Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Non-Selling Sellers!

Default Re: Non-Selling Sellers!

Oh, so now you are resorting to `names`? `parasite`! Who the hell do you think you are? We are not trying to direct people to the other site at all.

Latest version on non-seller`s listings:

Now confirmed -At last we will be able to reopen on Wednesday 10th June - 8.00pm.Family commitments.Apologies . Your patience is very much appreciated .We cannot respond to messages until then.

We will wait and see!!

BRAINS

[ Translation: "This zombie seller is bored" ]

BRAINS

[ "and surprised that this thread is still walking around" "Is this thread a zombie too?" ]

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't always put put my sales into holiday mode.

My current notice says,
    Shop remains open but unable to dispatch between June 7th and June13th. Next dispatch date after June 6th is June 14th

I am going on holiday for six days, but I find my regulars are happy to bid for things and wait until I can post.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wiganstamps View Post
    We started a `Watch List` over 3 months ago of over 120 items from a seller who for some unknown reason, keeps all of his/her listings on Holiday Mode, keeps changing the date as to when they are re-opening but, continues to list more material on a weekly basis. We had a similar `comic` on eBay some years ago who kept this up for weeks, until they had listed more than 10,000 items. On this site, this NON-SELLING seller has amassed over 68,000 listings and still will not sell anything! Are we missing something here ??
    Latest message from that seller:

We reopen on Wednesday 17th June - 8.00pm.Family commitments.We have to close on Friday 19th June at approx. 10pm and will anticipate reopening early August.

(sigh)
    Well if this thread is still going on, i think i'll weigh-in on the "parasite allegation".

I do not see cross-promoting your items, listings, stores, sites, or whatever, as a problem.
    This is no diffrent than advertising in 2 or more newspapers or TV channels.
    Or opening a branch store in another mall across town and listing both addresses in all your ads or even in the stores.
    Sure the malls or papers would like to stop ANY commerce going to their competitors.
    But i do not see any reason for us sellers, advertisers, tenants to feel any guilt about it, nor any need to appoligize to other tenants/sellers for it.

As long as the commission/tax goes to whatever jurisdiction the sale happened in.
    Info should be free to cross borders.

If some seller is using his storefront as a wherehouse, - it is not my business. - and as far as i can tell, it doesn't hurt my business.

Thread Information