eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh wow - are eBid accepting guest buyers at last ?

Default Oh wow - are eBid accepting guest buyers at last ?

I don't know if this is new or if I just wasn't aware of it ?

I've just been chatting to a newbie buyer by email. He had contacted me to let me know his item had arrived safely and that he was very pleased with it and we had a chat about some pottery he was looking for. I asked him if he wouldn't mind leaving me an eBid feedback and explained where the tab was on his 'My eBid' page. He replied he didn't have an eBid page as he had just popped in to buy my item. I then asked if he had to create a password etc and this was his reply :-
    Created no account -- no password or anything. Just my email address.

This is good news, the only downside is that I won't get my feedback and buddy points but I can live with that if I get more sales !

Default Re: Oh wow - are eBid accepting guest buyers at last ?

Sarge has been busted.

But for a good reason. This is GREAT news!

There is the ability to join up using your Facebook, Google and Yahoo account details. So if they did that they will have a 'My eBid' page, they just don't realise it. That was introduced in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    There is the ability to join up using your Facebook, Google and Yahoo account details. So if they did that they will have a 'My eBid' page, they just don't realise it. That was introduced in 2012.
    So do you just provide your email address and nothing else coming in from one of those sites ?

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    So do you just provide your email address and nothing else coming in from one of those sites ?
    To be honest I have absolutely no idea because I haven't done it. I sometimes wish that eBid would do a 'walk through' when they announce these things so we are able to explain things to buyers more proficiently. Us sellers are on the front line of helping buyers so it would be nice to see the full picture rather than fragments of it.

But my assumption (rightly or wrongly) would be that the buyer would just have to confirm the email address and the rest would be imported. I have had a quite a few instances where the eBid address has been wrong for a 'new to eBid' buyer - and this has usually been caused by the importing of address details that haven't been updated from where they have been imported from.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    To be honest I have absolutely no idea because I haven't done it. I sometimes wish that eBid would do a 'walk through' when they announce these things so we are able to explain things to buyers more proficiently. Us sellers are on the front line of helping buyers so it would be nice to see the full picture rather than fragments of it.

But my assumption (rightly or wrongly) would be that the buyer would just have to confirm the email address and the rest would be imported. I have had a quite a few instances where the eBid address has been wrong for a 'new to eBid' buyer - and this has usually been caused by the importing of address details that haven't been updated from where they have been imported from.
    Well it would be nice if eBid could shed some light on this. I was hoping that maybe signing up as a guest was a new feature that was being launched to go with the new look site whenever that is going to happen !

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Well it would be nice if eBid could shed some light on this. I was hoping that maybe signing up as a guest was a new feature that was being launched to go with the new look site whenever that is going to happen !
    I believe it only applies to Buy Now not auctions. You still need to join to make a bid.

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I believe it only applies to Buy Now not auctions. You still need to join to make a bid.
    correct this was confirmed some time back on here by ebid

Quote Originally Posted by purplestevie View Post
    correct this was confirmed some time back on here by ebid
    Ah right, thank you, I must have missed that announcement !

Forum Lurker
    View bertgee's Feedback (+6654)
    All-About bertgee
    View bertgee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi everyone, back after a two year absence due to heavy work commitments and also a gentle reminder via email that I owed ebid £2.31 (which I actually knew nothing about) but found it strange that it was invoiced two years on !! Never mind, paid straight away and upgraded myself to lifetime seller plus, with now a lot more time on my hands.

I am selling breweriana items such as beer pump clips and beermats under the banner of bertgees-beer-engine and have 1000s of these to add to my shop and everything is buy it now at very cheap prices and all are UK FREEPOST.

http://bertgees-beer-engine.ebid.net/

To anyone who has a MANBAR or WOMANBAR take a look and maybe something there to spruce up your bar top.

Good luck to all sellers and nice to have the time to be back....piles of items going on in the coming weeks and as I sell on another site I will be informing customers where to find me here at cheaper prices due to the cheaper fees. Hopefully a few come over here and enhance other members selling experiences. I will also be sending out cards with every purchase on the other side telling them how to get to ebid.

Emails started going out yesterday as I now have 900 items on and very quickly one customer has followed and bought three items this morning, hope this generates sales for other sellers on ebid

Best regards to you all
    bertgee
    Last edited by bertgee; 29th May 2015 at 11:31 AM.

Thread Information