Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: How are you intending to vote in the EU Referendum?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remain a member of the European Union.

15 21.43%
  • Leave the European Union.

45 64.29%
  • Undecided, but leaning towards 'Remain'.

3 4.29%
  • Undecided, but leaning towards 'Leave'.

7 10.00%
Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The EU Referendum.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The EU Referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    ...There was an overall swing from a majority remain to majority leave after DC came back with his pathetic joke of a deal.
    Mr Cameron represents every thing that is honest, decent, and fair in one of our cherished leaders.

Our democracy is safe in his hands,
    Last edited by MPS16; 10th February 2016 at 04:44 PM.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    Mr Cameron represents every thing that is honest, decent, and fair in one of our cherished leaders.

Our democracy is safe in his hands,
    If we leave the EU, whatever cushy job had been lined up for him will have gone out of the window. He will have others to fall back on of course, but the EU ones just entail turning up every so often with a truck to pick up your wedge.
    Last edited by astral276; 10th February 2016 at 08:25 PM.

I'd imagine the "Stay" voters are the quiet ones whereas the "leave" think it's cool and like to tell people, much like the Scottish referendum.

I'll be voting to remain in the EU.

I may be young but certainly not "brainwashed" by the EU machine or whatever you called it Mel. Maybe I'm just not only interested in what is best for myself unlike others

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryfeedback87 View Post
    .....I'll be voting to remain in the EU.
    So will I.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryfeedback87 View Post
    I may be young but certainly not "brainwashed" by the EU machine or whatever you called it Mel. Maybe I'm just not only interested in what is best for myself unlike others
    have you had permission to stay up
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts
    Last edited by astral276; 11th February 2016 at 02:00 AM.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

i can draw an analogy with the herbal remedies market, some thing ive talked and campaigned about for years and mentioned it on here too, the corporate take over of the forestry industry in this country,geared for the self interests of big business , they even over regulated the firewood business , removing the age old right to pick sticks for yourself out of the kings[ now the governments forests] coupled with that can only be called lies to justifie this strangle hold on people, yes you guessed it they even used the environment, to monopolies for the forestry corporations,

the above also applies to internet trading you have all noticed how certain sites favor the stocking of big commercial interests over the small trader/collectable sellers, postage was another move making it some times impossible to post nationaly let alone internationaly , the EU has a strangle hold in nearly every stream of life , there are others i know of, there are many i dont, pure greed and control, time to get out!
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

There are some people who would want to leave the EU come what may even if it were working perfectly.

There are other people who would want to stay in the EU irrespective of how well or not it works.

In between is a big chunk of the electorate who do not have entrenched views either way but would like some basic facts and truth so that they can make informed decisions. They cannot get that from mainstream media or from the politicians. They are not helped when the people with the entrenched positions present false information and arguments and just make stuff up.

The video clip of Daniel Hannan is a case in point. Although it contains some good points, it also contains falsehoods. For example, he argues that trade blocs or free markets such as the EU are some kind of hangover from the 1950s and 1960s and that they are an out of date concept, especially as technology has moved on since then, and he makes adverse comments about regional trade blocs such as the EU in comparison to global trading. Well, the people who do not question and do not think and who want to leave the EU come what may might lap that up at face value but what he says does not stack up against what is happening elsewhere in the world. The Eurasian Economic Union is currently kicking off and the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation is intending to start up a free trade bloc. The Commonwealth of Independent States Free Trade Area has been going since just after the dissolution of the Soviet Union. In South America we have free trade areas in Mercosur, the Andean Community of Nations, and The Union of South American Nations. In the Caribbean there is the CARICOM Single Market. In Central America there is the Central America Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA) and in North America there is the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) has undertaken feasibility investigation into the setting up of a full blown free trade bloc. ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) is intending to develop into a full blown free trade bloc and has free trade agreements with India, with China and with Korea. The China–Japan–South Korea Free Trade Agreement might well have been agreed by now if it were not for the territorial disputes between China and Japan that blew up recently. Australia and New Zealand have their free trade area – AANZFTA. They also have free trade agreements with China. And just to pull some other free trade areas out of the hat to make the point, there are also the South Asian Free Trade Area (SAFTA), the Gulf Cooperation Council Internal Market, the Greater Arab Free Trade Area (GAFTA), the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA), the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), the Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS) and the African Free Trade Zone (AFTZ). Members of the African Union are currently working on launching a Continental Free Trade Area (CFTA) with all 54 African Union nations by 2017. And of course there are also TTIP and TPP. If this guy wants to knock regional trade blocs, in the interest of balance he should at least mention all the other regional trade blocs in the world so that his audience know that he is proposing for the UK to go in the opposite direction to most of the rest of the world.

It would be much better for the debate if people like Daniel Hannan kept to facts rather than subjective spin. There are plenty around that should be brought to the attention of the electorate. For example, some of us already know about the TTIP issues but most people do not. People voting on the future of the UK within or without the EU have a right to know how undemocratic the TTIP negotiation process has been. I am sure that most decent British voters would be shocked to their core if they knew how TTIP was negotiated. Would be much better if the OUT people concentrated on these kinds of things.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/02...d_of_the_ttip/

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    The man is rather foolish.
    I think that is the nicest thing I have heard said about him.

Thread Information