eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Can I edit reposts individualy?

Forum Lurker
    View Fudbucket's Feedback (+1650)
    All-About Fudbucket
    View Fudbucket's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Can I edit reposts individualy?

Every time I relist an auction, I like to drop the price by one p. I'm working on the principal that it didn't sell that time because it was too expensive and if I keep dropping the price, one day it won't be. Doing this on another site that I won't mention, is quite easy using the bulk uplister, all the items are lined up and I can do all the price dropping on one page - 100 relists take minutes. The only way I have found to do the same on here, is to relist everything then open each listing individually to edit them all one at a time. 50 relists takes over an hour. I have just upgraded to seller+ thinking this would solve this as I now have access to a bulkuploader on here now. I don't think the uploader does that, and the main reason I don't think (rather than know it doesn't) is that I do think you need to be a rocket scientist to know how to use it.
    Does anybody know if I'm wrong, in which case can you explain it to me, or if there is another way of doing what I'm doing?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Can I edit reposts individualy?

You cannot use the bulk upload option to repost and edit information. However, you can use the bulk edit option once the relisted items have been uploaded.

When I decide to edit a listing before reposting, I click on the title link, (not the Repost button) which takes me to the Repost this Listing page where I can do my edits before uploading.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Before considering price dropping :

Check that ALL your listings have thumbnails... the following cats don't:

Toys & Hobbies
    Porcelain
    Home & Garden
    Art

Also, 7 or 3 days after 1st bid - stay at back of the lists for viewings.... give yourself a chance of selling at the price you want by listing a set auction period of time (7 or 10 days maybe?) with 10 auto reposts.

Then your time would be better spent looking at list view of your items - to see which items have lots of views & no sales & edit those with a small price drop?

Just my two pennerth 'cos you're not getting the best out of Seller+

edit:

You have quite a selection of items and over a thousand of them ~ consider opening a Store? Free to Seller+ ............. A Store stocked with varied items might produce much better results for you...

Edit again:

I just looked at one of your items - did you fill in the Item Specifics on the listing form? It doesn't appear that you have - needed for eBid to upload for Google Shopping. (Customers you want!) - see item

Last edited by cheaver; 9th June 2015 at 07:18 PM.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Fudbucket
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    You cannot use the bulk upload option to repost and edit information. However, you can use the bulk edit option once the relisted items have been uploaded.
    I know about that, but, unless I'm missing something, it only works of you want to adjust everything to the same price. Not what I'm wanting to do.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Fudbucket
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post

Before considering price dropping :

Check that ALL your listings have thumbnails... the following cats don't:

Toys & Hobbies
    Porcelain
    Home & Garden
    Art

Also, 7 or 3 days after 1st bid - stay at back of the lists for viewings.... give yourself a chance of selling at the price you want by listing a set auction period of time (7 or 10 days maybe?) with 10 auto reposts.

Then your time would be better spent looking at list view of your items - to see which items have lots of views & no sales & edit those with a small price drop?

Just my two pennerth 'cos you're not getting the best out of Seller+

edit:

You have quite a selection of items and over a thousand of them ~ consider opening a Store? Free to Seller+ ............. A Store stocked with varied items might produce much better results for you...

Edit again:

I just looked at one of your items - did you fill in the Item Specifics on the listing form? It doesn't appear that you have - needed for eBid to upload for Google Shopping. (Customers you want!) - see item

All suggestions appreciated, but I have only been seller+ for a few hours, and most of them have been spent struggling with a dodgy wi-fi connection. I realise I have got a lot of adjustments to make and will be making them over the next couple of weeks, so watch this space. I didn't know about those categories with no thumbnail though, have to find a way round that. Thanks.

Thread Information