Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever left a neg?

Default Re: Have you ever left a neg?

Left a neg as a buyer on TOS today. Ordered something last Saturday night about 10pm. Paid an extra 70p to have it sent first class ("expected delivery no later than Wednesday" they dispatch same or next working day). The item was pretty much immediately marked as dispatched.

I got it Saturday morning, a week after purchasing. Emailed regarding the fact I paid extra to have it quicker (it was pre-printed "stamp" so unable to tell either way) and no response.

Justified?

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryfeedback87 View Post
    ........Emailed regarding the fact I paid extra to have it quicker (it was pre-printed "stamp" so unable to tell either way) ........
    My question is.

In that case how does the Royal Mail know which postal service applies to the package?
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink Re: Have you ever left a neg?

Quote Originally Posted by wyevalleyfabrics View Post
    hi

i have left a neg in the last few months
    item didnt turn up
    i contacted the seller politely who relied that i had to wait 15 working days (which i know and understand)

i waited no item recontacted them still no offer of a refund
    i didnt leave a neg until paypal refunded me

and when i did leave the neg the reply was
    "1st lost in post. replacment sent, ebay refunded, i cant do anymore than that"

which was a lie

perhaps i souldnt of left the feed back ....
    i work in retail and it seams that customers can throw the mire and we have to smile only in ciperland suppliers think there is no customer service
    rant over sorry..

I have decided not to leave feedback until feedback received.

I sold an item on here in September, as always weighed and stamped at the post office, thanked buyer for prompt payment and that item had been posted but about 3 weeks later contacted by buyer to say item had not arrived but he would wait until the weekend, he then advised me later that still not arrived so I refunded him, in December he contacted me via email to advise item had arrived now and therefore he would like to pay me for it but as I had been refunded by Royal mail I ask him to make a donation to Help for Heroes or similar charity on my behalf but since then have heard nothing, no feed back left. Same happened on the TOS also, but on this occasion buyer bought several items didn't pay, unpaid item case opened, she paid then waited a month before contacting and saying not arrived, I refunded and claimed from Royal mail, both items were sent to Wales.

Don't know if you believe in 6th sense but mine is telling me something iffy is going on, if not 6th sense then is the line of work I was in for the last 15 years that makes me suspicious, but where insults, being sworn at and name calling were just part of the job never bothered me the neg I received did because I could not have done anything more than deliver by hand and I could call it 'defamation' or it it as we grow older we become more sensitive????????

Oh well move on, get over it as the youngsters say today, rant over!!!!!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Babushka, my dear- sorry for your loss. It's a hard time

I've left negs, but only for NPB when all other means fail. Or an occasional Not-nice person. Those are rare, fortunately, on this site.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10028)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post
    I have decided not to leave feedback until feedback received.

I sold an item on here in September, as always weighed and stamped at the post office, thanked buyer for prompt payment and that item had been posted but about 3 weeks later contacted by buyer to say item had not arrived but he would wait until the weekend, he then advised me later that still not arrived so I refunded him, in December he contacted me via email to advise item had arrived now and therefore he would like to pay me for it but as I had been refunded by Royal mail I ask him to make a donation to Help for Heroes or similar charity on my behalf but since then have heard nothing, no feed back left. Same happened on the TOS also, but on this occasion buyer bought several items didn't pay, unpaid item case opened, she paid then waited a month before contacting and saying not arrived, I refunded and claimed from Royal mail, both items were sent to Wales.

Don't know if you believe in 6th sense but mine is telling me something iffy is going on, if not 6th sense then is the line of work I was in for the last 15 years that makes me suspicious, but where insults, being sworn at and name calling were just part of the job never bothered me the neg I received did because I could not have done anything more than deliver by hand and I could call it 'defamation' or it it as we grow older we become more sensitive????????

Oh well move on, get over it as the youngsters say today, rant over!!!!!
    Personally I always leave feedback for a buyer as soon as I receive payment. At that point the buyer has done what is required.
    If the transaction later goes pear-shaped you can always change feedback on eBid.

Quote Originally Posted by babushska View Post
    A pig then??

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

A pig then??
    No, but did work part-time with them, I worked in one of the big houses.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Merking
    View Merking's Listings
    Forum Posts

Left a neg as a buyer on TOS today. Ordered something last Saturday night about 10pm. Paid an extra 70p to have it sent first class ("expected delivery no later than Wednesday" they dispatch same or next working day). The item was pretty much immediately marked as dispatched.

I got it Saturday morning, a week after purchasing. Emailed regarding the fact I paid extra to have it quicker (it was pre-printed "stamp" so unable to tell either way) and no response.

Justified?
    From my experience, 1st class and 2nd class are the same. I know this for certain from when I posted aquatic livestock. Each can either be next day or 5 days so I had to make sure the packaging was fit for the journey. I don't understand the logic and gain from harming a seller with a neg unless a buyer has experienced actual gross misconduct.

We are all free to leave whatever feedback we wish so a decent seller will accumulate a few negs regardless on how they perform.

I can understand why one would feel compelled to leave negative feedback in your case, based on the fact that the seller didn't reply. I always check my email several times throughout the day to be able to reply as fast as possible.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Merking View Post
    ....I can understand why one would feel compelled to leave negative feedback in your case, based on the fact that the seller didn't reply. I always check my email several times throughout the day to be able to reply as fast as possible.
    But was the question emailed directly to the seller.

Or was the After Sales Log used, thus leaving proof of the communication attempt on the eBid site ?
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Thread Information