away is the lack of item variations in listings. This means that sellers have to list each variation of the same item (size, colour, finish, etc) as a separate listing. Many business sellers simply cannot be bothered with that (and have stated as such in forums). Until eBid provides item variations on listings then I can't see the bigger sellers with multi-item listings coming here in great numbers.

True, eBid is a less well known site (particularly overseas), and traffic is lower here than on some other sites with a resulting lower sell through rate. If you don't list it here then you can't sell it here though.

So many want eBid to succeed, but they don't want to contribute to building it; they want others to put in all the effort so they can arrive when all the work is done and reap the benefits.
    Last edited by astral276; 29th April 2015 at 12:50 AM.

Sidthelamp you don't have any items for sale, yet you are trying to tell me how to run a business I have ran sucessfully since 1985. Also most of our stock is listed on our website, less than 1 % of our stock is on feebay. Instead of spending your time criticising other sellers why don't you get listing, you obviously have plenty of time on your hands.

Astral276, it is my intension to fill up our ebid store but have to set aside time to do this, so that will be done in stages. I was just surprised after checking that the amount of sales through ebid is so low, even though it's been established for quite a few years. If ebid starts to take off more sellers and buyers will be attracted and sales will then gather pace.

Thanks to everyone for the replies and advice, its much appreciated.

Click here to join ebid.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Astral276, it is my intension to fill up our ebid store but have to set aside time to do this, so that will be done in stages. I was just surprised after checking that the amount of sales through ebid is so low, even though it's been established for quite a few years. If ebid starts to take off more sellers and buyers will be attracted and sales will then gather pace.
    Afraid it's a Catch #22 situation, which I certainly don't have the solution to but believe it can only be broken by sellers willing to commit to the site - even if sell through rates are not currently attractive to them. To save me typing...some related thoughts within: http://mootango.webspace.virginmedia...idkb.htm#a0069
    Last edited by astral276; 29th April 2015 at 10:22 AM.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sidthelamp you don't have any items for sale, yet you are trying to tell me how to run a business I have ran sucessfully since 1985. Also most of our stock is listed on our website, less than 1 % of our stock is on feebay. Instead of spending your time criticising other sellers why don't you get listing, you obviously have plenty of time on your hands.

Thanks to everyone for the replies and advice, its much appreciated.

what a childish response, you asked for advise i gave it to you which you have not even debated, who said all your stock was on feebay? i did not i said "most of your stock on another site will make you sales here, you mention exposure on ebid yet 99% of your stock is exposed on another site "

i also said i had sold out of stock, and explained why, yet you completey ignore that point, of course you did not check my fb did you not looking for real sales patterns which is what your original post was asking for wasn't it,

i never criticised you i gave you advise, you do not have the ability to see through it and use what is useful , splitting stock up around different web sites does not work you and many others have told us this many times ,

your post is defensive you try to steer away from the matter in hand by changing the subject to my lack of listings , if you dont commit to ebid any customers looking for your type of item will find a half empty shop and not come back, is that simple enough for you?
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

I have many listings where I have multiple quantities and regularly sell several.

A few examples:

Teetot Magical Fairy Tale Princess Dress Up Chest - 137840015. I had 3, sold one then when relisted sold the other 2.

Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Oats n Honey 80 Bars - 137794722. Get the Nature Valley bars all the time and frequently have multiple purchases. Currently 2 sold on this listing.

Nature Valley Sweet & Nutty Peanut - 137794723. Sold 3 to 2 buyers.

Maxwell House Cappuccino Coffee 750g - 137003734. Sold 9 to 4 buyers.

All the above were either completed in April or are listings that are still live.

One thing I have noticed is that a sale on a listing with multiple quantities can on many occasions lead to more sales. Whether that is due to appearing on the 'Popular Listings' or is simply a case of potential buyers having more confidence in a listing that has sales, I wish I knew.

Thread Information