Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Shopping Defaults

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Google Shopping Defaults

Hi I read somewhere that if people have what are considered to be "under-performing" listings on Google Shopping then they may be thrown off the site.

In my opinion this outcome is not beneficial to either eBid or the member. At present there is just a blanket tick box for opting in or out of GS.

I am thinking that if the option was given for each listing then the person could merely kick out the under-performing listings but include listings that have no issues.

The result would be a win-win situation: eBid would have the continued income from the seller. And the seller would still have a venue to sell on.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Google Shopping Defaults

Great suggestion.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Hi I read somewhere that if people have what are considered to be "under-performing" listings on Google Shopping then they may be thrown off the site......
    Show me where eBid management has ever said this.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    Show me where eBid management has ever said this.
    What they do say:

We reserve the right to remove items permanently from Google Shopping if we consider a substantial number of your items being listed for sale at Google Shopping through eBid are resulting in a lack of sales. This could occur if the item is showing a poor associated description, non-appealing images, your pricings are out of sync with similar products at Google Shopping.

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

I am also sure that in addition to that I have also seen mention of membership monies being refunded; which would suggest a parting of the ways.

I am also sure that in addition to that I have also seen mention of membership monies being refunded; which would suggest a parting of the ways.
    No one is thrown off the site. All that happens is that the default to upload to Google Shopping is turned off for all listings by that seller. The listings still run on eBid, and they still get picked up by the regular search engines. For sellers of one-of-a-kind items or unusual collectibles, it probably doesn't make much difference since there may not be comparable products on Google Shopping anyway.

Our original agreement with eBid didn't promise the upload to Google Shopping, and it has nothing to do with membership fees.

I think letting us choose which items should be uploaded to Google Shopping is a very good idea. I hope eBid will consider adding this option.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    No one is thrown off the site. All that happens is that the default to upload to Google Shopping is turned off for all listings by that seller. The listings still run on eBid, and they still get picked up by the regular search engines. For sellers of one-of-a-kind items or unusual collectibles, it probably doesn't make much difference since there may not be comparable products on Google Shopping anyway.

Our original agreement with eBid didn't promise the upload to Google Shopping, and it has nothing to do with membership fees.

I think letting us choose which items should be uploaded to Google Shopping is a very good idea. I hope eBid will consider adding this option.
    But google shopping upload is promised with the membership fee. Here is what it says on the ebid home page.

Want zero selling fees for life?
    SELLER+ Lifetime June Offer
    [COLOR=#CC0000 !important]$49.99[COLOR=#333333 !important]*[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Free T-shirt * Zero Listing Fees * Zero Final Value Fees * 5 Free Photos * 5 Free eBid Stores * Uploads to Google Shopping * Import from eBay * Unlimited Listings * For Life.Upgrade now.
    *24hr offer from time of signup. Usually $99.98.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    But google shopping upload is promised with the membership fee. Here is what it says on the ebid home page.

Want zero selling fees for life?
    SELLER+ Lifetime June Offer
    [COLOR=#CC0000 !important]$49.99[COLOR=#333333 !important]*[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Free T-shirt * Zero Listing Fees * Zero Final Value Fees * 5 Free Photos * 5 Free eBid Stores * Uploads to Google Shopping * Import from eBay * Unlimited Listings * For Life.Upgrade now.
    *24hr offer from time of signup. Usually $99.98.
    Oops! I've been here for eight years, and that wasn't included when I joined. I confess I haven't been to the home page for a long time.

Perhaps it's time for eBid to clarify if the original offer is still binding on us old-timers? We have over 2,700 listings that used to be uploaded to Google Shopping, and got turned off a couple of months ago because of lack of sales compared to the high total costs for uploading. It was costing eBid a fortune. That's how I know the basic membership isn't affected, just the upload. And I know our listings are not overpriced. If there's a comparable product available on BadBay, we ask at least 10 percent less. I think the problem is simply that we have too many items listed so our total charges were high. I've deleted about 100 listings, will probably delete more when I decide what other site to try, lowered our prices here on some of the one-of-a-kind items, and maybe someday I'll try turning it on again to see what happens.

That said, I don't think Google Shopping helped us much. Many of our listings come up on the first page of Google, Yahoo, and Bing.

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

I was not aware of the promise about Google Shopping in the revised agreement.

However I can't be the only person to have some items which would compete on GS and others (2nd hand books) which are slow movers. One of the major problems is that many people seem to have little or no understanding of the British Postal System; they still expect everything to be covered by the price of a first class stamp. Therefore they recoil in horror when you inform them that the postage for a paperback would be just under £4 (including packaging).

Also the folks who sell things like stamps are disadvantaged by the current system. If the majority of their stock is stamps (low value sales) then they are not able to use GS if they have other higher value items as well. As with all things the option of opting in or out should be left to the individual.
    Last edited by lofty100e; 7th June 2015 at 05:31 PM.

I was not aware of the promise about Google Shopping in the revised agreement.

However I can't be the only person to have some items which would compete on GS and others (2nd hand books) which are slow movers. One of the major problems is that many people seem to have little or no understanding of the British Postal System; they still expect everything to be covered by the price of a first class stamp. Therefore they recoil in horror when you inform them that the postage for a paperback would be just under £4 (including packaging).

Also the folks who sell things like stamps are disadvantaged by the current system. If the majority of their stock is stamps (low value sales) then they are not able to use GS if they have other higher value items as well. As with all things the option of opting in or out should be left to the individual.
    I think this impacts sellers who have a large number of listings on eBid. Someone with thousands of listings eligible for uploads with have a much higher bill than sellers listing only a few. It was the total charge that was cited in the email I got from eBid notifying me they were turning off the spigot.

Thread Information