eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Please - Google Shopping not showing my DVDs - is this a glitch?

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Help Please - Google Shopping not showing my DVDs - is this a glitch?

I have over 100 new B&R Video DVDs listed in my Railway Relics store (http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?typ...Railway-Relics) but none of these are showing in Google Shopping. Each has an MPN and Brand fields completed. When I look through Google Shopping none of mine appear though a lot from other sellers on feebay are listed. Any ideas please? Thanks

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Help Please - Google Shopping not showing my DVDs - is this a glitch?

I haven't been able to find my stuff on GS in ages, even though my jewelry store was exempted a long time ago, I'm not sure why this is. I also don't see many eBid listings on GS period, at least not compared with Feepay and other sites. You might want to write support and see if they know what's going on, though it may well be the fault of GS and have nothing to do with eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Default Re: Help Please - Google Shopping not showing my DVDs - is this a glitch?

Managed to find them, but they are not getting much prominence.

If you put "railway relics ebid" as the Google Shopping search term it looks like it displays what you have listed - but id shows the item and all the sellers with that item. So first for me was "Forgotten Railways, South Wales [Book]" which was showing as available from 5 stores. If you click it then it gives the eBay listing with you showing (just about) as a link on the right. Looking on the bright side you are by far the cheapest, and I for one would take a look at you listing. Looks like the way Google are displaying the results that is the problem, might be down to he who pays the most gets to the front of the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by bunsock View Post
    I have over 100 new B&R Video DVDs listed in my Railway Relics store (http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?typ...Railway-Relics) but none of these are showing in Google Shopping. Each has an MPN and Brand fields completed. When I look through Google Shopping none of mine appear though a lot from other sellers on feebay are listed. Any ideas please? Thanks
    Where did you get the MPN number? With those items I would suggest that is more of a product code of the producer rather than any official number that would be recognized by Google.

So I have my doubts about whether an official code would exist? Technically as a DVD there should always be an identifier but this is probably the exception.. As a collectable listing rather than a DVD listing then I would go along the exempt route.

Could do with a few more keywords in the title to lock out the bay competition on the one I am looking at - add Forest of Dean & Vale of Neath - and you would completely lock out the GS competition.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Managed to find them, but they are not getting much prominence.

If you put "railway relics ebid" as the Google Shopping search term it looks like it displays what you have listed - but id shows the item and all the sellers with that item. So first for me was "Forgotten Railways, South Wales [Book]" which was showing as available from 5 stores. If you click it then it gives the eBay listing with you showing (just about) as a link on the right. Looking on the bright side you are by far the cheapest, and I for one would take a look at you listing. Looks like the way Google are displaying the results that is the problem, might be down to he who pays the most gets to the front of the queue.
    Do you mean the eBid listing?

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    Do you mean the eBid listing?
    No, and that is the problem. Despite putting eBid specifically in the search it shows ALL sellers of that item, with the eBay listing gaining prominence, complete with a 'Shop' button. At the side in small writing there is 'Stella & Rose's Books' then eBid. Two of the supposed 5 sellers do not even get a mention. Where there is only one seller it is the bunsock listing on eBid. So they are there, but pushed to the back.

Here is the image. As you can see in the search bar I have searched for all the store items on eBid, and they all show. But when you select an item similar items appear, with eBay getting prominence.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Being a Google Shopping Marketplace Partner is really paying off for eBid then.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Being a Google Shopping Marketplace Partner is really paying off for eBid then.
    According to my Analytics it does pay off. But how much more would it pay off on an even playing field? Problem is what would it cost to een things up, and would the extra sales and FVF's cover it?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    According to my Analytics it does pay off. But how much more would it pay off on an even playing field? Problem is what would it cost to een things up, and would the extra sales and FVF's cover it?
    How do your analytics show the benefit of being a Marketplace Partner over being a non-Marketplace Partner user of Google Shopping?

When it was first announced I (foolishly) thought that eBid would gain something from it that other GS users didn't. As far as I can see they gain squat. Especially now that placing is all driven by how much you are willing to pay. Users chasing each other for placing and so the bid price goes up and up. Google says 'Ta!' and tucks their swag under Google Mattress.

Name:  mat.png
Views: 48
Size:  145.8 KB

Thread Information