Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems configuring store

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Problems configuring store

Hi, I have tried launching my store this evening. However I am having problems moving stock into it.
    As i have to choose a category for it I put it under Books as I have far more of those than DvDs to list. However my first listing is a DvD.

This was listed before I launched the store so I closed it and re-listed clicking the store option as I did so. But despite having re-booted the computer the listing does not show in the store.

Can anyone tell me where I may have gone wrong please?

listiing:http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/50144378...-140475438.htm

store: http://uk.ebid.net/perl/account.cgi?...store_id=78233

Thanks for your help
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Problems configuring store

Looks ok to me.

You don't have to close a listing, just edit it to move it into a store.

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

Thanks Mel, but I am not sure that everything is as it should be, when I click through to my store name any listings in there should show. Although there is nothing there, but a message that there are no listings there.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Thanks Mel, but I am not sure that everything is as it should be, when I click through to my store name any listings in there should show. Although there is nothing there, but a message that there are no listings there.
    It looks to me as though you haven't added a category for books in your store, just dvd's.

Also, when you list an item it won't immediately appear in your store although will show in the live listings count. eBid do a revamp of the site every so often which then puts listings into stores. Just be patient.
    Last edited by housewife57; 21st June 2015 at 09:18 PM.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

As far as I can see you have two items listed, one of which is in your store (and was at the time of my previous post).

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...e=loftys-store

All-About lofty100e
    Forum Posts

Default Still not sure where I am going wrong with this

Hi, thanks for your help. I shut the store down and cleared down the category options and started again. But I still have the same results. At home I use windows 7 (the standard home use version) combined with firefox; I have also checked the site at work where I use Windows Professional and IE9.

When I do a search for my store through the "search eBid here" box (where most people would start; I get a page coming up with my store name but it tells me there are no items there.

However when I go to my store through my ebid > my eBidd Stores and click the link to my store in there I get presented with the 2 listings. The box to the left indicates that there is 1 item in each category but the categories are not displayed.

Incidentally I have Books and DvDs listed as parent categories with no sub-categories selected. I jave just realised I have not selected any background or text colours coul this be relevant?

Surely when I do a search for my own store I should be able to see the contents displayed; after all if I do a search for the individual listings they come up. When I used the stores last time around I did not experience any problems like this that I remember.

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Still not sure where I am going wrong with this

I can only guess this has something to do with the site revamp and I used the advanced store search which doesn't find it either.

Clicking on your store from your About Me page is showing your categories on the left of the screen and both listings are showing.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Hi, thanks for your help. I shut the store down and cleared down the category options and started again. But I still have the same results. At home I use windows 7 (the standard home use version) combined with firefox; I have also checked the site at work where I use Windows Professional and IE9.

When I do a search for my store through the "search eBid here" box (where most people would start; I get a page coming up with my store name but it tells me there are no items there.

However when I go to my store through my ebid > my eBidd Stores and click the link to my store in there I get presented with the 2 listings. The box to the left indicates that there is 1 item in each category but the categories are not displayed.

Incidentally I have Books and DvDs listed as parent categories with no sub-categories selected. I jave just realised I have not selected any background or text colours coul this be relevant?

Surely when I do a search for my own store I should be able to see the contents displayed; after all if I do a search for the individual listings they come up. When I used the stores last time around I did not experience any problems like this that I remember.

This is an eBid search glitch - has been like this for about 3 or 4 months, along with a whole host of other search glitches.

I presume you are searching for lofty's store - in which case it won't find the store. If you search for loftys store it will find it correctly.

This and a whole host of other search glitches were reported (by me) to support on June 7th........ and nothing has been done.

All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    This is an eBid search glitch - has been like this for about 3 or 4 months, along with a whole host of other search glitches.

I presume you are searching for lofty's store - in which case it won't find the store. If you search for loftys store it will find it correctly.

This and a whole host of other search glitches were reported (by me) to support on June 7th........ and nothing has been done.

Certainly a glitch in the system because if you search loftys store the search finds the store but the one listing has nothing to do with the store.

Quote Originally Posted by housewife57 View Post
    Certainly a glitch in the system because if you search loftys store the search finds the store but the one listing has nothing to do with the store.
    The store search for loftys store takes you straight to the store with 2 listings.

Advanced search > store search: loftys store

Thread Information