Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Roll Call, If Your An American Please Drop In and Say Hi

Default Re: Roll Call, If Your An American Please Drop In and Say Hi

I agree that eBid does need more of a variety of items. I do my part to offer items in categories where there is not much or it is controlled by a handful of sellers who have their items listed at dark side prices.

Even though I still have not sold anything, I am not going to give up on eBid just yet. I still have faith that eBid can and will grow into something great.

I'm glad to see there's a number of Americans on this site. I hope ebid sees the importance of outreach to the American Market. As a Seller I can say that certain items sell for as much or better prices than ebay with much more reasonable fees. As I seller of coins I have noticed that certain coins sell for the same or better prices. I highly recommend ebid to both American buyers and Sellers. For those of you who are tired of ebay's 13% Selling fees, ebid is the place for you!
    http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/50-mercu...-139820045.htm

http://us.ebid.net/users/OlympusCoinz

"None are more enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free" ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Discouraged seller here, from the Northwest. The Equality State!

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm still waiting to see the roll out of the new site to determine what, if any, changes will be required before reopening my stores.

Of course, confidence in the site ever gaining momentum in the US won't be enhanced if the month of June passes without the promised revamp. Has there been any progress in the UK regarding the upgraded site mentioned in the last newsletter?

Forum Lurker
    View DancingForRain's Feedback (+2249)
    All-About DancingForRain
    View DancingForRain's Listings
    Forum Posts

How comes you are discouraged? I cannot see any items you have for sale other than charity items

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    Discouraged seller here, from the Northwest. The Equality State!

It depends on what you sell and how you price things. Certain categories sell better. Like coins and stamps for example.

"None are more enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free" ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi There!

Was encouraged by a online story about a Greek couple on honeymoon in New York City (Manhattan). Stranded when their Greek issued credit cards were not honored. They reached out to the Greek Church, and two churches in Queens, N.Y. (Astoria) responded with emergency funds until their return trip tomorrow.

I'm from Queens, so I was glad to hear that they rose to the occasion. Queens is one of the most culturally rich boroughs in New York. I hope they find things ok when they get back to Greece. Hope Greece is able to find some type of a solution to their complex financial difficulties. The situation they are in could equally impact multiple nations.

Well, happy fourth of July everyone. And God bless America!

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Hi There!

Was encouraged by a online story about a Greek couple on honeymoon in New York City (Manhattan). Stranded when their Greek issued credit cards were not honored. They reached out to the Greek Church, and two churches in Queens, N.Y. (Astoria) responded with emergency funds until their return trip tomorrow.

I'm from Queens, so I was glad to hear that they rose to the occasion. Queens is one of the most culturally rich boroughs in New York. I hope they find things ok when they get back to Greece. Hope Greece is able to find some type of a solution to their complex financial difficulties. The situation they are in could equally impact multiple nations.

Well, happy fourth of July everyone. And God bless America!
    That's good to hear. Greece is going through tough times but that's something that they need to work through to become a stronger nation.

Is it a bit slow on here or is it just me? Perhaps it's because I no longer start auctions at .01 cents. I've gotten no bids so far and it's been 5 days on 7 day auctions. Good thing I'm on other auction sites but the low fees here are nice.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OlympusCoinz View Post
    That's good to hear. Greece is going through tough times but that's something that they need to work through to become a stronger nation.

Is it a bit slow on here or is it just me? Perhaps it's because I no longer start auctions at .01 cents. I've gotten no bids so far and it's been 5 days on 7 day auctions. Good thing I'm on other auction sites but the low fees here are nice.
    It is not just you. It is slow here for many USA sellers; unless you are willing to risk taking a loss. You actually did better than most who attempt to take the risk. Many just choose to leave or get struck off for non-performance. So I am glad you stuck it out.

Personally, I think sellers just need to stick it out; refuse to set yourself up for loss. Hopefully, buyer attitudes will begin to change on eBid. In the mean time, there is nothing wrong with diversifying into other venues. A sale is a sale, but lower fees are always the best way for sellers.

As far as lower fees, coupled with few or no sales. Well lower fees times zero equals zero profit. But lower fees, coupled with loss in profits from low level sales results is worse. So patience is needed, as well as standing one's ground against continuous seller loss.

Forum Newbie
    All-About catacombing
    View catacombing's Listings
    Forum Posts

Born in the USA--SW PA resident and still waiting for my first sale on ebid after 2 months; I realize that's not long from reading these posts but the site is unwieldy (for me--technologically impaired) and I hate coming here to remove items that have sold at the bay. Hoping this site will pick up, but frankly, I've tried a couple of other sites that have either a very low monthly charge for a store and/or very low fees but had the same experience.

Thread Information