Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anything Else I Could Be Doing?

Default Anything Else I Could Be Doing?

I've yet to make a single sale. I currently have a total of 101 items listed between my three eBid stores with much more on the way. I have been advertising on Google+, plug your auctions, Facebook, and I just created a Pinterest page yesterday. I do have international shipping available. I get views but never any sales. Is there something I am doing wrong or something more I could be doing? Does getting back into selling during this time of the year have anything to do with it?
    Last edited by amcer93; 10th June 2015 at 01:18 PM.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Anything Else I Could Be Doing?

No, it's not you, I used to make a fair number of sales, but lately it's dwindled to a trickle. I'm wondering if the fact that I can no longer find my items on Google shopping has anything to do with this, (they used to appear with some regularity), though it may just be coincidence.
    Some suggestions, if you haven't already tried them:

1) Add a signature link to your posts, so members can click to view your listings.

2) List as many items as you can; it's free to list and relist and the more items you list, the more potential sales.

3) Use 7-10 day listings with auto repost to ensure your items move up searches.

4) Let former customers from other sites know you're selling here.

5) Use social networking (Twitter, Facebook, personal blog) to promote your listings.

6) Use Plug Your Auctions on the forum (1x per 24 hours - delete old plug before adding new one) to promote your listings.

7) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.

8) If seller+ use your 5 free stores to organize your listings to make it easier for buyers to find your items.

9) Use MaO or offer combined/free shipping or other incentives, if it’s your thing, to encourage buyers to purchase from you.

10) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.

11) Buy a few inexpensive items to increase your feedback and support the site.

12) Get involved in eBid activities, as the monthly YDC charity auctions, if you're so inclined; it's a great way to raise monies for good causes and it helps raise your profile in the eBid community.

13) Check out the Help videos and read Astral's FAQs page, lots of good info. in both places.

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Oh and have fun.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

I should check Google Shopping, that could be part of it. I've also heard that the summer months are slow in general.

1) Add a signature link to your posts, so members can click to view your listings.
    I do have link to my stores in my post.
    2) List as many items as you can; it's free to list and relist and the more items you list, the more potential sales.
    I have many more items to list. What I have is far from what I have available. It just takes time for me to put them together to create a listing that meets my standards (i.e. description, good photos, etc)
    3) Use 7-10 day listings with auto repost to ensure your items move up searches.
    I usually have them run for more than 10 days if they are fixed price. If they are auctions I will do 10 days or less.
    4) Let former customers from other sites know you're selling here.
    Never really had any repeat buyers on ebay, so there is not much I can do with this.
    5) Use social networking (Twitter, Facebook, personal blog) to promote your listings.
    I am currently using Google+, Pinterest, and post on Facebook pages to promote my listing.
    6) Use Plug Your Auctions on the forum (1x per 24 hours - delete old plug before adding new one) to promote your listings.
    I do use this feature frequently, but have not had any sales come from it. Is there anything more I could be doing with that?
    7) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    I do have international shipping available.
    8) If seller+ use your 5 free stores to organize your listings to make it easier for buyers to find your items.
    I have three stores currently.
    9) Use MaO or offer combined/free shipping or other incentives, if it’s your thing, to encourage buyers to purchase from you.
    I don't use MAO unless its a very high dollar item ($100+). I am toying with the idea of free shipping. I offered it for a time while on ebay. Does that really help your chances of selling?
    10) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.
    I do.
    11) Buy a few inexpensive items to increase your feedback and support the site.
    I transfered my ebay feedback to ebid so that isn't a problem.
    12) Get involved in eBid activities, as the monthly YDC charity auctions, if you're so inclined; it's a great way to raise monies for good causes and it helps raise your profile in the eBid community.
    I've been interested in doing that, I just have not committed to it yet.
    13) Check out the Help videos and read Astral's FAQs page, lots of good info. in both places.
    I have this and a handful of other help sites saved, I haven't looked over them in detail yet.

Thank you for the info. I'm always willing to learn and improve as a seller, and I'm still figuring out how to draw buyers to my items here and away from evilbay.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Sounds like you're doing a good job, I guess keep at it is the most I can add. Summer is a time when many folks go away on vacations, so IMHO you're right in thinking maybe that has something to do with the slow sales factor.

The 7-10 days with auto repost was suggested by various members over the years as a good way to ensure your items are seen by potential buyers, as BIN items are at the very ends of searches so they can be more easily overlooked.

I don't honestly know if free shipping helps or not as I don't use it, (as a small seller I can't afford to eat postage costs, except for charity auctions). Hopefully someone who does free shipping will be along to add their 2 cents.

I did try adding MaO to a few of my listings but it didn't seem to help sales much. I'd thought it might help because as a buyer I like to use it when I see it available, but apparently I'm not in the majority with this one.

I'm sure others will be along shortly to add to this thread.

Last edited by suesjools; 29th May 2015 at 08:15 PM.

I'm working on writing up some new listings at this very moment. I figured that this time of year had something to do with it. I would just like to actually start selling some things now that I have been working on it for about two months, and also to prove to my parents who want me to go back to evilbay that I can do well here.

I've heard the 7-10 day things as well, but a majority of the stuff I sell honestly doesn't have much to compete with in terms of placement. Every one of my items I look up on eBid I find on the first page.

I did free shipping for a while on feebay to attract more customers. I just incorporated whatever I would charge for shipping into the buy it now price. I myself didn't see much of a difference in sales.

I generally don't like using MAO for my fixed price items because I don't want low-balling buyers and I feel my prices are fair as they are. I do try to list them for less than what they usually sell for on feebay.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Good deal, the more you list, the more potential sales. Hope you can make a go of it here, it sounds like you're doing all the right things.

Something else I am wondering about. I have a post in Plug Your Auctions that I make sure to update at least once a day, if not I make sure it stays near the top. I keep hearing that PYA is a great way to get sales, yet I haven't sold a single thing even with me keeping that post active. Am I doing something incorrectly with that or something? Should I have links to items in it? Does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by amcer93 View Post
    Something else I am wondering about. I have a post in Plug Your Auctions that I make sure to update at least once a day, if not I make sure it stays near the top. I keep hearing that PYA is a great way to get sales, yet I haven't sold a single thing even with me keeping that post active. Am I doing something incorrectly with that or something? Should I have links to items in it? Does that help?
    What I would do with the PYA is to be specific. For example I know there are a few craft people and I have got hold of some cutting and embossing machines at a good price, so I have started a PYA just for those items. What you need at the moment is just that one sale to get things going, so maybe pick an item or two you think might interest people on the threads, give a bit of info on it/them and include images (which I forgot!) and a link.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31360)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by amcer93 View Post
    I've yet to make a single sale. I currently have a total of 101 items listed between my three eBid stores with much more on the way. I have been advertising on Google+, plug your auctions, Facebook, and I just created a Pinterest page yesterday. I do have international shipping available. I get views but never an sales. Is there something I am doing wrong or something more I could be doing? Does getting back into selling during this time of the year have anything to do with it?
    Listing helps.

All my Feedback is Ebid. I list as much as I can.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    What I would do with the PYA is to be specific. For example I know there are a few craft people and I have got hold of some cutting and embossing machines at a good price, so I have started a PYA just for those items. What you need at the moment is just that one sale to get things going, so maybe pick an item or two you think might interest people on the threads, give a bit of info on it/them and include images (which I forgot!) and a link.
    Exactly, this is what I do and it works for me. It's no good having a plug thread that remains static that you just bump, it becomes boring and people will only click on it once.
    Last edited by olivia8143; 3rd June 2015 at 09:29 PM.

Thread Information