Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems configuring store

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Still not sure where I am going wrong with this

Yep, I know deano as I had already checked. I used the Search eBid Here box to replicate what lofty was seeing.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    I presume you are searching for lofty's store - in which case it won't find the store. If you search for loftys store it will find it correctly.

This and a whole host of other search glitches were reported (by me) to support on June 7th........ and nothing has been done.
    And they'll all still be there after the revamp, no doubt.

To be fair in this case, there is no such store name as lofty's store as (despite my pleas) eBid does not allow apostrophes in store names. Whether eBid should treat lofty and lofty's as the same in a search, particularly as they strip out any entered apostrophes without warning, is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    And they'll all still be there after the revamp, no doubt.

To be fair in this case, there is no such store name as lofty's store as (despite my pleas) eBid does not allow apostrophes in store names. Whether eBid should treat lofty and lofty's as the same in a search, particularly as they strip out any entered apostrophes without warning, is another matter.
    Previously I believe the store search would have found it on either one lofty's or loftys.

I know they are busy with the revamp - but I regularly see search terms used on the forum which are actually unsearchable with the changes some months ago. I had taken a vow of silence with support this year so I would not waste my time. But when I start to get e-mails from buyers who are looking for items - items which are available on eBid from other sellers, which I then have to provide links so they can find them - then I had little choice.

Thread Information