Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New here - questions about international selling and eBay imports

Forum Newbie
    All-About organekliving
    View organekliving's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default New here - questions about international selling and eBay imports

Thanks for all answers in advance. If you can't answer all questions, feel free to answer the ones you know.

1. My items ship globally. Do listings appear on all eBid sites or do I have to register for each country individually?

I plan on importing my eBay listings. I have some questions about a few details:

2. HTML - My listings heavily use HTML. Will they display correctly on eBid?

3. Store Categories - How does eBid handle the eBay store categories? Are they automatically recognized or do I have to first set-up eBid store categories? Or is there some other way of dealing with this?

4. Product Categories - How does eBid handle eBay product categories?

5. Pictures - My pictures are hosted by eBay. Can I use the eBay URL or should I change them to another source?
    Last edited by organekliving; 26th June 2015 at 03:59 PM.

Default Re: New here - questions about international selling and eBay imports

Quote Originally Posted by organekliving View Post
    Thanks for all answers in advance. If you can't answer all questions, feel free to answer the ones you know.

1. My items ship globally. Do listings appear on all eBid sites or do I have to register for each country individually?

I plan on importing my eBay listings. I have some questions about a few details:

2. HTML - My listings heavily use HTML. Will they display correctly on eBid?

3. Store Categories - How does eBid handle the eBay store categories? Are they automatically recognized or do I have to first set-up eBid store categories? Or is there some other way of dealing with this?

4. Product Categories - How does eBid handle eBay product categories?

5. Pictures - My pictures are hosted by eBay. Can I use the eBay URL or should I change them to another source?

Welcome to eBid! Will answer what I can.

First of all, you can't list anything until you upgrade from Buyer to Seller or Seller+. My personal feeling is that Seller+ lifetime is the best value for your buck.

Items will show up on all eBid sites that you ship to. You choose the countries you want to ship to when you create your listing.

You will need to set up your eBid store with the store categories you want. Not familiar with how eBay store categories are set up. On eBid it is your choice all the way.

I'm sure someone will come along to help with the other questions. Hope this helps.

Wishing you much success on eBid.

Forum Newbie
    All-About organekliving
    View organekliving's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Welcome to eBid! Will answer what I can.

First of all, you can't list anything until you upgrade from Buyer to Seller or Seller+. My personal feeling is that Seller+ lifetime is the best value for your buck.

Items will show up on all eBid sites that you ship to. You choose the countries you want to ship to when you create your listing.

You will need to set up your eBid store with the store categories you want. Not familiar with how eBay store categories are set up. On eBid it is your choice all the way.

I'm sure someone will come along to help with the other questions. Hope this helps.

Wishing you much success on eBid.
    Thanks much for the info! Seller+ lifetime is a no-brainer especially since they give a 24 hr window after sign-up for a 50% discount.

I forgot to ask an associated question. Does eBid automatically do currency conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by organekliving View Post
    I forgot to ask an associated question. Does eBid automatically do currency conversion?
    Yes. Listing will show in dollars (since you are in the US) and currency of where the person seeing the listing is.

I use HTML in my listings and they show up with no issues.

I would use another service to upload pictures. Unless the pictures transfer over from the eBay listing, I don't see how eBay can be used as an image hosting service.

eBid allows up to 5 pictures per listing, and I host the rest of them on use.com and also generate my listing templates on their site. Its free to use, lots of templates to choose from, unlimited photo storage, and simple to create.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

HTML is ok, but anything outside the <body> </body> tags (and those tags themselves) will be stripped. I think eBay has always done that (where eBid has only recently started to do it), so if your HTML worked there it should work here - assuming it doesn't address any eBay specific features or functions.

Thread Information