My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Showroom and Brickwork postage cost

Default Showroom and Brickwork postage cost

Currently you see the postage cost when viewing listing on "list" & "Gallery"
    But not when viewing on "Showroom" or "Brickwork"

So could you please add something to the showroom view for postage

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Showroom and Brickwork postage cost

New one one me Sarah. Please explain 'brickwork'.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gill - it's one of the options for viewing listings in the drop down menu

Name:  brickwork.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  5.3 KB

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually, I would prefer not to have too much info regarding the items listed on the storefront page. That page is merely to give the shopper an enticing look at what is available inside the store. For detailed information about a specific product I would prefer that they enter the store by clicking on the item to read the full description. I'd be afraid that putting the S&H on that page might just encourage some shoppers to buy without reading the listing and description leading to misunderstandings.

Frankly, I'm not sure that having the price posted on that page for every item is too desirable. While it may be nice to be able to show the price on select featured items to entice shoppers into the store, it might be better to simply show a picture with the name and model of the specific product and let the customer click on the item to get further particulars.

Of course, if the shopper had arrived at the specific item through a search they should have landed on the page of the listing rather than the storefront page. Then they could go on to browse the store for other items that might interest them. The pricing and other details for the specific items can be easily gathered by them from the actual item listing.

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    Actually, I would prefer not to have too much info regarding the items listed on the storefront page. That page is merely to give the shopper an enticing look at what is available inside the store. For detailed information about a specific product I would prefer that they enter the store by clicking on the item to read the full description. I'd be afraid that putting the S&H on that page might just encourage some shoppers to buy without reading the listing and description leading to misunderstandings.

Frankly, I'm not sure that having the price posted on that page for every item is too desirable. While it may be nice to be able to show the price on select featured items to entice shoppers into the store, it might be better to simply show a picture with the name and model of the specific product and let the customer click on the item to get further particulars.

Of course, if the shopper had arrived at the specific item through a search they should have landed on the page of the listing rather than the storefront page. Then they could go on to browse the store for other items that might interest them. The pricing and other details for the specific items can be easily gathered by them from the actual item listing.
    I'm referring to a search results page, not a storefront page.
    P&P can (and frequently does) make the price higher than someone else selling the same item with free P&P.
    eBid is becoming more competitive and buyers should be given the whole of the information on total price for an item at a glance IMO so they know which item is the best priced item overall.
    It also makes no sense to me for the postage to be shown on some pages and not others as there is room on all pages.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Gill - it's one of the options for viewing listings in the drop down menu

Name:  brickwork.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  5.3 KB

Thanks Annie but what is the difference between gallery and brickwork?
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Thanks Annie but what is the difference between gallery and brickwork?
    No idea - they look the same to me ! Unless it's do with the device you're viewing eBid on.

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

The actual S&H cost is going to vary widely based on the potential buyer's location, the type of shipping offered and even the quantity of items being purchased, in some cases. I still feel that the buyer would be better served if they had to visit the actual listing to get the particulars about shipping costs and methods available.

Of course, having an option to search by total price would probably work. Although it would probably need to require more time for buyers to enter their location and desired method of shipment into the search parameters. However, there is always the issue of buyers search results being based on a less expensive method of shipping and the buyer wanting an upgrade.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    The actual S&H cost is going to vary widely based on the potential buyer's location, the type of shipping offered and even the quantity of items being purchased, in some cases. I still feel that the buyer would be better served if they had to visit the actual listing to get the particulars about shipping costs and methods available.

Of course, having an option to search by total price would probably work. Although it would probably need to require more time for buyers to enter their location and desired method of shipment into the search parameters. However, there is always the issue of buyers search results being based on a less expensive method of shipping and the buyer wanting an upgrade.
    Search by total price would be very misleading where a seller offers combined shipping on multiple purchases.

All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Search by total price would be very misleading where a seller offers combined shipping on multiple purchases.
    I suppose there is no perfect way to do things to take into account all potential possibilities.

Thread Information