eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Have you ever left a neg?

Default Re: Have you ever left a neg?

Quote Originally Posted by Merking View Post
    From my experience, 1st class and 2nd class are the same. I know this for certain from when I posted aquatic livestock. Each can either be next day or 5 days so I had to make sure the packaging was fit for the journey. I don't understand the logic and gain from harming a seller with a neg unless a buyer has experienced actual gross misconduct.

We are all free to leave whatever feedback we wish so a decent seller will accumulate a few negs regardless on how they perform.

I can understand why one would feel compelled to leave negative feedback in your case, based on the fact that the seller didn't reply. I always check my email several times throughout the day to be able to reply as fast as possible.
    I messaged the seller pretty much a week ago querying the delay on postage having paid extra for 1st class, no reply a week on. Feel happier about leaving the neg. On the flip side, I bought a DVD last Saturday night, seller messaged saying thanks for quick payment and they'll post it on Monday. I got the "dispatched" message on Monday afternoon, got the DVD on Tuesday, and it was free 2nd class p&p. I send everything 2nd class as you say, a lot of the time it's the same and I've sent many items 2nd class and they arrive next day. What irked me about the initial transaction in point was it was marked "dispatched" pretty much immediately after I had paid which is obviously not true (i know this is probably set up automatically, but they must be very quick to get my address etc that fast! So they are effectively lying). The transaction page said I will receive it no later than the Wednesday... I got it Saturday and with no reply for over a week now. It's an item which I'm likely to use rather quickly and buy again as well so their loss

Forum Lurker
    All-About Merking
    View Merking's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Have you ever left a neg?

I buy a lot of small electrical components from the UK on TOS that are listed with a free delivery option as standard. They've been taking 6 days to arrive. I think many of these sellers are actually based in China with 'warehouses' in the UK.

If/when Ebid gets more traffic, we will see a flood of new items from these sellers, along with increased listing fees to match. It's a double edged sword.

Thread Information