eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Special Offer : 50% off SELLER+ Lifetime cost Does this mean no seller fees for life?

Forum Newbie
    All-About zapquall
    View zapquall's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Special Offer : 50% off SELLER+ Lifetime cost Does this mean no seller fees for l

I see "0% FVF" repeated in the banner ads for S+L, and in the FAQ link that cheaver posted, and various other places on the site. But I also see this in the actual Fees & Charges FAQ:
    "SELLER+
    Auction Final Value Fee : $0.00

Please note there is a minimum charge of $0.01 for all Final Value Fees."

$0.01 is not 0% of anything. Even of $1,000,000,000. So which is it? 0% (check my math, but I think that would ALWAYS be $0.00), or $0.01? And why is this contradiction in the official FAQ?
    http://www.ebid.net/us/help/fees-and-charges/
    Last edited by zapquall; 13th December 2015 at 06:56 PM.

Default Re: Special Offer : 50% off SELLER+ Lifetime cost Does this mean no seller fees for l

Quote Originally Posted by zapquall View Post
    I see "0% FVF" repeated in the banner ads for S+L, and in the FAQ link that cheaver posted, and various other places on the site. But I also see this in the actual Fees & Charges FAQ:
    "SELLER+
    Auction Final Value Fee : $0.00

Please note there is a minimum charge of $0.01 for all Final Value Fees."

$0.01 is not 0% of anything. Even of $1,000,000,000. So which is it? 0% (check my math, but I think that would ALWAYS be $0.00), or $0.01? And why is this contradiction in the official FAQ?
    http://www.ebid.net/us/help/fees-and-charges/
    If you are a seller+ and choose a standard listing the FVF = $0.00

If you are a seller+ and choose a gallery listing the FVF = 2% with a $.01 minimum.

The difference is based on the type of listing you choose and what type of seller you are.

Forum Newbie
    All-About zapquall
    View zapquall's Listings
    Forum Posts

So what you're saying only applies to S+ gallery listings that sell between $0.01 and $0.50? If that's the case, then the FAQ could stand to be reworded so it's clearer, and not ambiguously contradictory.

It could also benefit from clarification about how that FVF percentage is calculated on ALL listings which are subject to FVF: is it aggregated during a billing period and THEN rounded mathematically? Or is it rounded mathematically for EACH listing? Or is it always rounded UP to the next penny (or smallest increment in local currency) for each listing?

Example 1: A Seller+ only sells 40 gallery items in a month for $0.01 each. (Yes, I realize that's not likely, but it IS possible.) Does he pay $0.40 in FVF that month, or just $0.01?
    Example 2: A Seller+ only sells 400 gallery items in a month for $0.74 each. 2% of each is $0.0148. Does he pay $8 in FVF that month ($0.02ea), or $4 ($0.01ea), or $5.92 ($0.0148ea)?

I'm seriously considering starting off as a S+L, but the FAQ doesn't appear to answer these questions, and I'd like to know before I commit.
    Last edited by zapquall; 13th December 2015 at 09:35 PM.

So what you're saying only applies to S+ gallery listings that sell between $0.01 and $0.50? If that's the case, then the FAQ could stand to be reworded so it's clearer, and not ambiguously contradictory.

It could also benefit from clarification about how that FVF percentage is calculated on ALL listings which are subject to FVF: is it aggregated during a billing period and THEN rounded mathematically? Or is it rounded mathematically for EACH listing? Or is it always rounded UP to the next penny (or smallest increment in local currency) for each listing?

Example 1: A Seller+ only sells 40 gallery items in a month for $0.01 each. (Yes, I realize that's not likely, but it IS possible.) Does he pay $0.40 in FVF that month, or just $0.01?
    Example 2: A Seller+ only sells 400 gallery items in a month for $0.74 each. 2% of each is $0.0148. Does he pay $8 in FVF that month ($0.02ea), or $4 ($0.01ea), or $5.92 ($0.0148ea)?

I'm seriously considering starting off as a S+L, but the FAQ doesn't appear to answer these questions, and I'd like to know before I commit.
    FVF is calculated for each sale individually. 40 gallery items sold in a month for $0.01 each = $.40 FVF due for that month

Not sure what you are seeing the FAQ's ... can you point me to what you find ambiguous?

IMHO the Seller+ Lifetime was a great investment and glad I did it.

Forum Newbie
    All-About zapquall
    View zapquall's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Not sure what you are seeing the FAQ's ... can you point me to what you find ambiguous?
    Exactly what I quoted & linked in my first post.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exactly what I quoted & linked in my first post.
    I think the replies you have had really clarify the situation.
    0% FVFs only apply if you do not use the Gallery, i.e. no thumbnail pictures on your listings. In this case 0% means 0%
    If you use the Gallery, then you pay 2% FVF on your sales. In this case there is a $0.01 minimum. This minimum is calculated per item. It is not aggregated in any way.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

We'll take a look at the wording, can you let us know which FAQ you are referring to.

Our aim is to make our pricing as simple and as transparent as possible.

Thanks
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Newbie
    All-About zapquall
    View zapquall's Listings
    Forum Posts

The one I linked in my first post: fees and charges.

Thread Information