eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Right to 30-day refund becomes law in the UK today, 1 October 2015

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Right to 30-day refund becomes law in the UK today, 1 October 2015

New consumer protection measures - including longer refund rights - have come into force under the Consumer Rights Act.

For the first time anyone who buys faulty goods will be entitled to a full refund for up to 30 days after the purchase
    Previously consumers were only entitled to refunds for a "reasonable time".

There will also be new protection for people who buy digital content, such as ebooks or online films and music.

They will be entitled to a full refund, or a replacement, if the goods are faulty.

The Act also covers second-hand goods, when bought through a retailer.

People buying services - like a garage repair or a haircut - will also have stronger rights.

Under the new Act, providers who do not carry out the work with reasonable care, as agreed with the consumer, will be obliged to put things right.
    Or they may have to give some money back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34403005

Default Re: Right to 30-day refund becomes law in the UK today, 1 October 2015

If a buyer uses PayPal they have up to 180 days to file a dispute for refund.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    If a buyer uses PayPal they have up to 180 days to file a dispute for refund.
    OP was talking about a new UK law not an imposition of terms by Paypal the legality of which has never been tested in a court of law (to my knowledge)

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    OP was talking about a new UK law not an imposition of terms by Paypal the legality of which has never been tested in a court of law (to my knowledge)
    A user agrees to the terms of service by using PayPal, so their refund policy in the terms of service will take precedence.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    A user agrees to the terms of service by using PayPal, so their refund policy in the terms of service will take precedence.

Terms and conditions have been overturned in the past when a court has considered them to be legally unreasonable.

View RameRetro's Feedback (+33)
    All-About RameRetro
    View RameRetro's Listings
    Forum Posts

I currently have a 14 day return policy. Should I be altering this to reflect the new UK legislation? My gut feeling tells me I should? Has anyone else?

Thread Information