Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Newbie just upgraded to seller+ Looking for some pointers

Forum Newbie
    All-About TomsQualityGaming
    View TomsQualityGaming's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Newbie just upgraded to seller+ Looking for some pointers

So taken the plunge and left evilbay. I'm looking at starting a shop here as I buy and sell video games small-time on the side. I upgraded to seller+ So really am looking at some helpful pointers and opinions to ebid.

I have bought sold locally and have plenty of regular customers

Look forward to chatting with you

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Newbie just upgraded to seller+ Looking for some pointers

Hi and welcome to eBid.

Posted this to another thread, but it might be helpful here as well.

Some suggestions, if you haven't already tried them:

1) Add a signature link to your posts, so members can click to view your listings.

2) List as many items as you can; it's free to list and relist and the more items you list, the more potential sales.

3) Use 7-10 day listings with auto repost to ensure your items move up searches.

4) Let former customers from other sites know you're selling here.

5) Use social networking (Twitter, Facebook, personal blog) to promote your listings.

6) Use Plug Your Auctions on the forum (1x per 24 hours - delete old plug before adding new one) to promote your listings.

7) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.

8) If seller+ use your 5 free stores to organize your listings to make it easier for buyers to find your items.

9) Use MaO or offer combined/free shipping or other incentives, if it’s your thing, to encourage buyers to purchase from you.

10) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid.

11) Buy a few inexpensive items to increase your feedback and support the site.

12) Get involved in eBid activities, as the monthly YDC charity auctions, if you're so inclined; it's a great way to raise monies for good causes and it helps raise your profile in the eBid community.

13) Check out the Help videos and read Astral's FAQs page, lots of good info. in both places.

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Oh and have fun.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

Hi thanks for your reply. I sell video games so have opened a store in the video games section. In sub categories however I had to select other as there will be a lot of varieties of video games in there. Unless it is better to seperate the games into different shops for different consoles? I thought it would be best all in the same shop but in seperate sub categories?

Thank you for that list I'll have a better look through, how do I put my current into my signature?

Thanks

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by TomsQualityGaming View Post
    Hi thanks for your reply. I sell video games so have opened a store in the video games section. In sub categories however I had to select other as there will be a lot of varieties of video games in there. Unless it is better to seperate the games into different shops for different consoles? I thought it would be best all in the same shop but in seperate sub categories?

Thank you for that list I'll have a better look through, how do I put my current into my signature?

Thanks

Tom
    If you are only selling video games then you could have a shop for each, so Sony, XBox at least and then have sub categories for the different consoles in each shop. The main thing is making it easy for a potential buyer to find what they want.

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

It is entirely possible I may be selling more than just video games, I have opened a store now and have sub categories for consoles. If need be I can edit it at a later date however I think I'd prefer to have the added option of opening a couple of different stores for different types of merchandise.

Regards

Tom

Thread Information